• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月15日
|Single User||￥603,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥674,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,065,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The protective packaging market was valued at USD 30.56 million in 2020, and it is expected to reach a value of USD 41.65 million by 2026 at a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period of 2021 to 2026. Logistics and material handling technology, with its development and innovation, has played a significant role in the evolution and adoption of new generation packaging products. These protective packaging products have evolved to be smart, and the reduction in the price of sensors, networks, and communicating devices has augmented the market.
– The increasing trend of online purchasing by consumers drives the changes in product design, packaging, picking, fulfillment, and shipping. As a result, product protection is considered one of the most critical issues. The exponential growth of e-commerce, combined with the technological advancements in packaging material options, is primarily changing the way most companies choose the right solution. The main points considered are the performance, cost considerations driven by material improvements, packaging needs, delivery systems that create on-demand packaging, and sustainability
– Several businesses have attempted to streamline and optimize their packaging solutions in the past few years, which resulted in the evolution of protective packaging. The old traditional methods are still considered to be effective and commonly used. However, the recent advancements in materials and equipment have boosted the adoption of protective packaging into the next generation. Moreover, automated packaging solutions are witnessing an increase in the adoption, as they reduce labor and waste while increasing processing speeds for high volume packaging.’
– The market is witnessing constant efforts and increased investment to develop eco-friendly and sustainable packaging materials, which can be recycled and reused. The paper mailers are gaining traction due to their eco-friendly qualities, such as better suitability for recycling. This is one of the significant trends in the developed markets, such as North America, where stringent environmental regulations are in place, and recycling programs are extensively employed.
– Also, the increasing demand for consumer electronics across various regions and increasing smartphone penetration, the need for protective packaging of these products is rising, as the vendors aim to deliver their products to consumers without any damage. The proper selection of protective packaging solutions primarily depends on the type of product that is being packaged, such as consumer electronics and food, as well as the environmental conditions from which the product should be protected. Selection factors may include product type, material, specifications, and other features
– Specific to market demand, the new -age protective packaging materials have led to increased customer retention and sustainability. In the present market scenario, product manufacturers are intensively focusing on creating a positive experience for their end-users. Customer retention for a business is beneficial as a satisfied customer is highly worthy of the company’s image and helps gain the trust of prospective and potential customers.
Key Market Trends
Plastic-based Protective Packaging is Expected to Occupy Significant Market Share
– Plastic remains the most used raw material for packaging, and hence, it occupies the highest market share among all the raw materials deployed by the manufacturers in the packaging industry. Plastic provides the flexibility of being cost-effective to manufacturers. Its inert nature to the contents being stored in it has allowed it to be utilized for packaging products in specific industry verticals.
– Plastic continues to be the most used material for the protective packaging of products across various industries. Advanced packaging materials, such as polypropylene, can provide a high barrier against contamination and temperatures, thereby protecting the packaged product from being damaged. The wide adoption of plastic packaging in the food and beverage industry, which includes bags, pouches, shrink films, sleeves, and tubes, primarily owing to their flexibility, low weight, and durability, are some of the factors that may continue to create demand for the plastic protective packaging solutions.
– However, there has been a significant rise in demand from consumers for eco-friendly products to be used for packaging. This has led to a critical decline in the usage of plastics in the packaging industry. Manufacturers have emphasized meeting the consumer demands by addressing the environmental concerns and developing products that can be recycled, with bio- and oxo-degradable options venturing into the market.
Europe is Expected to Execute a Steady Growth Rate
– The e-commerce industry has already established itself as a significant sales channel for a comprehensive portfolio of products, ranging from food and beverages to consumer electronics and home and beauty care products in the European region. Additionally, the rising online sales have helped in the growth of the market for protective packaging solutions, as these solutions enable the vendors to ensure the safe delivery of their products sold online
– Further, technological advancements, leading to the development of recyclable materials for protective packaging, have majorly driven the demand for these effective and sustainable packaging solutions in various countries in the region. This increasing demand for sustainable protective packaging solutions is expected to drive the growth of the market.
– The European region has a significant consumer electronics industry, which is supported by the high technological connectivity environment. With the advancing technology, the rising trend of smart homes and offices is augmenting the demand for consumer electronics, driving the market.
– Furthermore, the vendors in the region are focusing on product innovation. For instance, in September 2019, Macfarlane launched a biodegradable packaging protection solution for wine bottles. The Flexi-Hex product is primarily made from recycled materials, and it is biodegradable and plastic-free. Its design comprises a concertina style honeycomb sleeve protector that forms an impact-resistant layer around bottles for protection.
– Some of the major drivers for the growth of the protective packaging market in Europe include increased emphasis on product quality, steady rise in manufacturing output across Europe, and growth in end-user verticals, such as food and beverage, healthcare, and beauty and personal care
– For instance, Germany is one of the leading markets in the protective packaging industry in Europe. Low supply and decreasing profit margins led to a considerable transformation in the German packaging industry, enabling manufacturers/vendors to adopt creative and innovative packaging solutions to boost sales. High employment levels and the robust economic situation have increased Germany’s purchasing power, thus fueling the demand for the packaging industry in the region.
– The development of recyclable materials for protective packaging has driven the consumer demand for effective and sustainable packaging solutions in the country. This demand for packaging is expected to drive the growth of the market in the country.
– Additionally, the product manufacturers are likely to continue to exert a higher demand for packaging firms to reduce their prices to retain the balance between innovation and product costs. Greater consumer awareness, the emergence of new materials, and R&D operations undertaken by market incumbents are expected to pave the way for innovative products over the forecast period.
The competitive landscape of the protective packaging market is moderately fragmented and consists of various vendors providing these products and solutions. Vendors in the market are focusing on merger and acquisition activities to capture the market share.
– May 2019 – Sealed Air Corporation announced the signing of a definitive agreement to acquire Automated Packaging Systems Inc. (APS), a manufacturer of automated bagging systems, for an overall price of USD 510 million. APS is anticipated to bring highly complementary and additive capabilities to Sealed Air Corp., including expertise in engineering, automation technology, and sustainability, which may strengthen the company’s protective packaging solutions.
– June 2019 – Warburg Pincus, a global private equity firm, agreed to acquire Pregis LLC, a protective packaging materials and automated systems manufacturer, from Olympus Partners, headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview (Addendum on Void Reduction)
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Trend of E-Commerce
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Alternative Forms of Packaging
4.4 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4.5 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Assessment of COVID-19 impact on the industry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Material Type
5.1.2 Paper and Paperboard
5.1.3 Other Material Types
5.2 By Product
184.108.40.206 Corrugated Paperboard Protectors
220.127.116.11 Molded Pulp
18.104.22.168 Insulated Shipping Containers
22.214.171.124 Other Product Types
126.96.36.199 Protective Mailers
188.8.131.52 Bubble Wraps
184.108.40.206 Air Pillows/Air Bags
220.127.116.11 Paper Fill
18.104.22.168 Other Flexible Materials(Foil Pouches/Bags, Stretch and Shrink Films, etc.)
22.214.171.124 Molded Foam
126.96.36.199 Foam in Place (FIP)
188.8.131.52 Loose Fill
184.108.40.206 Foam Rolls/Sheets
220.127.116.11 Other Types of Foam (Corner Blocks, etc.)
5.3 By End-user Vertical
5.3.1 Food and Beverage
5.3.4 Consumer Electronics
5.3.5 Beauty and Home Care
5.3.6 Other End-user Verticals
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle-East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Intertape Polymer Group Inc.
6.1.2 Pregis Corporation
6.1.3 Riverside Paper Co.
6.1.4 Sealed Air Corporation
6.1.5 Signode Protective Packaging Solutions
6.1.6 Sonoco Products Company
6.1.7 Smurfit Kappa Group
6.1.8 Huhtamaki Group
6.1.9 DS Smith PLC
6.1.10 International Paper Company
6.1.11 Pro-Pac Packaging Limited
6.1.12 Storopack Hans Reichenecker Gmbh
6.1.13 Crown Holdings Inc.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 FUTURE OF THE MARKET