• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月15日
|Single User||￥586,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥655,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,035,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The polypropylene packaging films market was valued at USD 2.73 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 4.33 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 6.78% during the forecast period (2021-2026). Increasing demand for cost-effective packaging formats, high strength, and durable products are the drivers for the growth of the market. The need for recyclability is further fueling the market growth.
– The packaging sector is continuously evolving to cater to changing consumer needs. Growing disposable incomes and the increasing middle-class population are among the prominent factors driving the demand for polypropylene packaging films across industries, such as food and beverage, consumer products, industrial goods, and others.
– The Growing demand of the film to increase the shelf life of the product is propelling the market growth of the polypropylene packaging film market. Also, the easy availability of sustainable packaging solutions helps increase the applications for polypropylene packaging film, boosting the growth of the market.
– Coronavirus outbreak is expected to have a positive impact on the packaging industry over the coming year. The demand for polypropylene packaging, mainly BOPP, which limits the risk of contamination by reducing the exposure, is expected to be favored. Also, the packaged products can be easily cleaned with the packaging on in case of any surface contact.
– However, the industry is currently facing a considerable impact on its supply chain system and production facilities due to the lockdown. Stringent isolation rules worldwide have resulted in short supply of raw materials and workforce.
Key Market Trends
Increasing use of BOPP to Drive the Market Growth
– BOPP films are increasingly being adopted in packaging, labeling, and lamination. The film is a preferred substrate for food packaging globally, owing to its inherent moisture barrier properties, sealability, high clarity, graphic reproduction, and shelf appeal, with the best possibilities of the pack being a monolayer/homogeneous structure.
– The rising need to extend the shelf life of the products and maintain product quality, sustainability, aesthetics, and density are some of the significant factors that are propelling the vendors in the industry to adopt BOPP films. This is expected to fuel market growth over the forecast period.
– India and China are among the largest producers of BOPP packaging in the world and hold a prominent share of global demand. Market players such as Jindal Polyfilm, Uflex, Polyplex, Cosmo films, and others are some of the largest exporters of BOPP in the world. With the complete lockdown in India and Europe, along with trades blocked from China, the supply of BOPP is expected to be influenced significantly.
Asia-Pacific to Account for Highest Market Growth
– Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market in terms of market share and the highest growth rate because of the rising middle-class population, along with the increasing requirements and solutions for ready-to-eat and easy-to-carry food.
– The demand for packaged food and pharmaceutical products is increasing in growing economies, such as China, India, Thailand, and Indonesia. The regulations that emphasize food quality, safety, and packaging norms of the packaged food and pharmaceutical products are expected to drive the growth of the polypropylene packaging film market in Asia-Pacific at the highest rate.
– Manufacturers are launching innovative pack formats, sizes, and functionality in response to the consumer demand for convenience. Also, with the growth in oral, skincare, and niche categories like men’s grooming and baby care, Asia-Pacific is both an exciting and a challenging region for packaging manufacturers. It holds significant opportunities for the polypropylene packaging films market in the region.
The polypropylene packaging films market is competitive because of the presence of many players running their business in national and international boundaries. Key players in the polypropylene packaging films market are putting their efforts on new product innovations and agile business models to deal with the potential disruptions and sustain long-term growth. Some of the key developments in the market are:
– February 2019 – Amcor Limited launched Genesis, a new in-store recyclable laminate solution. It targets a wide range of segments, including fresh fruits and vegetables, frozen food, dried fruits, nuts, confectionery, chilled goods, and pet food. The product is adaptable to a variety of packaging types and is appropriate for specific medical, home, and personal care markets.
– January 2019 – Taghleef Industries completed the acquisition of Biofilm to expand its presence in Latin America. With the addition, Taghleef has secured a position as the prominent supplier of BOPP films in Latin America. The acquisition increased the production capacity of the company to over 500,000 metric ton. The company has secured a strong position in the supply chain in Latin America by spreading its production sites in Cartagena, Colombia, and Altamira, Mexico.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Rising Demand of Cost-effective Packaging Formats
4.2.2 Environmental Regulation Paving Way for Flexible Packaging Requirements
4.2.3 Growth in Packaged Food Markets
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Fluctuation in Raw Material Prices
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Polypropylene Packaging Films Market
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.2.3 Pharmaceutical and Healthcare
5.2.5 Other Applications
5.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kindom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Amcor PLC
6.1.2 AEP Industries Inc.
6.1.3 Novolex Holding LLC
6.1.4 RKW Group
6.1.5 Dupont Teijin Films
6.1.6 Jindal Poly Films Ltd
6.1.7 CCL Industries ( Innovia Films)
6.1.8 ProAmpac LLC
6.1.9 Cosmo Films Ltd
6.1.10 SRF Limited
6.1.11 UFlex Limited
6.1.12 Copol International Ltd
6.1.13 Mitsui Chemicals Inc.
6.1.14 Taghleef Industries LLC
6.1.15 Berry Global Inc.
6.1.16 Polyplex Corporation Limited
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS