• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月15日
|Single User||￥586,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥655,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,035,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The pressure sensor market was valued at USD 5457.4 million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 8322.30 million by 2026 and grow at a CAGR of 7.3% over the forecast period (2021-2026). Pressure sensors are employed to monitor relative system pressure in many process applications as well as hydraulics and pneumatics. These sensors have witnessed significant growth over the years owing to the increasing applications across industries, such as aerospace, automotive, healthcare, consumer goods, etc. For instance, in December 2019, The Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) developed a highly sensitive wearable pressure sensor for health monitoring applications. It is capable of early diagnosis of diseases.
– The increasing adoption of the Internet of Things (IoT), is another major factor spearheading the growth of the market. Pressure sensors are transforming the development of smart homes and buildings, smart cities, and smart factories. Hence, the increase in IoT connected devices is anticipated to fuel the growth of the market. Moreover, increasing industrial automation and the growing demand for miniaturized consumer devices, such as wearables and IoT-connected devices, among others, across regions, are among the significant factors driving the pressure sensors market.
– Further, with several smart city projects and initiatives ongoing, by 2025, it is expected that there would be around 30 global smart cities, and 50 % of these are likely to be located in North America and Europe. These steps are supported by global investments, which, according to the OECD, are likely to be about USD 1 . 8 trillion, between 2010 and 2030, for all infrastructure projects in urban cities. The investment in digitized infrastructure is expected to prompt for securing those assets and drive the demand.
– Moreover, emerging sensor-rich applications such as autonomous vehicles, drones, and AR/VR equipment are accelerating the need for MEMS pressure sensors. The automotive industry, which is currently undergoing a technology transition with a significant focus on increasing safety, comfort, and entertainment, provides ample opportunities for these sensors. Also, the increasing military spending across regions is paving the way for technologies like drones/uncrewed aerial vehicles (UAVs). Traditional fighter jets with high -end navigation systems leads to the significant usage of MEMS pressure sensors.
– The COVID-19 outbreak and recent nationwide lockdown across the globe have effected the manufacturing activities, especially in Asia-Pacific, where a substantial portion of the global pressure sensors and other semiconductor components are manufactured. Although, in May 2020, many of these manufacturing sites are recovering and started their operations. However, the fluctuation caused in starting four months in 2020 could result in order delays and lead time across the supply chain during 2020. Also, pressure sensor manufacturing requires people to be physically on-site. For instance, Texas Instruments has begun experiencing disruptions to its operations in Malaysia and the Philippines, where it had production sites.
– End-user-based manufacturers are also unable to source critical components such as sensors and controllers from abroad due to the current disruptions in global supply chains. As most of the vendors are located in China and Japan, the end-user industries are suffering since there now exists a considerable gap in the supply chain. Industries such as automotive and consumer electronics are unable to procure the sensors from those countries. The Automotive Combustion Pressure Sensor production was halted in the wake of the new government rulings on factory shutdowns. This pause in operations is expected to directly impact the revenue flow from Pressure Sensors for automotive purposes.
Key Market Trends
Automotive is Expected to Hold Significant Share
– The automotive industry, which is undergoing a technology transformation, with a significant objective of increasing safety, comfort, and entertainment, provides ample opportunities for the pressure sensors. The miniature size of pressure sensors, such as MEMS, is influencing their demand in the automotive industry’s design scheme, making them an essential factor for massive adoption. The miniature pressure sensors are best suited for measuring the pressure of the auto brake system, the pressure of the tires, the fluid pressure of the transmission system, the pressure of engine oil, and the pressure of intake pipe, as applications. Several parameters need to be controlled in the automotive sector, and pressure sensors add considerably to the developments of these aspects.
– With technological developments enabling the development of autonomous and self-driving cars, the adoption of sensors in vehicles is expected to witness subsequent growth. In the automotive sector, safety regulations enforced by the governmental organizations also play a crucial role, in incorporating pressure sensors. Hence, the United States automotive sector has been leading the market studied, owing to the presence of a robust automotive industry. Thus, various countries’ environmental and safety regulations are expected to lead to an increasingly stringent requirement for accuracy, quality, and price of automotive pressure sensors.
– The concept of hybrid vehicles has led to the widespread adoption of sophisticated vapor pressure measurement systems. This will emerge as a necessity since the measurement process is more complicated than it is with ICEs (internal combustion engines). Developments on the same have begun. For instance, in October 2019, Melexis announced a Pressure Sensing IC specifically for Engine EVAP Systems. The design of a relative pressure sensor IC to operate in and measure shallow pressures across automotive applications are indicative of the company’s support of the rise in hybrid vehicles. The MLX90821 can detect the smallest vapor leaks, as a central part of EVAP systems.
– Multiple expansion strategies have been observed from a vendor’s perspective to indicate a growing demand for pressure sensors in the automotive industry. For instance, in September 2019, TE Connectivity acquired the pressure sensor business of Elmos. Silicon Microstructures acquisition will enable TE with an expanded portfolio of low and medium MEMS-based pressure sensors in digital and analog versions. With tire pressure monitoring gaining traction, tire manufacturers have stepped into the smart sensor arena. As of January 2020, JK Tyre, an Indian tire manufacturer, has introduced a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) via previously acquired TREEL mobility Solutions, TREEL Sensors, which monitor the tire’s vital statistics, including pressure and temperature.
North America is Expected to Hold Major Share
– Stringent government regulations regarding passenger safety and significantly growing automotive and aerospace industries are driving the market for pressure sensors in North America. For instance, the US government passed the TREAD Act to mandate the installation of the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) in all automobiles so that drivers can be cautious about the under-inflation of automobiles within 20 minutes of its detection. The emergence of information technology, along with the growth in the usage of IoT across a wide range of manufacturing, industrial, and automotive applications, has added a new dimension to conducting business operations in the region.
– According to the American Automotive Policy Council, automakers and their suppliers are America’s largest manufacturing sector, responsible for 3% of America’s GDP. They are also America’s largest exporters and have exported more than USD 690 billion in vehicles and parts over the last five years. According to the Consumer Technology Association, the overall US shipments of smart home connected devices reached 28.6 million in 2019. As the pressure sensor posses large applications in these areas, the region offers massive opportunities over the forecast period.
– An increase in the production of helicopters and commercial aircraft in the United States is expected to drive the market. The United States exports more than 60% of all aerospace production. Many foreign firms are attracted to the US aerospace market, as it is the largest in the world, characterized by the skilled and hospitable workforce, diverse offerings, and extensive distribution systems. According to the United States Department of Commerce, it is estimated that for the next 20 years, the number of large commercial planes may grow at a rate of 3.5% per year to reach a total of 34,000 units, valued at USD 4.5 trillion. Such production statistics prompt the need for the pressure sensors for the aircraft navigation systems.
– Canada is one of the biggest producers of consumer electronics in the world. According to Canadian manufacturers and exporters data, electronics and related manufacturing represent about 4% of Canada’s total manufacturing output. With over 540 OEM parts manufacturers and many other automotive-related industries, Canada is among the top ten largest vehicle producers globally, and this sector is the most significant contributor to the country’s manufacturing sector. Such factors are expected to impact the pressure sensors market in the region positively.
The pressure sensor market is quite fragmented and highly competitive due to the presence of various domestic and international players. Technological advancements in the market are also bringing sustainable competitive advantage to the companies in the market. Some of the key players include ABB Ltd., Bosch Sensortec GmbH, Honeywell International Inc., Rockwell Automation, Inc., Siemens Building Technologies AG (Siemens AG), among others.
– April 2020 – Bosch Sensortec announced the BMP390, a barometric pressure sensor for altitude tracking in smartphones and wearable and hearable devices. According to Bosch, the new sensor can measure height changes below 10 centimeters and is 50 percent more accurate than its predecessor. The new BMP390 supports GPS applications for outdoor navigation and calorie expenditure estimation tasks and is available for high-volume smartphone, wearable, and hearable manufacturers.
– January 2020 – Honeywell announced the launch of a new, high-performance, value-priced line of Media Isolated stainless steel pressure sensors (MIP) for the industrial and HVAC market. The sensors were designed to withstand extreme temperatures and resist corrosion; the sensors are used by engineers to create high-performance HVAC systems, medical and biomedical processes, marine systems, aircraft systems, environmental engineering, laboratory, and wastewater and other industrial applications.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview (Covers the impact of COVID-19)
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growth Of End-user Verticals, Such as Automotive and Healthcare
5.1.2 Increasing Adoption of MEMS and NEMS Systems in the Industry
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 High Costs Associated with Sensing Products
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Application
6.1.1 Automotive (Tire Pressure, Break Fluid Pressure, Vapor Pressure in Fuel Tank, Fuel Injection and CDRi, and Manifold Absolute Pressure among others)
6.1.2 Medical (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP), Ventilators and Inhalers, and Blood Pressure Monitoring, Among Others)
6.1.3 Consumer Electronics (Smartphones, Tablets among others)
6.1.5 Aerospace and Defense
6.1.6 Food and Beverage
6.2.1 North America
6.2.4 Latin America
6.2.5 Middle East & Africa
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 ABB Ltd.
7.1.2 All Sensors Corporation
7.1.3 Bosch Sensortec GmbH
7.1.4 Endress+Hauser AG
7.1.5 GMS Instruments BV (GE Measurement & Control)
7.1.6 Honeywell International Inc.
7.1.7 Invensys Ltd
7.1.8 Kistler Group
7.1.9 Rockwell Automation Inc.
7.1.10 Rosemount Inc. (Emerson Electric Company)
7.1.11 Sensata Technologies Inc.
7.1.12 Siemens Building Technologies AG (Siemens AG)
7.1.13 Yokogawa Corporation
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 FUTURE OF THE MARKET