• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月15日
|Single User||￥586,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥655,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,035,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The global non-destructive testing equipment market was valued at USD 4,779 million in 2020, and it is projected to be worth USD 7,635.7 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 7.2 % during the forecast period (2021 – 2026). The introduction of stringent government safety regulations across different regions, due to an increase in failure incidents and the need for extending the life of aging infrastructure, is compelling the industries to employ testing across their manufacturing cycles.
– The need for maintenance optimization for efficient operations and quality/safety assurance is further helping the adoption of NDT testing equipment. Moreover, factors, such as safety, increased service intervals, reducing tolerance to disruption, small emission targets, and innovative materials have further contributed to the rising demand for NDT techniques in the aerospace and defense sectors.
– The Non-destructive testing equipment emerged as an essential part of every industrial toolbox. Building welded structures or industrial plants without NDT would be synonymous to building without cleaning or measuring or welding. Maintaining aircraft, refineries, or rotating equipment without NDT would be like maintaining without lubrication or checking for corrosion or tightness.
– Among the technologies used in NDT testing equipment, the ultrasonic and radiography testing segments are witnessing high innovations, which are aimed at filling in gaps of existing market product offerings. Ultrasonic detectors, however, have significantly aided the demand for ultrasonic test equipment, with Olympus NDT and GE Measurement and Control Systems playing a crucial role in offering these advanced solutions.
– Approximately 70-80% sales of NDT equipment manufacturers, like Olympus, among others, cater to NDT service providers, such as Acuren, Applus RTD, among others, through a wide variety of distributors and local representatives, including Inspection Technologies Inc., Detek, etc. In the end users segment, the global recovery from the slump in crude oil prices has been among the promary factors that have significantly driven investments in the oil and gas vertical.
– Moreover, assets within the oil and gas industry are complex and have a limited life cycle. By employing Asset Integrity Management (AIM) programs, integrity services, and risk-based inspections, the life cycle of these assets can be significantly improved by increasing ROI. NDT systems here provide clarity enabling to identify, characterize and size flaws, enabling effective, safe, and production asset management.
– With the outbreak of Covid-19, the NDT equipment market is witnessing a decline in growth as end-user industries such as automotive, oil and gas, construction, among others, have been impacted due to lockdown and other social distancing norms. According to the Ministry of Statistic and Program Institute (MOSPI) India, the impact of Covid-19 on Gross value-added on construction, Manufacturing, and Mining sector has accounted for -13.3%,-6.3%, and -14.7%. Thus, the decline in the growth of these industries has reduced the demand for the NDT activities that, in turn, are impacting the market growth.
Key Market Trends
Power & Energy Generation Industry to Witness Strong Growth
– The NDT equipment market witnessed an increased demand from the power generation industry, as most of these plants established have aged and were designed and constructed using the standards, materials, and components, thus, meeting industrial practices prevalent at the time of construction
– The main scope of NDT applications in the energy and power industry is to help ensure the safety, integrity, and reliability of plant equipment, such as pressure vessels, boilers, heat exchangers, pipework, and pipelines. The inspection of concrete structures is a part of plant life assessment, as these materials often form an essential part of the construction of such plant equipment.
– The utilization and adaptability of developing digital imaging technology have also added to the cost-effectiveness of the advanced NDT equipment methods. The capability of continuous data collection, storage, online inspection, advanced simulation of data in real-time, and interpretation of the information are also possible with new NDT equipment techniques. These techniques are creating greater opportunities in the market
– Additionally, The market studied is experiencing an increase in acceptance and applications in the power generation industry, due to the continuous evolution of traditional NDT techniques. These techniques, along with the increased assimilation with the technology, have made many NDT methods cost-efficient, allowing end users to cut down a part of the operations and maintenance costs.
– In the Middle East & Africa, power plants under construction, such as nuclear plants in the United Arab Emirates, coal-based plants in Africa, and replacement of older oil-based power plants by newer ones in Qatar and Saudi Arabia, are expected to drive the demand for the NDT equipment, during the forecast period.
– Futuremore, the development of new nuclear plants, as well as renewable energy projects, globally, is expected to augment the market growth over the forecast period.
Asia- Pacific is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
– Currently, China is the world’s largest producer of electricity. The energy demand of the country is expected to increase, thereby provoking the growth of energy production. NDT application in the fossil fuel segment dominates the market but is slowly expected to shift toward the nuclear and renewable segments. China is the largest consumer and importer of oil and gas in the world, after the United States.
– The country’s rising demand for cleaner sources of energy is a major contributor to the weakening oil demand, in the country. China is also the world’s top market for electric vehicles. The Chinese government is said to be working on a plan to implement a ban on vehicles powered by fossil fuels, similar to France and the United Kingdom, which announced that they would ban the sale of vehicles powered by fossil fuels, by 2040.
– India has the fifth largest power generation capacity in the world. The country ranks third globally in terms of electricity production. In May 2018, India ranked 4th in the Asia Pacific region out of 25 nations on an index that measures their overall power. Electricity production in India reached 108.90 Billion Units (BU) in April 2019. This implies that the current demand for NDT is dominated by the fossil fuel sector, with nuclear energy-based NDT equipment slowly gaining momentum.
– With the Indian aviation sector witnessing a surge in consumption, supported by growing incomes and increasing affordability, the industrial consumption of the NDT equipment is expected to witness substantial growth, over the forecast period.
– Singapore accounts for more than 25% of the Asia-Pacific MRO (maintenance, repair, and overhaul) market, with more than 100 aerospace companies catering the demand for aviation-related services. Leading companies, such as Singapore Technologies and SIA Engineering Company carry, out the nose to tail MRO services, thereby contributing to large-scale adoption of NDT equipment, in this segment.
– Indonesia offers opportunities for NDT equipment in the fossil fuel segment, as it is the dominant contributor to electricity production in the country. NDT is suitable for the inspection of pressurized pipelines, boilers, and exhaust systems. There are more than 133 CPP and 7 GPP operational, in the country which is further bolstering the growth of the Indonesian segment, over the forecast period.
The Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Equipment Market is competitive in nature and consists of several major players. The end-users demand is driven by safety and regulatory needs and the companies operating in the market are leveraging on strategic collaborative initiatives, to offer specialized solutions, to increase their market share and increase their profitability. The companies operating in the market are also into mergers and acquisitions that help in improving the served market portfolio.
– October 2019 – Intertek announced the expansion of its corrosion testing at its Sharjah Laboratory Complex, which assists clients in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, and Egypt. The upgrade and expansion of the Sharjah facility allow Intertek to offer enhanced local services in a laboratory devoted to the testing of corrosion inhibitors under highly ‘sour’ conditions; for example, fluids containing high levels of corrosive hydrogen sulfide (H2S).
– July 2019- Applus+ RTD in Germany was planning to deliver non-destructive testing (NDT) for the construction of a new chemical plant for Covestro. Applus+ RTD is expected to provide services, including NDT on piping, new construction, and work during the assembly phase of the project. In view of the tight schedule, Applus+ is partnering with the UK company, SafeRad Ltd, whose qualified system allows for radiographic techniques to be used with a minimum of radiographic exposure. Radiographic Testing (RT) can be performed during day and night shifts, in parallel with the work of the piping companies.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Impact Of Covid-19 On The Market
4.5 Market Drivers
4.5.1 Stringent Regulations Mandating Safety
4.5.2 Aging Infrastructure and Increasing Need for Maintenance
4.6 Market Restraints
4.6.1 Lack of Skilled Personnel and Training Facilities
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Radiography Testing Equipment
5.1.2 Ultrasonic Testing Equipment
5.1.3 Magnetic Particle Testing Equipment
5.1.4 Liquid Penetrant Testing Equipment
5.1.5 Visual Inspection Equipment
5.1.6 Eddy Current Equipment
5.1.7 Other Technologies Equipment
5.2 End User Industry
5.2.1 Oil & Gas
5.2.2 Power & Energy
5.2.3 Aerospace & Defense
5.2.4 Automotive & Transportation
5.2.6 Other End User Industries
5.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
188.8.131.52 Rest of Latin America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 United Arab Emirates
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Magnaflux Corp.
6.1.2 Nikon Metrology Inc.
6.1.3 Intertek Group Plc
6.1.4 YXLON International GmbH ( COMET Group)
6.1.5 Olympus Corporation
6.1.6 Baker Hughes
6.1.7 Fujifilm Corporation
6.1.8 TEAM Inc.
6.1.9 Acuren Inspection, Inc.
6.1.10 TUV Rheinland AG
6.1.11 Applus Services SA
6.1.12 MISTRAS Group
6.1.13 SGS Group
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS