• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月20日
|Single User||￥620,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥693,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,095,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The screenless display market was valued at USD 932.57 million in 2020 and expected to reach a value of USD 5,758.89 million by 2026, at a CAGR of 35.43% during the forecast period (2021 – 2026). Screenless display is the advanced display technology, which replaces the touch screen technology to resolve the problems Screenless display projects the visual information utilizing a ricochet of light such as mirrors, plastic films, and fog. Currently, research is being done to extract information if air can be used to show the data. The introduction of this technology solves the problem for display space, owing to its portability at practically any place provided with enough circumference. The usage of the screenless display is expected to address the glitches associated with security and privacy and mitigate the probability of error, thereby propelling the industry.
– Nowadays, companies are actively using the AR service to boost brand awareness and marketing impacts, catering to future trends. According to Morgan Stanley, the estimated revenue from AR devices and its services are USD 118 billion and USD 68 billion, respectively, in 2020. This AR technique is being used by renowned brands to provide customers with a virtual representation of their products and enhance their purchase process through a holographic display.
– Vendors in the market are focused on leveraging the demand by announcing an improved product line with features including better resolutions and ease of use, among others. For instance, In November 2019, Holoxica Limited launched its 8k Holographic Display intending to provide companies with a way to view 3D assets as holograms, without the need to use VR headsets.
– In July 2019, a visual technology company HYPERVSN built the world’s first 3D holographic display system. A lightweight, easy-to-install combination of hardware and software, the system brings ideas, concepts, and products to fantastical, surprising life. HYPERVSN has been used to create a variety of experiences for companies and events, including a Nike product launch in Seoul, an installation for Louis Vuitton at Selfridges, and a Hennessy event at Roland Garros.
– Further, Virtual reality goggles are shaping the retail industry by providing a rich customer experience through real-time product checks and reviews. It is anticipated to propel the market growth in the retail sector. In May 2020, HP announced the HP Reverb G2 virtual reality headset with high-resolution specs the company hopes would attract new enterprise users and consumers. The company is launching the second-generation VR headset in a partnership with both Microsoft and game company Valve. The headset will debut in the fall of USD 600.
– Companies in the Screenless Display market are taking suggestive steps to tackle the challenges resulting from the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. However, the global shipments of Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) headsets are expected to decline in the first half of 2020 due to supply chain disruptions caused by the COVID-19 outbreak. The worldwide quarterly Augmented and Virtual Reality Headset Tracker, a year-over-year decline of 10.5%, is expected in the first quarter, followed by a 24.1% decline in the second quarter. However, assuming production ramps back up by midyear, it may rebound in the second half of 2020, which may result in total shipments of nearly 7.1 million units for the year, up 23.6% from 2019.
Key Market Trends
Visual Image Expected to Hold a Significant Share
– With the emergence of holographic displays as an efficient alternative for screens and touch screens, visual image screen displays are expected to gain wide popularity over the forecast period. In January 2019, researchers from Duke University developed a new approach to multicolor holography that could be used to make 3D color displays for augmented reality glasses, smartphones, or heads-up displays without any bulky optical components. The waveguide structures created using the new approach could offer easy integration and a form factor small enough for augmented reality and other displays.
– Further, in April 2019, a Korean research team developed its latest ultra-thin display, which could turn smartphones into mobile 3D hologram projectors. The system’s key component is a thin film of titanium filled with tiny holes that precisely correspond with each pixel in an LCD panel. Acting like a ‘photon sieve,’ each pinhole diffracts light emerging from them widely, resulting in a high definition 3D image observable from a wide-angle.
– Also, recently, a team of scientists from RMIT University and the Beijing Institute of Technology have designed the ‘world’s thinnest’ hologram. Furthermore, this hologram is capable of being integrated into everyday products like smartphones.
– Further, VR technology has gained widespread recognition and adoption over the past few years. Recent technological advancements in this field have revealed new enterprises. Numerous players are emerging in this market, hoping to navigate it toward mainstream adoption in the gaming market space. According to NewGenApps, by 2025, the worldwide user base of AR and VR games is expected to grow to 216 million users.
North America to Account for a Major Share
– Globally, North America has the largest concentration of technology firms. The United States is home to several significant technology corporations that hold a considerable share in this market. Major technology giants, such as Google and Microsoft, which occupy a substantial market share in the global market, are based in the United States.
– Additionally, the MIT research wing has been working on many other systems to realize screenless display. Numerous other institutions in this country are also working on screenless display technologies. The University of Washington has brought out retinal projection systems, which could help the visually impaired.
– Furthermore, government regulations in the developed regions of North America are increasingly favoring automotive innovations and technologies that support vehicle and road safety. Recently, the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) announced their latest federal guidance for automated vehicles entitled, “Preparing for the future of transportation: Automated Vehicles 3.0.” (AV 3.0). AV 3.0, reinforced the USDOT commitment for supporting the safe integration of automation into the large transportation system.
– The consumers in this region are always looking to upgrade and adapt to new technologies and devices. Incidentally, many companies choose to launch their products and perform trail deployment in this region.
– Also, the increasing disposable income in the U.S. results in users spending heavily on new gadgets to meet the expected lifestyle requirements. With all these factors influencing the market, the industry is expected to witness a high growth rate in this region.
The screenless market is significantly consolidated and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. Product innovation has been a critical factor in gaining a competitive advantage. It helps to focus the manufacturers on product differentiation and thus accelerate growth.
– February 2020 – A group of researchers at Bosch in Germany developed a new type of Augmented Reality (AR) smart glasses and recently announced the launch of AR smart contact lenses. These AR smart glasses are capable of offering new light drive glasses that beam images directly onto users’ eyeballs with tiny lasers. The glasses are made up of screenless display technology.
– September 2019 – Facebook had launched three new portal devices, with a starting price of USD 129. These new screenless portal devices can attach to a smart television set for viewing an image or other related stuff.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables and Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Market Drivers
4.4 Market Restraints
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Assessment of COVID-19 on the Industry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Visual Image
5.1.3 Synaptic Interface
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Consumer Electronics
5.2.2 Aerospace & Defense
5.2.5 Other End-user Industries
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Alphabet Inc.
6.1.2 Avegant Corporation
6.1.3 Realview Imaging Ltd.
6.1.4 Microsoft Corporation
6.1.5 Magic Leap, Inc.
6.1.6 Synaptics Incorporated
6.1.7 Holoxica Ltd.
6.1.8 Eon Reality Inc.
6.1.9 Leia Inc.
6.1.10 Sony Corporation
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS