• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年1月
The Stand- Up Pouch market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.26% over the forecast period 2021-2026. The growing demand for packaged food and the cost-effectiveness of flexible packaging solutions is expected to drive the demand for pouches.
– When compared with other types of packaging options, stand up pouches are more cost-effective. Emerson packaging has mentioned that the Rigid packaging costs three to six times more per unit than stand up pouches and, printed folding cartons cost around twice as much as stand up pouches. Also, Printing packaging design on pouches is inexpensive and is a lot more economical to transport.
– The standup Pouches are more functional and versatile and, features like windows and re-sealable zip-lock allow the customer to view the product and use the product in the original packaging for a longer duration. Stand up pouches are widely used to increase the appeal of the product.
– According to a recent study published by the Flexible Packaging Association, rigid PET containers have a fossil fuel usage that is 504% greater than that of the flexible stand-up pouch with zipper, and the weight of the package is six times heavier.
Key Market Trends
Food & Beverage Segment is Expected to Drive Growth of this Market
– Lifestyle changes and the easy access to information health and nutrition are increasing the demand for indulgent yet healthy foods, convenience foods, single-serve options. These rapid changes in the food and beverage landscape are creating demand for convenient packaging options like Stand-Up Pouches.
– Moreover, many consumers now consider stand-up pouches as a signifier of quality, making them a necessity for vendors to communicate premiumization through this form of packaging. Additionally, Stand-Up pouches help protect foods by keeping outside elements like moisture, light, air, and bacteria away.
– Furthermore, the market has seen considerable innovation in the standup pouches used in the food packaging industry. In May 2019, Chamber Pouch Inc. launched a new, unique, patented, dual-chamber Stand up pouch. Similarly, in November 2019, Bear Naked granola in partnership with Dow’s Pack Studios created recyclable pouches for their products.
Asia – Pacific is Expected to be the Fastest Growing Market for Stand-Up Pouches
– The rise of food processing, increasing health care expenditures and, expansion of retail in the Asia-pacific region is expected to drive the demand for Stand Up Pouches in the region.
– According to the Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Government of India in the last five years ending 2017-18, food Processing sector has grown at an Average Annual Growth Rate of 8.41%. The Gross Value Added by this sector to the economy in 2018 was INR 121 Trillion.
– Southeast – Asia as a Market is receptive to stand-up pouch solutions with products like coffee, tea, sauces and liquid detergents being packed in this format in the region. This has led to players like Mespack, a subsidiary of Duravant, to focus on this segment of their portfolio in the region.
– Moreover, this region is experiencing a higher rate of urbanization. In 2018, major economies like India and China experienced an urban population growth of 2.31% and 2.49% respectively, according to data from the World Bank. Rapid Urbanization and rising per capita income are expected to drive the demand for stand-Up Pouches in the Asia-pacific region.
The market is consolidated with a few major players exercising control over the majority of the market share. The market is expected to further consolidate with the persisting technology gaps to meet complex customer demands in high-performance applications expected to provide further opportunities for innovative and well-organized companies. Some of the recent developments of the market are as follows:-
– June 2019 – Smurfit Kappa introduced a new portfolio line-up called Pouch-Up portfolio, with the new pouch available as a 1.5L unit. The new line up has a significant weight reduction and the space-saving format of the pouch making it cost-effective for the retailers as well.
– June 2019 – PPC Flexible Packaging LLC, a leading provider of custom flexible packaging for specialty food, announced the acquisition of HFM Packaging Ltd. HFM Packaging Ltd. HFM is known for state-of-the-art re-sealable pouching technology and specialized engineering assistance using turnkey packaging solutions.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Dynamics
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Rising Demand for Packaged Food and Beverage
4.3.2 Use of Lower Amount of Material Making Stand-Up Pouches Cost-Effective and Sustainable
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Filling Mchinery Changes for Producing Stand-Up Pouches Make Transitions Difficult to Implement
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Material
5.1.1 PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate)
5.1.2 PE (Polyethylene)
5.1.3 PP (Polypropylene)
5.1.4 EVOH (Ethylene-vinyl Alcohol)
5.1.5 Other Material
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Food & Beverage
5.2.2 Home Care
5.2.3 Health Care
5.2.4 Pet Care
5.3.1 North America
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
5.3.4 Middle East and Africa
5.3.5 Latin America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Amcor plc
6.1.2 Mondi plc
6.1.3 Sealed Air Corporation
6.1.4 Sonoco Products Company
6.1.5 Smurfit Kappa Group plc
6.1.6 ProAmpac LLC
6.1.7 Swiss PAC USA
6.1.8 Winpak Ltd.
6.1.9 Clondalkin Group, Inc.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS