• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月15日
|Single User||￥586,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥655,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,035,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The pet food packaging market was valued at USD 9.92 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach a value of USD 13.78 billion by 2026 and grow at a CAGR of 6.79% over the forecast period (2021-2026). The pet food packaging market is gaining traction due to the growing adoption of a pet as a companion and increasing awareness about maintaining a pet’s health among the owners. The rising concerns about pets’ health are boosting the adoption of the spill-proof and advanced pet food packaging to maintain pet food packaging quality.
– The Pet Food Manufacturers’ Association estimates that 12 million, or 40%, of UK households, own a pet. Due to the growth of pet adoptions and increasing awareness amongst owners about animal health, the industry has focused on maintaining the quality of pet food packagings, such as spill-proof and labeling innovations.
– Animal lovers are demanding attractive, informative, and protective products, like any other food product. Moreover, FDA regulations for pet food products have improved over the years and are similar to human food. Manufacturers are focusing on providing consumers’ wants, such as intelligent packaging for pet food. Thus, labeling these pet food products creates a positive outlook on the pet food packaging market.
– The most significant trend in packaging right now is sustainability. Sustainability has been a serious concern voiced by governments and consumers, owing to which packaging companies are focusing on packages that comply with the government and consumers. For instance, ProAmpac’s PRO-EVP multiwall bags are used for sustainable pet food packaging, made from fiber-based renewable resources and paper/poly hybrid materials. The company’s PRO-DURA range comes in woven polypropylene bags, offering flexibility and durability.
– Further, the industry is witnessing a shift in trend towards premium packaged products. The interest in premiumization within the pet food sector has mainly been focused on the ingredients, sourcing, and processing. However, this trend has trickled down into the pet food packaging market, focusing on sensory-focused packaging. With interest in touch-based packaging increasing over the years, packaging experts understand the importance of conveying a brand’s story differently from consumers find attractive.
– The rapid growth of internet retailing has been highly disruptive towards the pet care industry over the past few years. The COVID-19 pandemic has also heightened the shift and has significantly boosted the online pet food sales. In addition to luring market trends being followed in 2019, the onset of 2020 has led to issues being faced by plastic manufacturers amidst the Coronavirus outbreak. For instance, as of March 2020, the British Plastics Federation (BPF) surveyed its members to depict the coronavirus pandemic impact on UK plastics manufacturing.
Key Market Trends
Bags to Witness Significant Growth
– Bags are anticipated to witness significant growth due to the companies’ growing focus to reduce the usage of material in producing the product is encouraging the development of the bags. The physical and barrier properties required for standalone bags can be provided in a lightweight multi-material laminate, and generally include one or more of LDPE, HDPE, CPP, OPP, and PVC and coatings such as PVdCL.
– Although flexible materials are not currently widely collected through kerbside recycling schemes, they were bags to become widely recycled. The preferred options would be monomers or mixed materials based around polyethylene and PET. Some significant retailers who collect carrier bags are looking to take back bread bags, cereal bags, and other similar bags, which may, in the future, allow monolayer bags to be more readily recycled. However, given the current lack of kerbside recycling facilities for flexible materials, priority should first be given to light- weighting and material reduction.
– Most of the packaging companies aim for a material reduction in their packages. And this is the prime factor driving the growth of the bags in the pet food packaging industry. Historically, the excessive reduction has increased seal failures. However, a new sealing approach, the ‘Integrity seal system,’ has been developed by Ceetek in partnership with WRAP and International Food Partners (IFP) and can reduce the standard seal size of 15mm down to 1.5mm wide30.
– This technology has been used successfully by Marks & Spencer for salad packaging, generating a 10-15% packaging material reduction and is suitable for use with both liner bags and standalone bags.
North America Holds Major Share
– Increasing pet humanization and pet ownership, the emergence of private label store brands, and growing urbanization are some of the major driving forces propelling the growth of the North American pet food market.
– Further, the increase in the number of non-traditional households with no children, coupled with high levels of disposable income is boosting the per-capita pet expenditure for this market. Consequently, pet owners are willing to pay for more value-added products and resulting in a decline of economy pet food, with people moving toward branded product offerings.
– Moreover, the increasing penetration of e-commerce, coupled with internet retailing, is creating a market for pet stores to create Omni channels to grow. Thus, all the aforementioned reasons are expected to be instrumental in driving the pet food packaging market in North America.
– According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the U.S. pet food exports to China were up by 124% from Jan 2020 through Jun 2020 compared to the same period in 2019. The new e-commerce regulations, potentially allowed the sales of U.S. pet food via this channel, combined with the growth of e-commerce in the pet food market due to COVID-19, may present an opportunity to increase the U.S. market share in the Chinese pet food market.
The pet food packaging market is highly fragmented and in the growth phase. A few of the key players in this market are Amcor Limited, American Packaging Corporation, Ball Corporation, Bemis Company, and Crown Holdings. With innovation in pet food products and rising competition in the pet food packaging market, manufacturers are opting for quality and sustainable packaging to attract more customers. Some of the recent developments in the market are:
– Feb 2020 – Silgan Holdings acquired Cobra Plastics Inc. The combination of Cobra’s overcap product line with the aerosol actuators and dispensing systems would allow Silgan to offer a broader range of integrated solutions, including functional overcaps, to meet the unique needs of the customers.
– May 2019 – Amcor launched AmLite Ultra Recyclable, the first packaging product made from its revolutionary, more sustainable high-barrier polyolefin film that came out last year. AmLite Ultra Recyclable is the latest addition to Amcor’s AmLite product line, which was created in 2015 to provide metal-free barrier packaging that significantly reduced the packaging’s carbon footprint.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Pet Food Packaging Industry
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increased Demand for Premium and Branded Products
5.1.2 Increasing Awareness About Maintaining Pet’s Health
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Environmental Regulations
6 PET FOOD MARKET LANDSCAPE
6.1 Pet Food Industry Overview
6.2 Types of Pet Food
6.3 Pet Food by Animal Type
7 MARKET SEGMENTATION
7.1 By Material
7.2 By Product Type
7.2.1 Plastic Bottles & Jars
7.2.3 Folding Cartons
7.2.4 Metal Cans
7.2.6 Other Types
7.3 By Type of Food
7.3.1 Dry Food
7.3.2 Wet Food
7.3.3 Chilled & Frozen
7.4 By Animal
7.4.1 Dog Food
7.4.2 Cat Food
7.4.3 Other Animal Food
7.5.1 North America
7.5.3 Asia Pacific
7.5.4 Latin America
7.5.5 Middle East and Africa
8 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1 Company Profiles
8.1.1 Amcor PLC
8.1.2 American Packaging Corporation
8.1.3 Crown Holdings
8.1.4 Ampac Packaging
8.1.5 Ball Corporation
8.1.6 Coveris Holdings
8.1.7 MeadWestvaco Corporation
8.1.8 Mondi Group
8.1.9 Sonoco Products
8.1.10 Berry Plastics
8.1.11 Ardagh Group
8.1.13 Silgan Holdings Inc.
9 INVESTMENT OUTLOOK
10 FUTURE OF THE MARKET