• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月20日
|Single User||￥586,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥655,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,035,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The Security and Vulnerability Management Market was valued at USD 6.61 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 11.72 billion by 2026, and grow at a CAGR of 10% over the forecast period (2021 – 2026). Organizations in all industries face the challenge of defending against a continuous information security breach. Security professionals are expected to stay ahead of the risks and leverage technologies, policies, and procedures to guard against incoming attacks and protect sensitive data; Thus, driving market growth.
– Also, as organizations accelerate their digital transformation initiatives, they need to make changes to their core business applications quickly and without compromising security across on-premise, SDN, and cloud environments. This means IT and security teams must have overall visibility and granular control over their entire network infrastructure to manage this process.
– According to the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) and McAfee, cybercrimes, which include damage and destruction of data, stolen money, lost property, intellectual property theft, and other areas, currently cost the world almost USD 600 billion each year, or 0.8% of global GDP. Such factors are expected to increase the growth of security and vulnerability management software and services.
– With the advent of mobile devices and high-speed internet, the BYOD trend is increasingly becoming popular in workplaces. For example, according to Dell, about 60% of employees use a smartphone for work. Such trends are further increasing the market growth for user authentication.
– With the increase in the number of devices connected to the internet, the cyber world is expected to rise in the occurrence and emergence of new threats and attacks. The attacks of WannaCry and Petya, which affected over 150 countries across the world, have further revealed the vulnerability of devices as endpoints.
– According to Digital Defense, through 2020, 99% of vulnerabilities exploited will continue to be ones known to security and IT professionals for at least one year. This data indicates that organizations of all sizes and types are not doing nearly enough with regard to vulnerability management. This is majorly due to lack of awareness.
– As a result of the growing number of zero-day exploits and other vulnerabilities, an expanding number of companies are rolling out new solutions in the market. For instance, in April 2020, AlgoSec released the version A30.10 update of its core Network Security Management Suite. It enables seamless, zero-touch security management across SDN, cloud, and on-premise networks. This gives enterprises the most comprehensive visibility and control over security across their entire hybrid environment.
– Due to the spread of COVID-19 pandemic, organizations of various sizes have taken initiatives to quickly set up remote working systems to enable employees to work from their homes to protect themselves from being infected. This means setting up remote connectivity systems and security apparatuses such as VPN – Virtual Private Networks – Citrix Virtual Desktops servers, Remote Desktop connections, file sharing, FTP servers, and several more. This presents some challenges as well as opportunities for the vendors.
Key Market Trends
BFSI Segment is Expected to Hold the Major Market Share
– The BFSI sector is faced with several data breaches and cyber-attacks, owing to the large customer base that the industry serves. Data breaches result in increased corrective measures costs and loss of valuable customer information. For instance, in the recent past, Taiwan’s Far Eastern International Bank incurred a loss of around 60 million by malware.
– To secure IT processes and systems, secure customer critical data, and comply with government regulations, private and public banking institutes are focused on implementing the latest technology to prevent cyber-attacks.
– With the growing technological penetration, coupled with digital channels, such as internet banking, mobile banking, and the preferred choice of customers for banking services, there is a greater need for banks to leverage advanced authentication and access control processes.
– For instance, in May 2019, Singapore’s Central Bank made it compulsory for financial institutions to strengthen their cybersecurity with several measures, including securing accounts using password managers and installing anti-virus and security scanning software.
– According to RBI, the share of electronic transactions in India’s total volume of retail payments increased to 95.4 % in 2018-19, up from 92.6 % in the previous year. To cope with this sudden huge change, the banks are looking forward to adopt solutions like endpoint security solutions that help them grant their users uninterrupted services.
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Grow at the Fastest Rate
– Asia-Pacific is an emerging market for security and vulnerability management vendors, as cybersecurity attacks and BYOD data breaches are gradually becoming popular in the region. As per ESET Enterprise Survey 2019 Report, almost one in five business organizations in the region experienced more than six security breaches since 2017.
– The increasing cyber-attacks in the region have propelled the players to strengthen its defensive capabilities, which has resulted in cybersecurity gaining interest rapidly from the governments of the countries. According to China’s National Computer Network, Emergency Response Technical Team (CNCERT) reported that in 2018 14,000 servers in the U.S. infected by a Trojan virus or botnet controlled 3.34 million host computers in China thereby representing a nearly 90.8% increase in attacks on a year-over-year basis.
– In the last two years, hacking-related data breaches, such as Singapore Health, Cathay Pacific, and the Australian Parliament, showcased how unprotected privilege credentials can be exploited to gain access to sensitive data. In July 2019, Sephora Asia-Pacific instructed its customers to change their passwords after a data breach was reported in its online stores in the Asia Pacific, including the Philippines.
– The increasing initiatives by the government and the related regulatory bodies to strengthen the security are expected to fuel the adoption of the vendors’ solutions over the forecast period.
– Countries like Australia, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, and Thailand are more inclined to adopt security and vulnerability management solutions, as they have detailed and up-to-date cybersecurity strategies place. These strategies are often backed up by legal and operational frameworks and dedicated agencies that address critical infrastructure protection requirements and emergency response.
– On the other hand, countries like Laos, Myanmar, and Pakistan have general information and communication technology (ICT) master plans covering aspects of cybersecurity. This presents an opportunity for vendors to raise awareness about their products in these countries.
The security and vulnerability management market is moderately competitive and consists of several major players. Players in the market adopt strategies like product innovation, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions to expand their business footprint. Some of the key developments in the market are:
– Nov 2019 – Qualys, Inc. announced its new Vulnerability Management, Detection, and Response (VMDR) app to provide customers with one streamlined workflow to scan, investigate, prioritize, and neutralize threats. VMDR bundles Asset Discovery and Inventory, Vulnerability Assessment including Configuration Controls, Prioritization, Remediation, and Audit as a single app.
– Nov 2019 – IBM Corporation launched the Cloud Pak for Security. The platform includes open-source technology to search and translate security data from various sources and automation capabilities to help speed response to cyber attacks and the ability to run in any environment.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview (Followed by Impact of COVID-19 on the market)
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Introduction to Market Dynamics
5.2 Market Drivers
5.2.1 Increasing Number of Cyber Attacks
5.2.2 Growing Adoption of Cloud Computing by Enterprises
5.3 Market Restraints
5.3.1 Lack of Awareness Toward SVM Solutions
5.3.2 Scalability and Deployment Costs
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Size of the Organization
6.1.1 Small and Medium Enterprises
6.1.2 Large Enterprises
6.2 By End-user Vertical
6.2.1 Aerospace, Defense, and Intelligence
6.2.6 IT and Telecommunication
6.2.7 Other End-user Industries
6.3.1 North America
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East & Africa
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 IBM Corporation
7.1.2 Qualys Inc.
7.1.3 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
7.1.4 Dell EMC
7.1.5 Tripwire Inc.
7.1.6 Broadcom Inc. (Symantec Corporation)
7.1.7 McAfee Inc.
7.1.8 Micro Focus International PLC
7.1.9 Rapid7 Inc.
7.1.10 Fujitsu Limited
7.1.11 Alien Vault Inc.
7.1.12 Skybox Security Inc.
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS