• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月15日
|Single User||￥620,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥693,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,095,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The pressure transmitter & transducer market is expected to register a CAGR of 4.1% over the forecast period from 2021 to 2026. Digitization is playing an increasingly important role across industries where new technological possibilities are being exploited. So far, data collection and advanced control monitoring have been the focus. Currently, a new area of advanced control systems is expanding, bringing new business opportunities. Industry 4.0 is one of the major drivers for the market studied. With the rapid introduction of Industry 4.0 tools and technologies, manufacturers are under pressure to boost their operations’ productivity and profitability.
– Apart from streamlining efficiencies, Industry 4.0 is related to revolutionizing manufacturing-related processes and systems to achieve dramatic improvements in every area. The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is a core driver in helping companies break down communication and collaboration siloes. Pressure transducers are being useful in a variety of industries. Many of these industries handle volatile chemicals or fluids that are under immense pressure. They are used in applications requiring high-resolution and accurate measurement of pressure. So, pressure transducers providing the engineers or operators with values that indicate the real conditions within a container, are therefore of demand. Due to the weak signals that are generated by the pressure transducer, it is exclusively used over relatively short distances, such as inside a test laboratory or some instrumentation.
– The aerospace industry extensively uses pressure transducers in aircraft flight testing processes. The technical specific, regulated aerospace sector globally demands high-quality pressure transducers for such critical applications. Pressure transducers used in an industrial environment such as in chemical, petrochemical, and oil & gas have specific characteristics that ensure they are not compromised within harsher, more demanding areas. They have a rugged enclosure and are often water-resistant as well as resistant to dirt and dust. They are equipped with a wide operating temperature range to ensure accuracy. The amount of space available within the application also needs to be taken into consideration, as this affects the size of the transducer selected.
– Pressure transmitters are extensively used in the process industry. The advertised accuracy specification of modern pressure transmitters has become entirely accurate. In line with the industry requirements, the vendors increase their presence in the pressure transmitter market by rolling out new products. In January 2020, UK-based ESI Technology Ltd introduced the HI6000, which includes a silicon-sapphire sensor, to make accurate measurements at high temperatures. It is designed for applications in aviation, oil & gas, automotive, and general industrial. In October 2019, Danfoss introduced DST P140, which offers MEMS technology and excellent vibration stability and a high degree of EMC/EMI protection. Its extremely robust encapsulation ensures long-term stability against humidity and temperature variations.
– One of the factors challenging market growth is recurring failures associated with pressure transducers and price pressures. Generally, pressure transducers from reputed companies vary only as little as 0.25% from the actual value. However, the wrong arrangement of wiring of the device and mechanical connection can result in a very inaccurate reading. Another factor challenging the market growth is the spread of coronavirus. Due to the closing of international borders to contain the spread of the virus, the supply chain has been affected, which has created a gap between the suppliers and vendors. For locally purchased raw material, the lead times are high due to the high workload caused by the absence of workers from factories, to maintain social distancing. This trend is expected to prevail shortly.
Key Market Trends
Medical is Expected to Hold a Significant Market Share.
– Reliable hemodynamic and cardiovascular data is essential to measure the criticality of the patients. Pressure transducers are used to continuously relay blood pressure information from a pressure monitoring catheter (arterial line, central venous pressure line, or other pressure monitoring products) to the patient’s monitoring system. This is a mission-critical application since a wrong reading can be fatal for the patient. This integration assures a very high degree of robustness and reliability. It also enables ease of use and space-saving that is much needed in Intensive Care Units and Operating Rooms.
– All medical waste must be compulsorily sterilized before it can enter municipal sewage and trash systems. Steam sterilizers, or autoclaves, are widely used for sterilization of medical instruments and the predisposal treatment of medical waste. Pressure transducers are critical to this process. Hospital steam sterilizers used in medical applications require that pressure transducers be compatible with high-pressure steam and biological contaminants. Pressure transducers engage in monitoring the pressure inside the sterilization chamber for regulation of steam quality. With the IoT connected devices riding, the adoption rate of smart pressure transducer will follow the same trend owing to its smart characteristics.
– Anesthesia machines reply to pressure transducers to supply accurate, continuous information on the state of oxygen and nitrous oxide feed pressure. Pressure Transducers are used in Anesthesia Machines for Medical, Health and Safety equipment in the following medical gas applications which includes Oxygen Hospital Supply Line Pressure Monitoring, Oxygen Backup Supply Pressure Monitoring, Nitrous Oxide Hospital Supply Line Pressure Monitoring, Nitrous Oxide Backup Supply Pressure Monitoring, Low Oxygen Pressure Monitoring for Alarm Signalingand Output Gas Mixture Pressure to the Patient Monitoring.
– CODAN offers invasive pressure monitoring systems, enabling healthcare professionals to diagnose existing disease, continuously monitor unstable patients, and control active therapies and their efficacy. Consisting of one or more pressure transducers, these systems are used in intensive care, anesthesia, and urodynamics applications. The same company offers The Xtrans system, a combination of precise and compact disposable pressure transducers and high quality and reusable accessories. One of the significant advantages is the unique interface between pressure transducers and electrical accessories for superior fluid protection and consistent electrical waste reduction.
North America is Expected to Hold a Significant Market Share.
– North America is expected to hold a significant share of the market. The industrial development has been massive in the United States regions. The introduction of Industry 4.0 has to lead to an ecosystem that consists of multiple connected devices. Due to the increased competition in the industrial sector in the United States, special attention is given to achieve high-performance efficiencies to achieve optimization and reduce performance failures. The rising trend in the market is the introduction of a smart product portfolio with digital communication interfaces. This is expected to increase the adoption rates substantially. Other benefits will automatically become available with the inclusion of intelligence in the transmitters such as self-calibration, remote calibration and ranging, and self-diagnostics.
– The US International Arctic Buoy Program, co-managed by the National Ice Center and the Polar Science Center at the University of Washington Applied Physics Laboratory (UW-APL), works with multi-national collaborators and US government agencies to maintain a network of drifting buoys in the Arctic Ocean to provide meteorological and oceanographic data for real-time operational requirements and research purposes including support to the World Weather Watch Programme and the World Climate Research Programme. Information is gathered and used in research, forecasting, satellite validation, assimilation into numerical climate models, and tracking of ice conditions.
– The Mensor CPT6020 Precision Pressure Transducer is used on the UW-APL buoys for the measurement of sea surface height from which dynamic ocean topography can be determined. The CPT6020 is used in a variety of OEM applications where a high accuracy pressure sensing is required. The CPT6020 provides an accurate water height measurement that contributes to other measures that yield real-time information about the arctic environment’s condition. Meteorological and oceanographic institutes, government and non-governmental organizations, research agencies, data centers, and commercial services interested in the Arctic Ocean could extensively benefit from this information.
– In May 2020, OleumTech, a California-based manufacturer of wireless IoT and industrial automation solutions, launched the addition of HGPT Smart Gauge Pressure Transmitters to its portfolio H Series line which include hardwired process instrumentation. The latest OleumTech H Series Smart Pressure Transmitters gives an efficient performance, accuracy, and reliability which useful for several industrial markets, including petrochemical, power, wastewater, and upstream oil & gas. The Smart Pressure Transmitters are offered in both backlit-LCD and non-LCD display models with a wide variety of nominal pressure range options. All models carry the Explosion-Proof rating, while specific models can be ordered with the optional Intrinsically Safe rating.
The pressure transmitter & transducer market is highly competitive and consists of a significant number of players, leading to a quite fragmented market. In terms of market share, no particular player currently dominates the market. The manufacturers are engaging in mergers and acquisitions and product innovations to gain a competitive advantage.
– June 2020 – ABB Ltd agreed to acquire K-TEK Corp., a supplier of magnetic level gauges, magnetostrictive level transmitters and laser level transmitters. K-TEK will merge the Measurement Products business segment within ABB’s Process Automation division. K-TEK offers a wide range of level detection instruments, which includes pressure and temperature switches.
– January 2020 – WIKA USA announced that AWC, Inc has been appointed as the exclusive representative for WIKA’s electrical temperature, flow, and level products in Louisiana, Southern Arkansas, and Western Mississippi. AWC, Inc will continue to promote and inventory WIKA mechanical pressure and temperature products to distribute to their existing and new customers.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview (Covers the impact due to COVID-19)
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increased Emphasis on Industrial Automation
5.1.2 Continued Focus on Optimum Utilization of Resources
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Recurring Failures Associated with Pressure Transducers and Price Pressures
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By End-user Industry
6.1.2 Chemical & Petrochemicals
6.1.3 Aerospace & Defense
6.1.4 Oil & Gas
6.1.5 Other End-user Industries
6.2.1 North America
6.2.3 Asia Pacific
6.2.4 Latin America
6.2.5 Middle East & Africa
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Spectris PLC
7.1.2 Hitec Products, Inc.
7.1.3 LCM Systems Limited
7.1.4 WIKA Instruments, LP
7.1.5 Zemic Group
7.1.6 ABB Ltd
7.1.7 Sensata Technologies, Inc
7.1.8 Emerson Electric Co.
7.1.9 Yokogawa Electric Corporation
7.1.10 Honeywell International Inc.
7.1.11 TE Connectivity Ltd
7.1.12 OleumTech Corporation
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 FUTURE OF THE MARKET