• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月15日
|Single User||￥603,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥674,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,065,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The radar level transmitter market was valued at USD 454.74 million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 643.24 million by 2026, at a CAGR of 6.7% over the forecast period 2021 – 2026. Level measurement technology is widely used across many sectors such as construction, industrial, wastewater, manufacturing, oil and gas, among others. Radar level measurement is based on calculating the time required for completion of the trip between the transducer and the sensed material level.
– The performance of radar level transmitters has improved over the last few years, but their costs haven’t increased at a similar rate. They have become more affordable compared to several other level measurement technologies. However, the product’s economic benefit isn’t limited to return on investment (ROI) also. As the expertise required to set up newer level technologies has decreased, installation and operations costs have even gone down significantly.
– For both non-contacting or contacting radar, significant improvements in digital signal processing and radar component design have allowed them to handle a broader range of applications even as the price has dropped. In the case of some radar level transmitters, the operating frequency has moved to the W band. Within this frequency spectrum, instruments operating from 78 GHz to over 80 GHz are now more popular than other variants.
– To an end-user, the focus should not be the operating frequency because some level applications are better-suited for lower operating frequencies. Moreover, the higher frequency provides unprecedented flexibility in terms of installation. Thus, the need to retrofit the process connections where instruments are installed has decreased. Another benefit of higher frequency is the instrument signal is much narrower than the signal from instruments operating in the C band.
– Along with all the end-user industries, food and beverage are expected to be the fastest-growing in the coming years due to the increasing shift of consumers purchasing behavior towards essentials, caused by the spread of COVID-19. Keeping this in mind, the government is also introducing various initiatives to encourage modernization in the food and beverage industry.
– For instance, in July 2020, FDA rolled out a new initiative that aims to leverage technology and digital tools to improve traceability, reduce foodborne illnesses, and help companies maintain an influential food safety culture in the US food industry. The New Era of Smarter Food Safety Blueprint initiative focuses on four core elements — Tech enhanced traceability, smarter tools and approaches for prevention and outbreak response, new business models and retail modernization, and food safety culture.
– Moreover, coronavirus’s impact has not been the same on the vendors since some of them offer and service radar-level transmitters only for the food sector. In contrast, others provide only for the oil & gas sector. Nowadays, vendors who cater to food processing are most profitable since the manufacturing of food-related items has been deemed under essential services, and those facilities have been working extra hours to fulfill the demand. However, from the supply side, the vendors face issues procuring the components due to disruption in supply chain
Key Market Trends
Contact System (Guided Wave Radar) Technology to Hold Maximum Market Share
– Radar transmitter can have a hard time in applications with different dielectric constants that cause electric reflectivity. If there is a material with low conductivity like propane or LNG, signals can bounce back weak. This is where GWR can help because it focuses energy down a rod, which shows changes in the dielectric constant, and allows readings that couldn’t be seen before.
– The significant increase in signal strength and efficiency allows GWR to be used in boiler-level applications. Newer GWR designs have sensors, microprocessors and mounting innovations that enable them to get even closer to the process they’re measuring. While high-temperature applications used to rely on pressure devices to indicate level, gradual improvement in radar and GWR are allowing them to also ser ve in these environments.
– For instance, in case of power and steam generation which undergo fast starts and cycling operations, dynamics in the steam drum rapidly change causing inaccuracies in traditional level measurement techniques that rely on pressure.This inaccuracy may lead to carryover which can cause coating of critical boiler components and turbine blades, or it may waste energy due to excessive blowdowns. To ensure accurate level measurement in the steam drum during all operations, users have moved towards GWR level transmitters to directly measure the level as this technology is not affected by changes in process media characteristics.
– Companies are working towards product innovations, which is helping to overcome this challenge. For instance, Mangetrol International Inc has developed an innovative probe design that includes new Condensation Control Technology (CCT) coupled with its original patented Automatic Steam Compensation (ASC). Th e new steam probe with CCT eliminates inaccuracies caused by condensation so that optimal performance can be achieved.
North America Occupies the Largest market Share
– North America is one of the largest markets for radar level transmitter. Immense demand from various industries, including oil and gas, electricity, food, and chemicals in both the United States and Canada and rapid industrial automation in the region is expected to contribute to the demand for these kinds of level transmitters.
– The United States plays a crucial role in increasing the demand from the region when compared to Canada. The country has an increasing demand from almost all the end-user segments, especially from the oil and gas and refining.
– Major industries in the country, such as oil and gas, renewable energy, and water and wastewater treatment, are moving towards radar level transmitters with embedded processors and networking capability to work alongside sophisticated monitoring technology coordinated through a central control station.
– The expanding availability of natural gas is expected to result in the construction of several new combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) plants. The Department of the Interior (DoI) of the United States estimates that this program could discover approximately 98% of the technically recoverable oil and gas resources in federal offshore areas to be available for exploration and development by 2020.
The global radar level transmitter market is moderately fragmented and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of these market players currently dominate the market. The companies operating in the market are leveraging strategic collaborative initiatives to offer specialized products, increase their market share, and increase their profitability. The companies operating in the market are also into mergers and acquisitions of start-ups that help in improving the served market portfolio on radar level transmitters to strengthen their product capabilities, thus offering lucrative expansion opportunities. Some of the recent developments in the market are:
– In January 2020 – Krohne introduced Optiwave 6500C level transmitter, which delivers continuous high measurement in silos, hoppers, and containers. The radar offers several advanced technological features, including an 80 GHz (FMCW) bandwidth radar and a 70mm lens antenna, making it ideal for environments with low- reflective media.
– In Sep 2019 – KROHNE and SAMSON introduced the joint venture FOCUS-ON in Frankfurt am Main, dedicated to developing, producing, and marketing autonomous actuators for the process industry 4.0. Coinciding with the partnership’s announcement, the company also unveiled an innovation that unites valve and measuring technology with unique diagnostics and control functions in one device, marking the world’s first intelligent process node developed explicitly for the process industries.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview (Includes COVID-19 Impact on the market)
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rising Demand for Radar Level Transmitters in Water & Wastewater Industry
5.1.2 High Reliability, Precision, and Stability Offered by Radar Level Transmitters
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 High Cost Associated with Radar Level Transmitters
5.2.2 Varying Market Trends Observed in Mature End-User Industries
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Technology
6.1.1 Contact System (Guided Wave Radar)
6.1.2 Noncontact System
22.214.171.124 FMCW Radar
126.96.36.199 Pulsed Radar (Free Space Radar)
6.2 By Application
6.2.1 Liquids, Slurries & Interfaces
6.3 By End-user Industry
6.3.1 Oil & Gas
6.3.2 Food & Beverages
6.3.3 Water & Wastewater
6.3.4 Chemicals & Petrochemical
6.3.5 Metals & Mining
6.3.6 Other End-user Industries
6.4.1 North America
6.4.3 Asia Pacific
6.4.4 Rest of the World
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Siemens AG
7.1.2 Emerson Electric Co.
7.1.3 Endress+Hauser Management AG
7.1.4 ABB Limited
7.1.5 Honeywell International Inc.
7.1.6 VEGA Grieshaber KG
7.1.7 Krohne Messtechnik
7.1.8 Yokogawa Electric Corporation
7.1.9 Ametek Inc.
7.1.10 Magnetrol International Inc.
7.1.11 Schneider Electric SE
7.1.12 Pepperl+Fuchs Pvt. Ltd.
7.1.13 Automation Products Group, Inc.
7.1.14 Nivelco Process Control Corp.
7.1.15 Matsushima Measure Tech Co., Ltd.
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS