• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月20日
The screen print label market is expected to reach a CAGR of 2.12% over the forecast period (2021-2026). One of the growing uses of the screen label process is in the area of product security. Microscopic taggants are blended into coatings and applied via screen printing onto labels and other packaging products. Such taggants, when scanned, deliver proprietary brand information and are aimed at foiling counterfeiters. The usage of product security follows a positive trend in the coming future.
– Abrasion and moisture resistant properties, along with smooth ink coating, drives the market over another printing process. The ink film thickness is so appropriate that this process excels in applications where properties, such as resistance to weather (outdoors), moisture, abrasion, and chemicals, are needed. This property makes a natural fit for beverage labels.
– Additionally, the single greatest advantage that screen printing has over all other production printing processes is in the volume of ink that can be laid onto a substrate. UV letterpress can deposit ink as thick as 2 to 3.5 microns; UV offset is 1.5 to 2.5 microns; gravure is 2 to 5 microns; and UV flexo can lay down from 3 to 8 microns. UV screen, however, has an ink thickness that ranges from 4 to 30 microns and beyond. The thickness of the ink provides screen printed inks with opaque property than in another printing process for labeling.
– Moreover, the adoption of screen-printing silicon ink is driving the market. With new fabric availability in the market, ink suppliers are stepping up to the plate to offer new, enhanced products that enable decorators to make full use of their skills. Silicone inks are highly based on cutting edge silicone polymers for delivering the ultimate stretch and feel on the latest performance fabrics. The inks have been innovatively designed, which brings out the strengths and benefits of silicone chemistry to the textile screen printing operation, and in the future, the trend will focus its more usage of high-density silicone ink for 3D heating press transfer labels in applications other than apparels.
– Expensive solution for printing with many colors challenges the market growth. The alternative to lower the cost is a digital printing solution, which provides a better option when printing with many colors. Moreover, fine text may be difficult to screen print due to the thickness of the ink where digital or flexographic printing is a good option for fine imagery.
Key Market Trends
Fashion and Apparels to Hold Significant Market Share
– With the increasing value of the apparel market worldwide, the demand for screen print label technology is increasing. Label manufacturers are continuously thinking of innovative ideas for clothing labels and novel materials, finishes, and other methods of designing.
– Screen-printed fabric labels for the apparel industry achieve excellent detail on custom complex designs. It is comfort for baby clothes, t-shirts, and lingerie apparel. Firms manufacture printed satin labels using rotary printing and screen printing techniques.
– Printed labels on cotton sheet fabric look and feel like a cotton linen sheet. These are typically used for logos with larger sizes, e.g., 2.75″ x 2.5″. With washing, edges fray to give a vintage appearance. A label with numerous colors and a difficult logo can be achieved with a silkscreen print on organic cotton.
– Additionally, from tariffs to trade deals to coronavirus concerns, there is a concern in the apparel trade. In March 2020, Republic provided USD 750K Non-Recourse Facility to an apparel manufacturer in the California apparel market. The company provides Made in America private label clothing, such as knit shirts and screen printed t-shirts, through its wholesale. This supports all of its cycles for the coming years.
North America is Expected to Hold Significant Market Share
– The screen print label manufacturers in the United States experience most of the demand from the food and beverage and apparel segments. There are various players locally and globally in the region that contribute to the growth of the market through innovations, partnerships, etc.
– For instance, in April 2019, Nazdar Inks launched its 2300 UV/UV-LED Screen Inks. This dual-cure series has been designed for printing on various glass and plastic bottles that are used in the packaging of cosmetics and household chemicals with other similar applications. These inks not only underscore the growing direct to glass trends but also offer energy savings and a smaller environmental footprint compared to its traditional UV curing energy requirements.
– Multi-Color partnered with PepsiCo, to design a label using screen printing for its LIFEWTR brand, a purified water pH balanced with electrolytes evaluated. In the process, both companies identified the tactile coatings and matte finishes best suited to meet the design intent. A 12-color press was used to print the label, to increase its shelf appeal.
– Furthermore, the demand for custom silkscreen printing is increasing. This silkscreen printing process allows printing any graphics, company logos, legends, or labels the customers would like directly onto their finished products. California-based Fabri-Tech offers custom silkscreen printing where their printing capabilities allow for multiple colors, varying fonts, or anything else which customer requires in design. Fabri-Tech use its silkscreen label printing methods on a variety of substrates, such as paper, PET, PC, PMMA, PP, PS, ABS and PU plastics, rubber, and various metals.
The screen print label market is fragmented in nature, as the market is highly competitive and consists of several major players. Furthermore, players are investing in new machinery to gain market share by their unique addition. Key players are Fort Dearborn Company, Mondi PLC, etc. Recent developments in the market are –
– March 2020 – TEA Adhesivos Industriales purchased Screen Truepress Jet L350UV and two machines from Rotocontrol, which are Ecoline RDF-350 digital label converting and Ecoline RSH-440 for booklet inspection purpose. It will help in increasing service to its customers with a system that offers a range of inkjet label applications and quick turnaround. It is complemented with the newly installed Rotocontrol RDF-350 system, which provides fast converting and finishing.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Abrasion and Moisture Resistant Properties, Along with Smooth Ink Coating
4.2.2 Adoption of Screen Printing Silicon Ink
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Expensive Solution for Printing with Many Colors
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Shrink Sleeves Label
5.1.2 Linerless Label
5.1.3 Wet-Glued Label
5.1.4 Other Types
5.2 End User
5.2.1 Fashion and Apparels
5.2.4 Cosmetics and Personal Care
5.2.5 Other End Users
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Fort Dearborn Company
6.1.2 Mondi PLC
6.1.3 Ahlstrom-Munksjo Oyj
6.1.4 Autajon Group
6.1.5 CCL Industries Inc.
6.1.6 Coveris Inc.
6.1.7 Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH
6.1.8 3M Company
6.1.9 Gallus Ferd. Rüesch AG
6.1.10 Labels & Stickers
6.2 Investment Analysis
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS