• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月10日
|Single User||￥620,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥693,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,095,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
Massive Machine Type Communication market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 7.5% over the forecast period 2021-2026. Machine type communication (MTC) is a fundamental technology to realize the concept of a fully connected world in fifth-generation (5G) Internet of Things (IoT). The massive roll-out of the MTC devices is a serious challenge for cellular networks from an operational and management perspective, including massive access and network congestion. Machine to machine communication (M2M) is an essential building block of IoT and is termed as machine type communication (MTC) by third-generation partnership project (3GPP), enabling objects to talk to each other through any of the communication network (wired or wireless). MTC’s are connected with each other to form the MTC network to facilitate intelligent consumption of commodities such as water management, smart metering, environment, structure and asset monitoring, on-body sensors, remote diagnostics, smart agriculture, and surveillance systems.
– Future 5G networks will be based on the heterogeneity of devices, technologies, and architectures including IoT, UAVs, cloud and edge computing, and the like. There would be a massive roll-out of IoT/MTCDs; the simultaneous and unpredictable access of these devices will cause congestion and overload in 5G and beyond networks.
– Data aggregation is seen as a promising technique to reduce the number of simultaneous access at a single point by distributing it across multiple locations, geographically. However, privacy and security are deemed as one of the main challenges faced by data aggregation.
– Also, the proliferation of MTC devices (MTCDs) propels serious challenges to the current cellular networks due to its huge number, particularly in ultra-dense scenarios like stadiums, concerts, hotspots, and flash crowds.
Key Market Trends
Energy Holds a Dominant Position in the Massive Machine Type Communication Market
– By the end of this decade, there would be 235 million tons of carbon emission annually and the electric energy consumption is expected to be 414TWh. A significant portion of global carbon emission is from the information and communication technology. For environmental protection, green communication is necessary to achieve energy efficiency in wireless networks.
– It is one of the challenges of 5G networks to improve the energy efficiency of battery-constrained devices and should adopt techniques for environmental protection. Energy harvesting is a technique to enable the devices to power their services through energy harvested from renewable energy sources like wind and sun. Energy harvesting and green communication are essential not only for the MTCDs but also for BSs and aggregating devices like smartphones, drones and the like.
– There are several natural sources for energy harvesting, however, it is required to efficiently harvest the energy from these sources. Electromagnetic radiation, vibration, temperature, sunlight, wind, motion differences, RF and the like can be used as energy sources to harvest energy into UAVs and wireless devices (smartphones and MTCDs).
North America Holds a Dominant Position in the Massive Machine Type Communication Market
– The Massive Machine Type Communicationgrowth in North America is driven majorly by the high demand for faster connectivity, and better internet experience. Some of the most significant investments in deploying Massive Machine Type Communicationgrowth network infrastructure are materializing in the U.S. For instance, according to some analysis, mobile operators based in the U.S. invested around USD 260 billion in mobile network infrastructure rollout between 2010 and 2017.
– The aggressive investments in the U.S. in building smart homes, establishing smart industries, and rolling out smart city projects are expected to contribute to the growth of the North American regional market over the forecast period. Moreover, the rapidly rising demand for smartphones supporting higher data speeds has resulted in the sound production of 5G-enabled Massive Machine Type Communication Market.
The Massive Machine Type Communication Market is moderately competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. The market is moderately fragmented, which is increasing the intensity of the market competition. As a result, it has become difficult for companies to survive in the market due to huge capital investment.
– January 2020 – Maxis and Huawei Technologies Malaysia (Huawei) geared up for frontier in 5G innovation and development by collaborating on a 5G TechCity in Malaysia. Through the collaboration, both companies will work together to deliver 4G and 5G capacity solutions for an unmatched personalized experience, innovation in 5G network design, deployment, and operating efficiencies, as well as the setup of a 5G Innovation Lab to develop and bring new 5G use cases for various industries to commercialization when the new 5G spectrum is made available.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Augmented Demand for A Better Connectivity Experience
4.2.2 Necessity for Fast Internet Connectivity
4.2.3 Requirement of 5G in IoT
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Technology Limitations to Support Constant High-Speed Connections
4.3.2 Large Investment Involved in Developing 5G Infrastructure
4.4 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Communication Channel Type
5.2 By End-user Industry
5.2.2 Transporation & Logistics
5.2.5 Others End-users (Agriculture, Industrial)
5.3.1 North America
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
5.3.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
6.1.2 Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
6.1.3 Nokia Corporation
6.1.4 Cisco Systems, Inc.
6.1.5 Panasonic Corporation
6.1.6 Intel Corporation
6.1.7 Qualcomm Incorporated
6.1.8 Telecom Italia
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS