• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月15日
|Single User||￥620,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥693,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,095,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The Postal Automation Market is expected to register a CAGR of approximately 7% during the forecast period (2021 – 2026). The increasing adoption of automated solutions across various end-user industries and major technological advancements like industry 4.0 and digitization has necessitated the need for automation in the sorting and delivery processes in the postal industry. Further, rising labor costs due to labor shortages are expected to further drive the postal automation market.
– Also, the evolution of smart, connected, and efficient automated postal operations through the integration of Industry 4.0 practices with various technologies like RFID, Barcode Readers, Scanners, etc. is expected to grow the market significantly.
– The massive growth in e-commerce has resulted in massive growth in the volume of parcels and packages. For instance, according to Shopify, it is estimated that there will be 1.92 billion global digital buyers in 2019, with e-commerce sales expected to account for 13.7% of retail sales worldwide. Thus, a need for automated solutions in the postal industry is expected to further enhance the e-commerce logistics industry. Hence, automation in the postal industry is expected to grow significantly in the forecast period.
– However, the declining volume of traditional mails like letters and mails, owing to internet penetration and the use of smart devices, is one of the major factors hindering the market growth. Also, high initial investments and maintenance costs are further restricting the growth of the market.
Key Market Trends
Hardware Component Expected to Grow Significantly
– The hardware component is expected to hold a majority share in the postal automation system market. Automation in any end-user industry is essentially a collection of connected hardware components and data solutions. Hence, the need for a hardware component in the postal and parcel industry is increasing with the increase in the need for automation in the industry.
– Also, the increase in the number of new system installations as part of capacity expansion and upgrades in the existing system as part of automation in the postal industry is expected to be the major factor driving the market.
– Furthermore, the massive growth in the e-commerce industry has led to a surge in the number of parcel deliveries across the globe. Also, crossborder retail has further stimulated the growth in parcel deliveries. Hence, an automated and connected hardware system is essential in a postal automation system to enhance the supply chain in the postal industry.
– However, these hardware systems require regular maintenance, along with hardware and software upgrades. Also, high-value contracts are signed between automation equipment manufacturers and postal operators for after-sales services. Owing to this, the market for services is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period.
North America Expected to Dominate the Market
– The North America region is expected to account for the largest share of the postal automation system market in the forecast period. Major factors like the presence of major postal and CEP companies in the region are driving the market growth in the region.
– Also, renovation and upgradation of existing postal automation systems in North America has resulted in the installation or capacity expansion of these systems, thereby contributing to the growth of the market in the region.
– Further, the massive growth of e-commerce in the region has led to an increase in the need for automated solutions in the postal and parcel industry. For instance, according to the US Department of Commerce, in the first quarter of 2019, the share of e-commerce in total U.S. retail sales was 10.7%, which increased as compared to 9.8% in the first quarter in 2018. As of that quarter, retail e-commerce sales in the United States amounted to almost USD 146.2 billion.
The global postal automation system market is moving towards fragmentation owing to the various technological advancements taking place in the postal industry. Since the market is continuously evolving, the market players are developing various solutions to gain maximum market share and are viewing innovation and expansion as a lucrative path to stay ahead of the competitors.
– October 2019 – Siemens Logistics offers airports and airlines a comprehensive portfolio of innovative software solutions to optimize processes. This includes Service 4.0 for the predictive maintenance of baggage handling systems. The forecasts are generated from collected data, and preventive measures are taken to improve system reliability and avoid unscheduled downtimes.
– September 2019 – Vanderlande will launch the next installment of its scalable solutions (evolutions) – DIRECTSORT – at the Parcel and Post Expo 2019, to be held in The Netherlands. DIRECTSORT is a modular, future-proof and straightforward solution that sorts parcels from the moment they are unloaded from trailers, vans or load carriers – with the aim of optimizing the total cost of ownership (TCO).
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growth in E-commerce Industry
4.2.2 Increasing Labor Costs
4.2.3 Increasing Adoption of Automated Solutions in the Logistics Sector
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Declining Volume of Traditional Mails
4.3.2 High Adoption Costs
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Technology Snapshot
4.6.1 Culler Facer Canceller
4.6.2 Letter Sorter
4.6.3 Flat Sorter
4.6.4 Mail Sorter
4.6.5 Parcel Sorter
4.6.6 Cross Belt Sorter
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Component
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Express Parcel and Courier
5.2.2 Government Postal
5.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Rest of the World
188.8.131.52 Latin America
184.108.40.206 Middle-East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Toshiba Corporation
6.1.2 BEUMER Group
6.1.3 Siemens AG
6.1.4 NEC Philippines, Inc.
6.1.5 SOLYSTIC SAS
6.1.6 Vanderlande Industries
6.1.7 Pitney Bowes Inc.
6.1.8 Zebra Technologies Corp.
6.1.9 Fives Group
6.1.10 Ammeraal Beltech Holding BV
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS