• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月15日
|Single User||￥620,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥693,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,095,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The navigation system market is expected to register a CAGR of 11.3% over the forecast period 2021 – 2026. Owing to the increasing demand for real-time information in a wide variety of applications ranging from the automotive segment to the autonomous robots, there is increasing adoption of navigation systems globally. With the advancement in technology, these systems have transformed and offered multiple services and facilities for navigating, thereby creating a considerable service ecosystem around the navigation technologies.
– Other than determining the location or direction of vehicles, they have many different uses, such as they help to know the weather alerts, to track parcels and shipments, improve the traffic flow, etc. Also, these systems are used in several advanced applications to facilitate smart spaces.
– Various GPS systems find application across mining, aviation, surveying, agriculture, marine, and military. An increase in world trade and marine traffic growth has helped the market grow significantly in the past few years. The concerned government authorities, across the world, have made considerable investments to implement navigation systems across different industry verticals.
– For instance, the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) and Airports Authority of India (AAI0,) in collaboration, implemented the GPS aided geo augmented navigation systems called GAGAN project as a Satellite-Based Augmentation System (SBAS), that is expected to serve several stakeholders operating in the Indian Airspace.
– Reportedly, the recent addition to the Bead constellation is the first BeiDou-3 satellite placed in the high orbit, about 36,000 km above the Earth. Similarly, Japan also has joined the list of countries with homegrown navigational satellite constellations with its QZSS system. The system has just four satellites and operates only in the Asia-Oceania region. The country plans to make QZSS a standalone constellation by adding three more satellites into the current constellation by the end of 2024.
– Systems like GPS and GLONASS (Russia) still use the L1 band, while India’s IRNSS uses the L5 band, with 11 satellites orbiting the country and 1500 km that surround it. While it is expected that there will still be some time before the technology arrives for mobile phone applications, it is anticipated to find an important place in India’s Automotive Industry as VTS with NaVIC. Also, the navigation industry is witnessing several new entrants and government investments into the sector.
– Governments are also increasingly realizing the potential of indigenous satellite systems and investing in these technologies. For instance, China’s satellite navigation system BeiDu is expected to generate USD 298 billion services market by 2020. It has also planned to launch 300 satellites to rival GPS with its BDS.
Key Market Trends
Applications in Defense is Boosting the Market Growth
– One of the significant applications of navigation systems is the defense industry. Navigation systems provide users with the ability to detect, locate, and characterize interference sources. Military forces use satellite navigation for ground navigation, aerial monitoring, and maritime navigation.
– Navigation helps military missions obtain an accurate positioning of their units, the enemy’s forces positions, and the locations of the enemy’s facilities or installations. Accuracy, reliability, and precision in positioning, along with timely measurements, are factors driving the growth of market adoption in the defense sector.
– Many companies are providing a wide range of products to cater to the needs of various end-users. For instance, Safran offers a complete range of inertial navigations systems that equip over 50 types of land platforms throughout the world. The Geonyx, inertial navigation, and pointing system are offering extreme shock resistance. The Geonyx is the most compact, robust, and reliable land inertial navigation and pointing system in the market.
– Owing to the increasing security concerns by the government of various countries, a navigation system has become an indispensable part of the defense sector. For instance, Britain is moving towards launching its satellite navigation system. The Conservative government of London recently announced that it has set aside GBP 92 million to undertake a feasibility test for designing and developing an alternative to the Galileo Satellite System.
– Britain took the step in response to the European Union’s move to remove Britain from the Galileo constellation following Brexit. According to a recent update in June 2019, China is building one of the most advanced naval warships for Pakistan as part of a major bilateral arms deal. It will be equipped with advanced detection and weapon systems, and it will be capable of anti-ship, anti-submarine, and air-defense operations.
North America Expected to Hold Significant Share
– The North America region holds the majority share in the global navigation system market. The primary reason for North America to be the market leader can be the early adoption of technology in the region and immense investment into advanced navigation systems. Also, increased spending on various automation technologies and building a smart infrastructure all through the region is further expected to boost market growth.
– The increasing penetration of cellular network infrastructure and the integration of technologies for applications, such as Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL), tracking systems, and others, are the key factors driving the market. However, factors such as high cost, lack of awareness towards GNSS technology, and signal connectivity hinders the growth of the market.
– The region also has major regulatory bodies regulating the functioning of the navigation systems, across different applications in the region. As of 2019, the United States’ Global Positioning System (GPS) is composed of 24 satellites, according to the Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS), USA. The system provides critical competencies to the military, civil, and commercial users worldwide and is freely available to anyone with a GPS receiver.
– The navigation system is mostly used in the defense sector. Tracking and positioning is the primary application area of a navigation system, which is used mainly in the defense industry. The majority of the defense industry’s spending comes from the North America region, with the United States contributing the most.
– In January 2020, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in the United States announced a GPS Interference Testing program to carry out for a week to enhance systems against attacks.
– The United States is the largest spender on national defense compared to countries like China, Saudi Arabia, India, France, Russia, the United Kingdom, and Germany, etc. Defense spending accounts for 15% of all federal spending and roughly half of the discretionary spending.
The competitive rivalry among the navigation systems market is high owing to the presence of some key players like Garmin Ltd, Honeywell International Inc., Collins Aerospace Inc., Safran Electronics & Defense Inc., and many more. Due to their ability to continually innovate their products by significant investments in research and development activities have helped them to achieve competitive advantage over other players. Some of the key developments in the market are:
– In February 2020 – L3Harris Technologies, which is collaboratively working with US Air Force for its experimental navigation satellite, announced for passing the preliminary design review, and the satellite is planned to be launched in 2022.
– In February 2020 – Aeron, which is an aerospace and defense technology provider based in India, developed an advanced navigation system for combat aircraft. The system is based on high accuracy fiber-optic Gyro inertial navigation system. The company mentioned that advanced technology reduced the cost of existing imported technology with enhanced repair and maintenance for the entire life cycle.
– In January 2020 – Honeywell and Lockheed Martin announced a partnership for developing and production of NASA’s Orion spacecraft fleet for the upcoming Artemis missions. With this collaboration, Honeywell has mentioned for providing support for the development and production of essential guidance and navigation systems, command data handling, and display and control products.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Technology Snapshot
4.4 Analyst’s Perspective – The Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.2 Market Restraints
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Application
6.1.5 Other Applications
6.2 By Type
6.2.1 Satellite Navigation Systems
6.2.2 Surgical Navigation Systems
6.2.3 Inertial Navigation Systems
6.2.4 Oher Types
6.3.1 North America
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East & Africa
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Garmin Ltd
7.1.2 Honeywell International Inc.
7.1.3 Collins Aerospace Inc.
7.1.4 Safran Electronics & Defense Inc.
7.1.5 KVH Industries Inc.
7.1.6 Raytheon Company Ltd
7.1.7 SBG Systems SAS
7.1.8 Advanced Navigation Inc.
7.1.9 Trimble Navigation Ltd
7.1.10 Lord Sensing Systems Inc.
7.1.11 L3Harris Technologies Inc.
7.1.12 Northrop Grumman Corporation
7.1.13 Esterline Technologies Corporation
7.1.14 Moog Inc.
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 FUTURE OF THE MARKET