• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月20日
|Single User||￥603,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥674,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,065,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The reed sensor market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 7.2% from the year (2021 – 2026). Due to technological advancements in the sensor and switch technology, there is a trend towards high miniaturization and highly reliable reed switches are acting as a driver for the reed sensor in various end-user industries.
– Adoption in low power metering applications and capable of working in harsh environments drives the market, in products such as electricity meters, heat meters, etc. For instance, gas and water meters suitable with automatic meter reading systems need sensors that use very little power consumption. Water and gas usage is generally measured by a magnet attached to a rotating shaft where each revolution is converted into an electrical signal and accumulated by an embedded controller. Low power consumption is a critical design parameter in these systems by which reed sensors embedded with reed switch are in demand in these applications.
– The increase in industrial automation and the boom of Industrial 4.0 will lead to the adoption of reed sensor market. According to IFR, till 2022, there will be around 630,000 robots unit shipments globally. New technology and global standards ensure a safe workplace, boost productivity, and reduce environmental impact. Every hydraulic or pneumatic cylinder or actuator involves a reed sensor for end position sensing. Unlike inductive sensors or Hall-effect sensors, these sensors use no power and have good isolation. They have high operating speeds, work with a wide range of voltages of programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and micro-controllers, which enhances productivity.
– Reliability and durability challenges the reed switch which restraints the market for reed sensor. Reed switches have several inherent disadvantages, which includes susceptibility to breakage issues during installation, propensity to shock or vibration applications, lower durability, limited life due to the mechanical nature of the switch, as well as issues due to the contact bounce.
Key Market Trends
Automotive Holds the Significant Share in The Market
– With a rise in the number of light commercial vehicles and increasing accidents at the global level, the demand for safety features is increasing, especially in the mid-level vehicles. With an aim to turn down the number of accidents and enhance consumer’s safety, many nations across the world have introduced safety norms in the automotive industry.
– Reed sensors have been used as a functional passive safety system to alert the driver. Reed sensors for early brake sensing is one of the major and standard usages of automotive reed sensors as mechanisms to alert drivers about possible collision or accident, during the application of brakes.
– Vehicles today, are fabricated with multiple airbags for the driver & passenger side and the sides of the window, to secure the passenger and drivers knees and even some time to pedestrians. During the unfortunate circumstance of a collision, the crash sensor activates the airbags but this needs to be done only where the driver and passengers are seated, and not everywhere. This is possible with reed switch-based sensors that can detect where passengers are being seated.
– The sensor also prevents the unknown fire hazard from the engine. Thermal reed sensors mounted on the engine block to sense high temperatures gives an indication on the instrument panel. These sensors are capable of switching loads as high as 60W when used inside a radiator and can directly be wired to the radiator fan. When the temperature reaches a high, the fan is turned on and when it gets 10°C less, the thermal reed sensor cuts off supply to the fan.
– Due to its various applications in automobiles such as in light commercial vehicles which helps in preventing hazardous accidents, the demand for reed sensors will grow further with increasing production of vehicles.
Asia-Pacific Account for Significant Market Growth
– Asia-Pacific is attributed to the established electronics and automotive industries in Taiwan and China respectively. Shanghai and Beijing are the major regions for the manufacturing of automobiles, communication equipment, and electronics in China, augmenting the market growth for reed sensors.
– In South Korea, the growing market for smart home devices is further contributing to industry growth. The two companies already deployed this new smart home system at some 2,000 apartment units at Hill state apartment clusters in Mok-dong of Seoul as well as Pyeongtaek and Songdam in Gyeonggi Province. High demand for remote home monitoring systems is creating opportunities for the market as many manufacturers are expanding their smart home product portfolios in this country.
– The regional government of India is a major factor in the development of the regional robotics. For instance, India plans to invest in military robotics, and by 2023, the country is preparing to deploy advanced robotic soldiers. Also, a New Delhi-based company is building robots for the Indian Army. As reed sensors are used for various applications such as robotic arm movement (pick and place), visual indication (alarm), etc, by which the demand for reed sensors will increase in the future.
The reed sensor market is moderate as some players hold the market share and various local players are manufacturing this product. The market may hold a high competitive rivalry with more new players and local players. Key players are Littlefuse, Standex Electronics, PIC GmbH, etc. Recent developments in the market are –
– Apr 2018 – Standex Electronics, a global electronics component manufacturer exhibited its wide range of standard and custom, value-add sensor product offerings at the upcoming Sensors Expo and Conference located at the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, California from June 25-27th, 2019. Standex Electronics showcased its extensive range of reed, conductivity, capacitive, and hall effect level sensing capabilities and announced to manufacture more advanced technology-related products under the reed switch/sensor segment in the future.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Adoption in Low Power Metering Applications
4.3.2 Increase in Industrial Automation and Boom of Industrial 4.0
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Challenges in Reliability and Durability for Reed Switches
4.5 Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Application
5.1.2 Consumer Electronics
5.1.4 Safety & Security Systems
5.1.6 Other Applications
5.2.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.2.4 Rest of the World
188.8.131.52 Latin America
184.108.40.206 Middle-East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Littelfuse, Inc.
6.1.2 Standex Electronics, Inc. (Standex International Corporation)
6.1.3 PIC GmbH
6.1.4 Aleph America Corporation
6.1.5 STG Germany GmbH
6.1.6 Coto Technology
6.1.7 Reed Switch Developments Corp.
6.1.8 ZF Group
6.1.9 Reed Relays and Electronics India Limited
6.1.10 WIKA Instruments India Pvt. Ltd.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS