• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月10日
|Single User||￥620,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥693,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,095,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The Motion Sensor Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period of 2021 – 2026. Moreover, increasing demand for consumer electronics and the rising adoption of automation technology in various industries will drive the growth of this market.
– Industry 4.0, the newest industrial revolution, has fueled the development of new technologies like collaborative robots, AI-enabled robots, etc., which have enabled enterprises to streamline many processes, increase efficiency, and eliminate errors that support the growth of this market.
– Moreover, sensors such as accelerometers, magnetometers, gyroscopes are widely used in smartphones and tablets. As per the Global System for Mobile Communications (GSMA) data, the global IoT connection is increased by 12.6 billion, which is influencing the growth of this market. the market is expected to experience the vendors investing in innovative/novel solutions to keep drive their market share growth. In 2019 STMicroelectronics, for instance, launched its LSM6DSO and LSM6DSOX 6-axis modules motion sensor, which is configured with finite state machine and machine learning core technology. This innovative technology helps users create their motion-recognition algorithms, and it also maximizes the battery runtime for any smartphones.
– Additionally, different motion games for mobiles are also increasing the demand for motion sensors in the mobile gaming industry. Vendors are expected to launch products in partnership with the supply chain partners to create niche opportunities for them that are end-user industry specific. For instance, in 2019, French company Gameloft launched Asphalt 9, which had already crossed 4 million downloads on Nintendo Switch.
– Furthermore, The motion sensors are ideally suited to various industrial and scientific applications, such as robotics, automotive, and medical research (biomechanical and orthopedics). For instance, Bosch Sensortec recently launched BMA456 accelerometer, which has optimized hearable features integrated with one sensor. This sensor is also able to reduce power consumption and can increase the overall battery life.
Key Market Trends
Automobile Sector expected to be Among the Fast Growing Market Share
– The demand for motion sensors is increasing rapidly in the automobile sector due to its extensive use in the micro-electro-mechanical system (MEMS) and advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS). Moreover, the small size of MEMS sensors provides a quicker response to rapid change in the measured parameters, and because of its cost-effective features, the use of MEMS sensors has been extensive. The applications of MEMS sensors in the automobile industry are motion sensors (accelerometers and gyroscopes) and pressure sensors.
– MEMS-based motion sensors are also used in airbags of different automobile vehicles. In the recent past, Bosch Sensortec GmbH already introduced MEMS-based motion sensors, which can detect any abrupt vehicle deceleration. Additionally, The growing demand for safety & security in the automobiles is one of the main factors, which is playing a vital role in the growth of the market.
– According to the World Health Organisation, approximately globally, more than 1.35 million people are killed in road accidents every year, and about 50 million people get injured. Moreover, increasing demand for motion sensors for battery monitoring, various positioning, and detection of moving parts of the automobiles is during the growth of this market.
– Furthermore, the usage of the ADAS system in the automobile industry is also driving the growth of this market. Globally, around 80% of the passenger vehicles and commercial vehicles are combined with the ADAS system. According to Hyundai, Korean automaker 50% of its total sales consists of ADAS features due to the higher demand for vehicles with the ADAS system.
Asia Pacific is one of the Fastest Growing Region For this Market
– The rapid industrialization and urbanization within this region are fuelling the growth of this market. Moreover, the emergence of Electric Vehicles (EV) and 5G smartphones are supporting the considerable demand for motion sensors in the Asia Pacific region. According to the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology China, the number of mobile phone subscriptions per 100 inhabitants in China has increased by 1.96% in 2019 compared to 2018.
– Moreover, the government regulations in this region are also supporting the growth of this market. For instance, according to the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, the Indian Government introduced a mandate which will bring Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS) in all cars by 2022.
– Additionally, the National Electric Mobility Mission Plan (NEMMP) 2020 was established to promote electric and hybrid vehicles. Under the NEMMP 2020, an incentive scheme, Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles (FAME), was launched to reduce the upfront purchase price of electric and hybrid vehicles and to stimulate their early adoption. These types of initiatives will surge the demand for motion sensors for this region.
– This region is home to some of the significant vendors which are expected to drive the market further. Many big enterprises such as Samsung, Xiaomi are also investing in sensor technology advancement due to its adoption of various wearable fitness and health tracking devices among different consumers.
The market is highly competitive due to the presence of many key players in this market. However, the market is moderately concentrated, and critical players in this market are following product innovation, mergers, and acquisitions strategy to gain a competitive advantage from other competitors. The key players in this market are Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd, TDK Corporation, STMicroelectronics NV, NXP Semiconductor NV , etc.
– May 2020: Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd launched new MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems), which consists of six degrees of freedom, and it can be used for safety-critical automotive applications. According to the company’s expectation, this new sensor enables centimeter-level accuracy regarding vehicle dynamics and position, which can be used in ADAS (Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems) systems.
– August 2020: TDK corporation recently introduced InvenSense SmartBug, a compact, wireless multi-sensor solution that integrates TDK’s six axes IMU with ultrasonic sensors, and high-precision algorithms. These sensors can be used in most of the commercial and consumer IoT applications.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porters 5 Force Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing adoption of MEMS sensors in automotive industry and increasing demand Of Smartphones, Tablets, And Notebooks
5.1.2 Rapidly growing Motion Gaming Industry
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Increasing cost of MEMS based motion sensor due to the lack of the alternatives
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1.5 Other Technology Types
6.2.1 Consumer Electronics
6.2.4 Security & Surveillance
6.2.5 Lighting Controls
6.2.6 Automation (Commercial, Residential and Industrial)
6.2.7 Other Applications
6.3.1 North America
6.3.4 Rest of the World
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE – KEY VENDOR PROFILES*
7.1 Analog Devices Inc.
7.2 NXP Semiconductor NV
7.3 STMicroelectronics NV
7.4 TE Connectivity Ltd
7.5 Panasonic Corporation
7.6 Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd
7.7 Honeywell International Inc
7.8 Bosch Sensortec GmbH
7.9 TDK Corporation
7.10 Kemet Corporation
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MAREKET