• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年1月
|Single User||￥603,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥674,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,065,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The spoil detection-based smart labels market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9% over the forecast period (2021-2026). Smart labels are becoming one of the most popular technologies across the pharmaceutical, food, cosmetics, etc., and are viewed as an ideal means to achieve greater efficiencies and profitability while providing the authenticity of an item and its traceability
– Smart labels provide detailed information about individual items in less time and offer it in real-time, and also helps in ensuring authenticity and supply-chain integrity while creating new opportunities for brands to engage with customers.
– Also, the rising customer preference for the hygiene of food material coupled with the ability for runtime detection of the degree of freshness of food material is expected to drive the market demand for the spoil detection-based smart labels over the forecast period.
– The increases in food and pharmaceutical recalls in recent years have raised global awareness about the genuine challenges of maintaining safe product temperature ranges during the production, handling, and administration of specific “cold chain” goods. In January 2020, FUSION IV Pharmaceuticals, Inc dba., AXIA Pharmaceutical voluntarily recalled all unused sterile drug products within expiry, to the user level, due to a lack of assurance of sterility.
Key Market Trends
Food & Beverage Industry is Expected to Hold the Largest Share
– The freshness of a product is defined by various factors such as pH, moisture, and many more. Smart labels enable the monitoring and measurement of factors like temperature, pH, moisture, and microbial growth, etc. by changing their texture, color, or even communicating to a system with the help of RFID tags. These labels are expected to see an increased adoption over the forecast period.
– Also, the increasing consumption of food products such as dairy products(Pasteurised whole milk, Yoghurt, Ice cream, and frozen yogurt), exotic fruits, fresh meats, and imported or artisan cheeses and many more with a shorter shelf life is expected to drive the demand for spoil detection-based smart labels over the forecast period.
– The food and beverage industry is governed by various standards that propel the players to adhere to requirements regarding the freshness, manufacturing & expiry dates, and many more. Such supportive regulations are indicative of the fact that the market is expected to grow over the forecast period.
– For example, frozen meat, including seafood, should possess the label of date of freezing, date of expiry, frozen meat preparation methods along with the name and address of the manufacturer/packer according to the E.U. relation no. 1169/2011. Such supportive government regulation helps the spoil detection-based smart label market in the fishery industry to grow.
North America is Expected to Hold the Largest Share
– The rising number of foodborne diseases in the region is one of the prominent factors that is expected to boost the adoption of smart labels over the forecast period as smart labels successfully indicate the quality of the food product.
– The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that there are about 48 million cases of foodborne illness annually sickening 1 in 6 Americans each year, resulting in an estimated 128,000 hospitalizations and 3,000 deaths.
– According to the Consumer Brands Association, over 920 most iconic American Brands have employed SmartLabel to share the information consumers want in one, convenient location.
– Also, the region has been witnessing series of recalls in the pharmaceutical, food & beverage, and cosmetics sectors due to overstocking or expiry. These labels could enable the players to ensure authenticity, in turn, providing improved product quality. According to the announcement made by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS), in June 2019, C&S Wholesale Grocers recalled an undetermined amount of ready-to-eat and not-ready-to-eat meat and poultry products during transport, due to temperature abuse which may have resulted in the growth of spoilage organisms or pathogens.
– Such instances are indicative of the fact that the smart labels market the region is expected to grow over the forecast period.
The competitive rivalry in the spoil detection-based smart labels market is high owing to the presence of some key players such as Evigence Sensors, Insignia Technologies and many more. The players in the industry have been able to successfully come up with product developments through continuous research and development by entering into strategic partnerships that have enabled them to boost the market growth.
– In October 2019 – EVIGENCE Sensors announced that the company had entered into a partnership agreement with Treum, to offer a comprehensive blockchain-based temperature traceability solution. Also, the company claimed to launch FOOD STORAGE TRACKERS sensors that monitor the storage time and conditions of food in the users fridge, and change color to indicate the true remaining shelf life.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Rising Need to Determine the Freshness of Products
4.2.2 Rising Consumer Preference for Hygiene of Food Material
4.2.3 Increasing Demand for Security and Tracking Solutions
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Lack of Ubiquitous Standards , and Safety concerns
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Technology (Qualitative Trend Analysis)
5.1.2 Sensing Label
5.2 By End-user Industry
5.2.2 Food & Beverage
5.2.5 Other End-user Industries
5.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Zebra Technologies Corporation
6.1.2 Evigence Sensors
6.1.3 Insignia Technologies
6.1.4 Avery Dennison Corporation
6.1.5 CCL Industries Inc.
6.1.6 Honeywell International Inc. (Honeywell Productivity and Workflow Solutions)
6.1.7 Invengo Information Technology Co. Ltd
6.1.8 Scanbuy Inc
6.1.9 Sato Holdings Corp.
6.1.10 Smartrac NV
6.1.11 Thin Film Electronics ASA
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS