• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月15日
|Single User||￥586,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥655,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,035,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The plastic caps and closures market was valued at 1584.63 billion units in 2019 and is expected to reach 2049.6 billion units by 2026, at a CAGR of 4.6% over the forecast period 2021 – 2026. Heat induction cap liner could be used on the variety of bottles made up of different plastic materials such as PP, PVC, HDPE etc, which protects the container from leakage and provides tamper evidence characteristics to it, due to which the market will grow in future.
– Plastic caps and closures are used in a stretch of industries segments, such as food and beverages, pharmaceuticals, household goods, cosmetic products, etc. Caps and closures are the final components of packaging and are responsible for maintaining the integrity of the product packing.
– Caps and closures use PP and PE as the primary raw materials for manufacturing. Industries rely heavily on the plastic caps and closures, as they provide a cost-effective sealing solution. The demand for packaged food and pharmaceutical drugs has been increasing at a healthy rate and as an impact of this, the caps and closures market is also expected to record an increase in demand during the forecast period.
– However, this industry is comprehensively dependent on the suppliers of raw materials for manufacturing. PP and PE, which are used as raw materials, have significantly fluctuating costs in the market. As the cost of production is dependent on this raw material, manufacturers find it difficult to maintain constant output.
Key Market Trends
Polypropylene to Account for a Significant Share
– Plastics converters are the heart of the plastics industry. Polypropylene (PP) comes under thermoplastic which are reversible and can be reheated and reshaped. Polypropylene caps are known for good impact strength, durability, cost-effectiveness and thermal resistance. Polypropylene bottle caps are autoclavable. Wide mouth PP caps are well-suited for many dry products.
– F422 HDPE Foam Lined Polypropylene Caps of Qorpak are acid resistant. This F422 liner is comprised of a .38″ LDPE core sandwiched between identical layers of .002″ – .003″ virgin HDPE. These polypropylene closures with foamed polyethylene liners have excellent sealing characteristics and offer good chemical resistance including acids, alcohols, alkalis, aqueous products, cosmetics, household oils and solvents.
– The food and drink industry is the EU’s biggest manufacturing sector in terms of jobs and value added by which the demand for plastic converter is increasing. In the last 10 years, EU food and drink exports have doubled, reaching over EUR 90 billion and contributing to a positive balance of almost EUR 30 billion by which the demand of PP is witnessing a high growth.
– Germany is Europe’s largest beverage industry, which represents the fourth largest industry sector in Germany and due to the high demand of beverages product such as energy drinks, mocktails, etc, the demand of PP is growing faster.
North America to Occupy Major Share
– The food industry is one of the major contributors to the caps and closures market in the region. Consumers are becoming more health-conscious, and the demand for the healthy beverages is on the rise along with raising personal incomes have made bottled water a more accessible convenience for the individuals and is boosting factor for the growth of caps and closures market.
– Food products stored in bottles are being protected through various kinds of airtight plastic closures. Metal caps or closures are also used for the storage of food products, such as grains, typically stored in glass containers. The United States is the second-largest food market across the world, and it is expected to account for a considerably high share of the caps and closures market.
– In the United States and Canada, retail shelf packaging is growing popular, owing to the changing lifestyles of the people. This faster pace of lifestyle is expected to further fuel the growth of sales through retail channels.
– This trend is further bolstered by the growing millennial population in the workforce. Millennial population in the United States is found to work across flexible work hours, which further bolsters the demand for on-the-go foods, which is expected to drive the market for caps and closure (owing to increase in packaged food).
The plastic caps and closures market is in between consolidated and fragmented because it has many players and there are no major players driving the market. Major players in the market studied include Silgan Holdings Inc., Amcor Ltd, Crown Holdings Inc., Aptar Group Inc., and Berry Global Inc. Recent developments in the market are –
– February 2019 – Aptar launched a dispensing closure made of post-consumer recycled resin. In Europe, the company is using 50% of recycled PC in the manufacturing of dispensing closure, ensuring the global transition to a circular economy and a sustainable future.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Demand for Packaged Food and Pharmaceutical Drugs
4.3.2 Increasing Demand from Small and Medium Scale End-user Industries
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Fluctuation in the Cost of Raw Materials
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.4 Cosmetics and Toiletries
5.1.5 Other Applications
5.2 Raw Material
5.2.4 Other Raw Materials
5.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
188.8.131.52 Rest of Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
184.108.40.206 United Arab Emirates
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Silgan Holdings Inc.
6.1.2 Amcor Ltd
6.1.3 Crown Holdings Inc.
6.1.4 Aptar Group Inc.
6.1.5 Berry Global, Inc.
6.1.6 Albéa S.A.
6.1.7 Ball Corporation
6.1.8 Evergreen Packaging Inc.
6.1.9 Global Closure Systems
6.1.10 Guala Closures Group
6.1.11 Pact Group
6.1.12 Tetra Laval International S.A.
6.1.13 BERICAP GmbH & Co. KG
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS