• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年1月
|Single User||￥603,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥674,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,065,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The healthcare packaging market was valued at USD 124.83 billion in 2020, recording a CAGR of 6.35% over the forecast period from 2021 to 2026. The healthcare industry has evolved from its traditional form of practices to the current position, where high-tech equipment and instruments are being deployed to improve efficiency and the increasing demand for sustainable packaging and processing operations. The rising awareness of environmental issues and the government regulations are pressurizing the pharmaceutical companies to move toward sustainable processes. These developments by the medical devices and pharmaceutical vendors are providing scope for the expansion of the healthcare packaging market.
– Medical device packaging provides a sterile environment for the contents within, and the sterility needs to be preserved until the package is opened for use. The healthcare industry is growing due to the increasing number of hospitals, therapeutic equipment manufacturers, and diagnostic centers. Rising environmental concerns and increasing demand for microbial packing are anticipated to boost the sales of sterile therapeutic packing. The growing aging population, due to increased life expectancy rates across regions, is creating a scope for medical device manufacturers and pharmaceuticals.
– The pharmaceutical and medical device industries are highly regulated and are emphasizing the safety and sustainability aspects of manufacturing and packaging processes. Traceability legislations across the healthcare sector have been established to counter the counterfeit drugs and medical devices. Regulations concerning traceability are evident across developed and developing regions. For instance, in North America, the US Drug Quality and Security Act (DQSA) requires serialization of all prescription products and supply chain history. Therefore, the need for compliance with the serialization of all the pharmaceutical and medical devices is expected to drive the robust growth of the global labeling machinery market.
– The increasing demand for anti-counterfeiting techniques to protect the interests of patients has further strengthened the pharmaceutical packaging’s growth. The growth prospects of the market studied are expected to depend on the overall growth of the pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors. The advent of new healthcare medicines is one of the significant drivers of growth. The rapidly growing pharmaceutical industry across the world is boosting the growth of the market. The demand for pharmaceutical glass and containers are majorly arising from densely populated economies, such as India and China.
– The spread of COVID-19 has negatively impacted the market to a certain extent, due to disruptions in the supply chain due to extended factory closures, globally. Logistically, it has been difficult for bottles, vials, and ampoules makers to provide to the pharma companies. For instance, AGI glaspac’s pharma segment, which currently contributes 30-32% of glass packaging in the Indian pharma packaging industry, is facing hampered production, affected supplies, and increased stock. So far, the company is working partially with limited raw materials, like sand and soda ash, the critical input raw materials for glass packaging.
Key Market Trends
Blister Packs are Expected to Witness Significant Growth
– Blister packages are one of the most popular and convenient dosing formats. The major companies that operate in the healthcare packaging industry provide non-PVC barrier blister packaging, which assists medical and pharmaceutical companies in meeting sustainability objectives and shelf-life requirements, and offers an economical alternative, compared to traditional market offerings. Blister packs are used for medical instruments or devices, such as catheters and injection syringes. However, applications of blister packs in medical device packaging are lesser than their applications in pharmaceutical product packaging.
– The occurrence of new diseases calls for better population health management. further, the emergence of informed customers and the growth of OTC (over-the-counter) drugs have augmented the growth of blister packaging in the pharmaceutical industry. Blister packaging has gained popularity to protect medication from moisture. Aligning to these trends, companies, like Burgopak and Ecobliss, have developed original blister packaging that is child-proof. The rising compliances by FDA, such as the CPG Sec. 450.500, which requires providing visible evidence to consumers that tampering has occurred, have been driving the need for tamper-evident packaging.
– This has enabled security throughout the product’s lifecycle, including after purchase by a consumer. Thus, blister packaging being the most used form of TEP (Tamperevident Packaging), has found an increased demand across the healthcare industry. Regulations related to child-proof packaging are also being implemented across regions, non-compliance, which may lead to medical recall and damage the reputation of drug manufacturers.
– New product launches by pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers are expected to aid market growth. For instance, in June 2019, Amcor partnered with GSK to develop an enhanced moisture barrier blister pack, which protects its Pakistani market’s antibiotic against the hot climate. It also worked with machine manufacturer CAM-Partena, to develop a solution based on the Formpack Dessiflex Ultra, a desiccated blister system with a special lidding foil. In October 2019, Activ-Blister packaging solution, developed by Aptar Group for oral solid dose drug delivery, was approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as an HIV prevention medicine. The system protects oral solid drug products with a 3-Phase Activ-Polymer solution that is fully integrated into the blister package.
North America is Expected to Dominate the Market
– The United States and Canada are countries that are developed with prosperous economies, aging population segments, and advanced medical delivery systems, but the countries vary measurably in population size, healthcare spending intensities, aggregate gross domestic product (GDP) levels, and the structure of health insurance plans. With advanced primary medical community, extensive medical and life science research activities, high healthcare spending intensity, and large pharmaceutical and medical supply and device industries, the United States account for one of the world’s largest geographical markets for healthcare packaging products.
– The United States also dominates the pharmaceutical market, both in consumption and development. According to STAT, prescription drug spending in the country is considered to increase to USD 600 billion by 2023, up from an estimated USD 500 billion in 2019, which is further expected to drive the market for pharmaceutical glass packaging in the country. Additionally, as the United States is facing costly pharmaceutical imports from other countries than Canada, the US government authorized a pilot project for wholesalers and pharmacists to import versions of FDA-approved medicines from Canada.
– Further, in May 2020, MedAccred announced to continue its expansion and support for the medical device industry. MedAccred has incorporated new sterile device packaging and plastics mechanical assembly audit processes added four new subscribers and accredited significant suppliers within the previous year. The program also entered its second year of partnership with the US Department of Commerce through the Medical Manufacturers MedAccred Accreditation Pathway (MedMMAP) for manufacturers and suppliers seeking accreditation. Instances like these are expected to boost the market in the region significantly.
– Moreover, the increasing population under the age group of 0-9 years is estimated to drive the demand for pharmaceutical syrups, which would, in turn, reflect the growth of healthcare packaging in the region. According to the United States Census Bureau, in the United States, the population under 0-9 years age group was 40.01 million in 2019. Since United States is one of the largest consumers of pharmaceutical products and depends on imports for API and finished products, the prolonged periods of lockdown due to the spread of COVID-19 might also negatively affect the region’s market.
The healthcare packaging market is competitive and at the same time moderately consolidated. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. These major players with prominent shares in the market are focusing on expanding their customer base across multiple countries. These companies are leveraging strategic collaborative initiatives to increase their market shares and profitability.
– February 2020 – West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. introduced several new, innovative pharmaceutical containment and closure offerings at Pharmapack, France. The company launched two AccelTRA component line extensions, a Flip-Off Seal container closure system (CCS) compatible with the 5mL Daikyo Crystal Zenith vial, and the new Ready Pack system with SCHOTT’s adaptiQ platform.
– January 2020 – Gerresheimer AG launched Gx Elite top-quality injection vials for more excellent patient safety. These high-end tubular glass vials are Gerresheimers’ response to increasingly stringent customer demands and expectations on the pharmaceutical market, including higher demands for patient safety.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on Healthcare Packaging
4.3 Industry Attractiveness Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increased Emphasis on Convenience and Environmental Issues
5.1.2 Rise In Medicine Counterfeiting Leading to Advanced Packaging and Labeling
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Environmental Concerns Related to Raw Materials for Packaging and Price Competition
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By End-User Vertical
6.1.2 Medical Devices
6.2 By Product Type
6.2.1 Bottles and Containers
6.2.2 Vials and Ampoules
6.2.3 Cartridges and Syringes
6.2.4 Pouch and Bags
6.2.5 Blister Packs
6.2.7 Paper Board Boxes
6.2.8 Caps and Closures
6.2.10 Other Product Types
6.3 By Material
6.3.3 Other Materials (Paper and Metal)
6.4.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.4.4 Latin America
188.8.131.52 Rest of Latin America
6.4.5 Middle-East & Africa
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC)
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East & Africa
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Gerresheimer AG
7.1.2 Corning Incorporated
7.1.3 Nipro Corporation
7.1.4 SGD SA
7.1.5 Stölzle-Oberglas GmbH
7.1.6 Bormioli Pharma SRL
7.1.7 Schott AG
7.1.8 Shandong Medicinal Glass Co. Ltd
7.1.9 Beatson Clark PLC
7.1.10 Arab Pharmaceutical Glass Co
7.1.11 Piramal Glass Pvt Ltd
7.1.12 Şişecam Group
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET STUDIED