• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年1月
|Single User||￥586,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥655,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,035,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The Smart Home Security Market is expected to register a CAGR of 17.27% during the forecast period of 2021 – 2026. With the increasing adoption of smart home devices, including security devices, the penetration of data leak tends to increase significantly using ransomware, and phishing to trick consumers into exposing personally identifiable information. In 2019, over 3,000 Ring camera customers’ personal data was leaked. Customers will continue to expect privacy to be the top priority for home security solutions. New privacy and security features shall continue to grow, including cloud storage for video cameras and encrypted networks to securely manage the security system’s data to avoid hacking and data leaks.
– The integration of drones with personal security features is driving the market. Security drones for home surveillance and monitor have been all the rage recently, with many companies including BrdsEye, Airborne Drones, DJI, and Secom launching their security surveillance drones into the market. The drones fly at an altitude of approx 20 feet and can capture vital identification information of an assailant. Their control devices have a built-in biometric scanning system to prevent an assailant from operating or stealing the device and can be controlled using radio controllers or through Android phones with a USB port.
– For instance, in January 2020, a new system from Sunflower Labs offers the autonomous drone which oversees the home through ground-based units called Sunflowers, which look like garden lights and use motion and vibration sensors to detect movement in the yard. They can detect and differentiate the movements of people, animals, and cars and display this information on a map in real-time.
– Further, the adoption of DIY (Do It Yourself) home security systems for cost-effective solutions is driving the market. DIY home security systems comprise motion and entry sensors, a loud siren, and others, which provides a cost-effective solution compared to professional monitoring services which deal with contracts. According to Safewise, the average monitoring price is USD 50.28 per month on professionally installed systems and USD 27.26 a month on DIY security systems, which significantly brings up to savings.
– Further, the user has an option to connect with more sensors with a suitable condition of the home. The most preferred DIY security system is the Abode Essentials Starter Kit, which is also compatible with Apple’s smart home platform starting price of USD 280, providing low-cost smart security bundles. It includes one Gateway, one mini Door/Window Sensor, one Remote KeyFob, and one Motion Sensor providing the user can add more sensors to it.
– The impact of Covid-19 has affected the market growth. Professional monitoring solutions and Do-It-Yourself (DIY) solutions both are highly impacted as there is a drop-down in demand for smart security devices due to work from the home culture in various countries. Also, with the pause of e-commerce sales such as in Amazon, the drop in sales has significantly slowed down, further highly affecting the DIY solutions market. Moreover, in India, housing sales across the top seven property markets in India is likely to witness a 25-35% year-on-year drop in 2020 through pandemic, source according to ANAROCK Property. This potentially drops the market for the demand of smart home security solutions, further helplessly holding the piles of inventory by the players.
– Also, some players are initiating a step to support the customers. In April 2020, Swann announced in committing the next focus of its Community Engagement Program to help as many people and businesses as possibly affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic through the launch of its “Home, Safe Home” initiative. The company will donate security equipment to home users wanting to know their premises are safe and guard against delivery fraud or porch piracy.
Key Market Trends
Video Doorbell to Witness Significant Growth
– According to the ipropertymanagement.com, the smart home market is anticipated to reach a value of more than USD 53 billion by 2022. With increasing growth, the adoption of video doorbell significantly increases the market for smart camera and monitoring system. The video door camera is allowed to see and identify the person at the doorstep. Wireless doorbell cameras leave footage as vital proof that theft, burglary, or any other crime occurred.
– All smart video doorbell cameras have the ability to send the alerts when they sense motion and send a live video feed to the smartphone, tablet, or computer at all times along with new trend with integrating through platforms like Amazon’s Alexa, allowing to arm or disarm the camera with just user’s voice.
– Eufy announced a new battery-operated Eufy Video Doorbell for early 2020 that will sell along with the current, wire-powered Eufy Security Video Doorbell. Both new Eufy home security devices are compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant smart home platforms. The EufyCam 2 also works with Apple’s HomeKit.
– Further, the smart HD video doorbell has an exceptional field of view and two-way communication, providing motion detection with sensitivity control preventing false alarm detections. Recently in October 2019, Lifeshield introduced Lifeshield’s new HD Video Doorbell, where the camera has equipped with 1080p HD video resolution and a 170-degree field of view (FOV) which can tap into night vision (up to 10 to 20 feet depending on the environment). There is also a microphone and speaker with echo cancellation, ideal for having a two-way conversation when someone rings the doorbell.
– Furthermore, new players’ entrance is significantly increasing the market growth. In October 2019, Arlo entered the smart video doorbell offerings where it features motion detection and alerts, a 180-degree viewing angle, HD resolution with HDR, night vision, two-way audio, and works with a smartphone or Alexa devices.
– Also, with an expected selling unit of video doorbell in the United States during the forecast period, players are also focused on providing more innovative solutions to it. In January 2020, Hampton Products announced to expand its Array By Hampton product lineup with the addition of connected video doorbells and garage door openers in the United States. It connects to a home or apartment’s Wi-Fi enabling users to see, hears, and speak to visitors through the all-in-one Array app. Technology developed for the Array By Hampton two-way communications system reduces the video latency found in some competitive products and also offers clear two-way audio.
North America Accounts for Significant Market Share
– North America is accounted for to hold significant market share. According to the statistics from the National Council for Home Safety and Security, currently, 47% of millennials in the United States own smart devices, while 70% of those who already have one smart product is considering purchasing another. As security issue is a prime concern in the home, the demand for security devices is expected to be high from the above stats.
– The surveillance system is an essential part of any modern automated home which introduces intelligent analysis of person activity to enhance the security system at home. In December 2019, Amazon sold almost 400,000 Ring security devices in the United States, which included video doorbell and security cams, which significantly supports the market growth.
– Further, smart home technology can detect lock picking or tampering attempts and automatically freeze the deadbolt into a locked position in response. The new technology called Shepherd Lock is an add-on that converts the existing lock-set into the touch-activated device, which allows homeowners to keep their existing lockset and keys.
– In December 2019, PassiveBolt won a CES 2020 Innovation Award in the Smart Home category for its Shepherd Lock, a touch-enabled smart lock with enhanced security through sensors and Artificial Intelligence. It is the first and only product that uses a patent-pending combination of sensors and AI to monitor the lock 24/7 actively.
– Moreover, players focus on expanding the solution through acquisitions, which significantly raises the market growth. Telus Corp. (a Canadian firm) has expanded its security business by buying the local operations of ADT Inc. for about CAD 700 million in October 2019. Telus said the acquisition is focused on providing SmartHome Security, supporting a strategy of using its PureFibre networks to enhance the connected home.
– Furthermore, players from various parts of the world are taking initiatives in expanding their global footprint to the North America region. For instance, in July 2019, Avia announced to expand its customer base in the United States with a proposed launch of smart lock in the region.
The Smart Home Security Market is highly fragmented, largely due to the low entry barriers. Further strategic partnerships and innovations are the driving force for the industry, and the market is evolving at a faster pace both in terms of technology and features. Key players are ADT Inc. and Honeywell International Inc. Recent developments in the market are –
– November 2019 – Arlo Technologies Inc. announced that it has entered into definitive agreements with Verisure creating a strategic partnership that leverages both companies’ capabilities for incremental scale to address the ever-growing demand for residential and commercial security. The companies will combine Arlo’s innovative connected cameras and cloud services platform with Verisure’s professionally monitored security solutions to provide a new level of smart security for European customers.
– November 2019 — Vacos announced its first Vacos Cam AI wire-free security camera and introduces this brand-new smart solution worldwide by launching crowdfunding campaigns on Indiegogo. Vacos Cam is designed, which provides installation freedom so that users can install this rechargeable battery-powered security camera just anywhere without any limitation. Vacos team adds the most advanced AI technology to this security camera, providing much more accurate alerts than any other security camera.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Integration of Drones with Personal Security Features
4.2.2 High Adoption of DIY (Do It Yourself) Home Security Systems for Cost Effective Solutions
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Impact of COVID-19 Challenges the Market Growth
4.3.2 Security Systems Are Poor At Burglary Prevention
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Communication Module
5.1.1 Professional Monitored
5.2 By Device Type
5.2.1 Smart Alarms
5.2.2 Smart Locks and Sensors
5.2.3 Smart Camera and Monitoring System
5.2.4 Other Device Types
5.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
126.96.36.199 Rest of Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
188.8.131.52 United Arab Emirates
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 ADT Inc.
6.1.2 Honeywell International Inc.
6.1.3 Johnson Controls International PLC
6.1.4 Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd
6.1.5 Abode Systems Inc.
6.1.6 Frontpoint Security Solutions LLC
6.1.7 Vivint Smart Home Inc.
6.1.8 Simplisafe Inc.
6.1.9 CPI Security Systems Inc.
6.1.10 Ring Inc.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS