• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月10日
|Single User||￥620,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥693,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,095,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The mobile application testing services (MATS) market is expected to register a CAGR of 15.37% over the forecast period 2021 to 2026. The mobile devices ecosystem comprises very diverse hardware and software, in addition to the complex network configurations. Further, the constant influx of new devices, browsers, and the release of operating system versions make the task tedious and present unique challenges from a quality assurance strategy and testing perspective. The availability of different types and generations of mobile devices in the market has played a critical role in driving the demand, as the applications are expected to function and perform at the optimum level.
– The market is influenced by the competition between the application developers in the respective app stores. The direct and transparent feedback of reviews on the app store have resulted in increased demand for outstanding mobile application quality and enhanced user experience.
– Reduced time-to-market, lower budgets, and time available for quality assurance, and careful user experience design are significant factors considered for MAT services. The market for mobile application quality and user experience measurement tools has grown tremendously in the past decade, around the mobile app store ecosystems.
– Developers following the lean and agile development approach continuously produce new features and ready-to-ship software increments. Enterprises have been trying to cater to the significant business opportunity that mobile devices have created.
– Also, the development of open-source SDK such as Flutter, React Native, allows the developer to develop cross-platform applications that run both major mobile OS platforms, including Android and iOS, with the single code-base increasing the efficiency and productivity of the application ecosystem globally. In fact, popular apps such as Google Ads, Alibaba are building using the same. Such instances are driving further demand for the MATS worldwide.
– With the COVID pandemic at the helm, companies such as IBM are testing out mobile applications that can track their employees’ locations to help monitor and slow the spread of the virus. Likewise, Gauss partnered with Evive to release Apollo, a free Apple iOS app, to help increase the efficiency and safety of drive-through COVID-19 screening and testing for patients and health workers.
– With the present pandemic on the rise, mobile application testing teams have become more distributed than ever, leaving the enterprises with a new and growing remote working standard. The onus is on the enterprises to be able to continually test and release high-quality digital experiences while managing the teams that are separated by time and space.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Adoption of Mobile Devices at Workplace
– The proliferation of mobile devices in the workplace has made the mobile platform a vital cornerstone of the professional space’s modern digital transformation, similar to personal lives. According to the reports from Cisco, 69% of the IT decision-makers favored BYOD as a positive addition to any workplace policy, as it saved workers time. BYOD and the Internet of Things (IoT) go hand in hand and even motivate employers to create internal mobile apps for the company and project management systems.
– Also, the acceleration in the development of productivity applications including Microsoft Office, LinkedIn, one drive, Teams, Drive, Prezi, Microsoft Sway, and also few of the data visualizations tool such as Power BI, Tableau among others have been playing a critical part into the penetration of mobile devices in the organization’ workforce.
– For instance, In March 2020, Microsoft announced the release of the popular code repository app Github both for android and iOS devices. This app primarily allows the developers to remotely manage their projects while been away from PC task such as merging a pull request, organizing task, giving feedback on issues can be performed via the app.
– Apart from offering the workers greater flexibility, improved communications, enhance workflows, and helping the users be more efficient and productive, it also provides organizations an edge over its competitors as it enables them to make faster decisions.
– Further, businesses are opting to use external cloud services, as it mitigates security concerns and the management and technology costs. Also, they can reduce device and network costs and enjoy the benefits of scalability of the business.
– Unlike desktop users, mobile users have a high propensity to shift between applications, and the tolerance for applications lacking in user experience, performance, and functionality is low. Testing a mobile application on these critical parameters, across devices and platforms, is key to its success, and hence, mobile application testing services are in-demand.
– However, organizations need to ensure that mobile devices comply with industry regulations and do not violate standards such as HIPAA, PCI DSS, and others.
North America has the Largest Market Share
– North America has been a pioneer in the mobile application testing services market. The presence of companies such as Google and Apple in the region, on whose platform the apps to developed to be supported on, has further supported the market cause. A study conducted by St Louis-based senior living community provider provision living, published in 2019, suggests that an average American spends around 5.4 hours a day on their phone with millennials spending as much as 5.7 hours a day.
– According to the ComScore, US Mobile app report found that Mobile apps accounted for 57% of the total digital media usage in the region. The smartphone apps alone captured more than half of digital media time spent. These factors indicate a massive opportunity for the business to connect with the customer due to the tremendous adoption of the smartphone into the human lifestyle.
– The end-user industry has been quick to switch and adopt the mobile-based services to reach the customers. It has been a critical feature that the vendors in the other regions have replicated to extend their business opportunities. These moves by the end-user industry to gain the first-mover advantage have been beneficial for the region’s MATS vendors and have been critical for the region to have significant market share.
– Furthermore, Amidst the pandemic COVID-19, American network AT&T report that the US traffic on media streaming apps such as Netflix has reached an all-time high threshold. Also, Major streaming platforms such as Youtube, Netflix have restricted the resolution of the video to 480p in few countries to counter the surge in demand and reduce the downtime. Such instance leverages further leverages the demand for MATS worldwide.
The mobile application testing services market is highly competitive and comprises multiple players vying for the market share. In terms of market share, no market player can dominate the market, as there are multiple options for the end-user industry to choose from. However, with innovative, fast-changing technology-related developments, the market vendors tend to differentiate their services. Several companies are expanding their market presence by securing new capabilities, such as offering cloud-based services. As per the data available from the 14th International Conference on Mobile Systems and Pervasive Computing, there were more than 28 tools and frameworks for functional test automation and more than 16 different device clouds in the market.
– February 2020: Perfecto announced the integration with katalon studio, a test automation studio for web and mobile apps that enables users to test automated script without the need for coding. This collaboration enables testing teams to achieve a higher level of test automation while executing it against the devices and browsers in the perfecto cloud.
– May 2020: Sauce Labs Inc announced the launch of a failure analysis solution that leverages advanced technologies such as machine learning to showcase users’ pass/fail data to list a set of common reasons behind the failure of the test. This solution allows developers, QA managers insightful information to improve their test quality.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Adoption of Mobile Devices at Workplace
4.2.2 Presence of Augmenting Technology, such as AI, ANN, and Others
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Significant Infrastructure Requires Huge Capital Investment
4.4 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.5 Technology Snapshot
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Application Type
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.5 Travel and Tourism
5.2.6 Other End-user Industries
5.3.1 North America
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
5.3.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Accenture PLC
6.1.2 Capgemini SE
6.1.3 Cognizant Technology Solutions
6.1.4 EPAM Systems Inc.
6.1.5 IBM Corporation
6.1.6 Wipro Ltd
6.1.7 Tata Consultancy Services Limited
6.1.8 AQM Software Testing Lab
6.1.9 Cigniti Technologies Ltd
6.1.10 Amazon Web Services Inc.
6.1.11 Sauce Labs Inc.
7 INVESTMENT ANAYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS