• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月15日
|Single User||￥620,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥693,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,095,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The global particle size analysis market was valued at USD 357.6 million in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 481.78 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 5.1% during the period from 2021 to 2026. Particle size analysis is a technical procedure or a laboratory technique that determines the size range or mean size of the particles in a powder or liquid sample. These applications were initially carried out only in R&D facilities. However, with the advent of technologies, they are being embedded in real-time production environments for several quality control assessments to minimize damage.
– In the past four years, the demand was particularly high in the automotive industry, as carbon fiber had been replacing metals, such as aluminum and steel, due to its incredible strength and lightweight. Additionally, the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries are expected to emerge as the primary sources of demand for particle size analysis services and solutions over the forecast period. An increasing number of commercial laboratory services and high investments in several clinical trials are expected to drive the demand in the market studied.
– According to a study by the University of Utah School of Medicine and ARUP Laboratories, an average clinical laboratory receives more than 5,000 specimens per day. It is estimated that these specimens are bought, delivered, and dispatched in more than 162 containers, involving 320 separate tracing and shipment slips. Such high numbers of samples and complex handling processes are creating an immense requirement for quick estimation methods, like laser diffraction. Nanomaterials are finding major applications across various industries. Initially, they found significant applications in the healthcare, cosmetics, and manufacturing industries.
– With the advent of microelectronics and nanosensors, the semiconductor industry is increasingly using nanomaterials. Increasing demand for lab-on-chip devices that provide immediate results on a medical test usually takes longer in laboratories and, in turn, creates a massive demand for nanotechnology innovations in the healthcare domain. In September 2019, MIT engineers reported that they had created a foil material using nanotechnology that is ten times blacker than anything that has previously been reported. The foil is said to capture more than 99 .96 % of any incoming light, making it the darkest material on record. These materials can be used in optical blinders to reduce unwanted glare and help space telescopes in spotting orbiting exoplanets.
– However, given the current COVID -19 outbreak, scientists are involved in developing antivirals and vaccines to treat patients. China has given their nod for researchers to begin human safety tests for an experimental vaccine to treat COVID -19. A vaccine to protect against COVID -19 is urgently needed. In the recent past, researchers aimed at assessing the safety, tolerability, and immunogenicity of a recombinant adenovirus type – 5 (Ad 5 ) vectored COVID -19 vaccine, expressing the spike in the glycoprotein of a severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS -CoV – 2 ) strain. Further, ongoing research to find a promising vaccine is mostly on the trial period, and the usage of particle size analysis is significantly increasing.
Key Market Trends
Food, Beverage and Nutrition is Expected to Hold Significant Share
– Proper particle characterization of food products requires a range of analytical instrumentation. Hence, various particle size analysis technologies are applied, including laser diffraction, dynamic light scattering, and image analysis in the food industry. For instance, sugar is an essential food commodity where the particle size distribution control is critical for consistent quality. Sieving has been the traditional test method for measuring the particle size of sugar.
– In addition to increasing consumption and production of coffee, across the world, there are about 40 different known varieties of coffee beans, which in various blends and degrees of roasting, determine aroma, taste and brewing behavior of the popular beverage. Besides the selection of the green coffee, roast, and mixing, the grinding degree of the coffee powder is also crucial for coffee preparation. For instance, for preparing espresso or Turkish coffee, a fine grind with grain sizes below 1 mm is required, for standard drip brewed and filtered coffee particle size is below 1.5 mm. For Scandinavian, French press, or American brewed coffee, it is just below 3 mm.
– Moreover, further inspired by capsule technology, the coffee industry is always bringing new types of coffee into the market that continues to stimulate consumption. This increases the need for quality control, particularly concerning the size distribution of coffee powder, thereby driving the adoption of particle size analysis. Chocolate is one more product that can benefit from laser diffraction. Mouthfeel, which describes eating chocolate’s optimal creaminess, is a critical factor in delivering a significantly superior consumer experience. As chocolate is a combination of milk solids and cocoa powder, particle size analysis could help chocolate producers manipulate their production process to maximize customer satisfaction.
– In June 2019, Shimadzu Scientific Instruments (SSI) announced the iSpect DIA-10 dynamic particle image analysis system, which performs particle imaging, size analysis, and foreign object detection, in addition to obtaining size distributions and number concentration, in as little as two minutes. The technique may also be used to identify microplastics in water, an emerging field of study due to the adverse effects of microplastics on the human body and the environment. Yield Enhancement Network (YEN) Nutrition is a comprehensive grain analysis that addresses all 12 essential crop nutrients for grain, oilseeds, and pulses. Launching for harvest 2020, the analysis will act as a ‘post-mortem’ for each farm’s nutrient management package.
North America is Expected to Hold Significant Share
– North America is expected to dominate the market studied, over the forecast period, owing to the early and high adoption of these technologies and their industrial applications. According to the US government, the President’s 2019 Budget provided USD 156.8 billion for R&D, which indicated an increase of USD 2.8 billion (or 2%) over FY 2018. Most of these R&D investments were in the agriculture and healthcare industries, which account for a significant share in the market. Due to the strong support from the federal government regarding grants to academic institutions and companies to develop highly sensitive particle size analysis devices, the market for these technologies is estimated to grow further in the region
– Currently, the increasing demand for specialty chemicals is driving the chemical industry. In the United States, the value of shipments of specialty chemicals rose to USD 86 billion in 2018, according to the American Chemistry Council, and it is expected to provide significant growth until 2025. Additionally, as per the American Chemistry Council, since 2010, petrochemical producers in the United States have announced significant capacity expansions.
– According to the American Chemical Society, the US chemical output is expected to rise by more than 3.8% in 2020, compared to 3.6% in 2019, with the increase in consumer spending being the most significant factor driving the demand for chemicals. Further, North America has high R&D investments in nanotechnology. The United States has the highest number of nanotechnology patents, followed by Canada. The increasing adoption of nanoparticle tracking analysis for concentration and size measurements of drug delivery nanoparticles is also motivating many vendors to increase their investments in the market.
– For the 2019 budget, the US President requested nearly USD1.4 billion for the NNI (National Nanotechnology Initiative) to support all nanotechnology research levels, including basic research, early-stage applied research and technology transfer efforts. This has significantly assisted the market growth in the United States. Considering this push from the government, capital investments are expected to increase, thus, providing scope for particle size analysis tools.
The particle size analysis market is moderately competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the significant players are dominating the market. However, with the growing demand across various end-user industries, most of the companies are expanding their business footprints among emerging economies. Also, the level of market penetration of the particle size analyzers is very high, and innovations and patents are filed every year. Market incumbents that have substantial R&D capabilities or startups with top product distinction often prosper in the market. Key players are Malvern Panalytical Ltd, Horiba Ltd, Agilent Technologies Inc., etc.
– April 2020 – Beckman Coulter announced a mid-May launch timeline for its new Access SARS-CoV-2 IgG serology test and planned to achieve market-leading production volumes that will ramp to more than 30 million tests per month. Beckman Coulter’s immunoassay analyzers are used in both the hospital core laboratory and smaller laboratories. They can deliver up to 200 serology test results per analyzer per hour, depending upon the analyzer.
– March 2020 – ATS Scientific Inc. announce their partnership as a Canadian distributor and service provider for Microtrac MRB. The flagship SYNC laser diffraction system will be incorporated with the instruments housed in ATS Scientific’s Technology Centre. Retsch Technology’s Camsizer series of devices will continue to be offered through ATS Scientific as they always have been since this brand was introduced in Canada since the early 2000s.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview (Included Impact of COVID-19)
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Research Activity in the Field of Nanotechnology
5.1.2 Advent of Online and Inline Particle Size Analysis
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 High Cost and Operational Drawbacks
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Technology
6.1.1 Taylor Dispersion Analysis
6.1.2 Dynamic Light Scattering
6.1.3 Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis
6.1.4 Resonant Mass Measurement
6.1.5 Laser Diffraction
6.1.6 Other Technologies
6.2 By Dispersion
6.2.1 Wet Particle
6.2.2 Dry Particle
6.2.3 Spray Particle
6.3 By End-user Industry
6.3.2 Food, Beverage, and Nutrition
6.3.4 Agriculture and Forestry
6.3.7 Other End User Industries
6.4.1 North America
6.4.4 Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East & Africa
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Malvern Panalytical Ltd
7.1.2 Horiba Ltd
7.1.3 Agilent Technologies Inc.
7.1.4 Microtrac Retsch GmbH (Verder Scientific GmbH & Co. KG)
7.1.5 Beckman Coulter Inc.
7.1.6 IZON Science Ltd
7.1.7 Shimadzu Corporation
7.1.8 Sympatec GmbH
7.1.9 Micromeritics Instruments Corporation
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS