• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月10日
|Single User||￥586,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥655,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,035,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The MMORPG gaming market is expected to grow at a CAGR of about 9.5% during the forecast period of 2021-2026. The increasing trend for online gaming among millennials has led to the creation of a virtual world for video gamers, where they get a virtual economy, currency, trade environment, and real-time scenarios to deal with. With the help of advanced gaming technology, the game developers successfully keep the gamers engaged in the role-playing games and encourage them to stake more real money to receive the benefits or “boosters” over the games.
– This strategy has also facilitated the MMORPG game publishers and developers to generate more sales by retaining players and attracting others. According to the Enterprise Software Association, almost 50% of gamers have made a microtransaction in the past year.
– Further, the increasing penetration of the internet is boosting the growth of MMORPG gaming across the world. Access to the internet in developing economies such as India and Brazil, among other countries, is aiding internet users’ growth. According to the India Brand Equity Foundation, internet penetration in India accounted for 50% in February 2020 from 4% in 2007. Also, according to the data of GlobalWebIndex, it indicates that more than 1 billion people worldwide are now interested in internet streaming each month. The latest statistics suggest that nearly all internet users watch live streams of other gamers playing games each month.
– The MMORPG games remain largely centralized and majorly dependent on the developer’s willingness to support the game with updates. This centralization is significantly vulnerable to both attacks and outages. DDOS attacks are a common occurrence for the centralized server structure of these games. For example, Blizzard Entertainment, the creator of “World of Warcraft,” apparently one of the significantly successful MMORPG games, was the target of such attacks in recent days.
– With the increasing data security breaches and cyber-attacks through MMORPG game servers are restraining the market’s growth. For instance, in May 2020, ESET, a security firm based in the Asia Pacific, published a report where they have mentioned the name of popular gaming companies who were majorly affected by “build orchestration server,” hijacking. The company has briefed that most of the gaming companies of South Korea have been affected by this increasing cybersecurity problems.
– With the outbreak of the COVID-19, the market is witnessing positive growth and the increasing popularity of online multiplayer games, as people stay at home maximum time due to lockdowns being imposed by various governments and to stay safe from being affected. According to Verizon, the increase in gaming traffic was witnessed during peak hours by 75% over the last week.
– Further, the mobile platform is witnessing significant growth rate as people face lockdowns and travel bans across the globe that have led to a substantial increase in consumer engagement with mobile-based gaming, especially in mobile-first markets, such as Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America. Also, the portability and accessibility of smartphones have augmented the platform dominance over other platforms.
Key Market Trends
Gaming Console is Expected to Grow at a Considerable Rate During the Forecast Period
– Players who prefer to use gaming consoles are likely to have a gaming subscription, and they have significant gaming utilization. More broadly, console gamers tend to value video streaming rather than traditional Pay TV. Console gamers also gravitate toward paid video streaming services for the games. In terms of influencing and reaching these gamers, video game advertising likely has a significant impact.
– With the increasing adoption of esports, the rise of video games through consoles is growing and will show more growth in the coming years. As a response to this trend, connectivity and entertainment providers could target console gamers by offering console-related video services, like live sports, fast broadband, and monetizing the audience more optimally through OTT ad-supported services. Video gaming companies could offer premium-pricing for gaming subscription services, including access to esports events and original content.
– Major companies are also focusing on developing console-based games with high graphics quality, which therefore contributes to the growth of this segment. For instance, in July 2019, Amazon Game Studios announced a new “The Lord of the Rings” game, coming to consoles. The company has entered into a strategic partnership with Leyou Technologies and Middle-earth Enterprises to develop this game.
– Console developers are also focusing on the new product development to raise the bar of the competition in the market. For example, Microsoft is planning to launch Xbox Series X, which can face massive competition from the upcoming Sony PlayStation 5. These next-generation gaming console launches are likely to drive the segment’s growth in the MMORPG market.
North America to Witness Fastest Growth
– North America is expected to be the fastest-growing market for MMORPG gaming due to a significant rise in gaming across the United States and Canada population. According to the Enterprise Software Association, 60% of Americans play video games daily, and 56% of gamers play multiplayer games at least once a week.
– Further, in the United States, over 30% of consumers pay for gaming subscription services. The gaming ecosystem in the region is witnessing the increasing adoption of direct-to-consumer subscription services from technology enabling companies. Hollywood studios have created a competitive environment in the region.
– Major technology vendors in the North American region are investing in online gaming, which further drives the market growth in the region. For instance, in May 2020, Amazon ramped up its expansion into the MMORPG gaming industry with the release of “Crucible.” Further, Google LLC is also opening its in- house gaming studio in Montreal, Canada, to develop games for its Stadia streaming service. Apple launched the Arcade subscription services, and Facebook has been strengthening its foothold in VR games with two significant studio acquisitions in 2020.
– Presently, many entertainment businesses also acknowledge how MMORPG games, like Fortnite, which has attracted nearly 250 million gamers in less than two years, have become legitimate competitors. In the North American gaming ecosystem, at the same time, the rising adoption of direct-to-consumer subscription services from technology enabling companies and Hollywood studios have created a competitive environment in the region.
The MMORPG gaming market is fragmented in nature and comprises a large number of global and regional players. These players are majorly based in the Asia Pacific region and are focusing on expanding their consumer base. These gaming developers are investing more in the research and development activities to offer new solutions for gamers. The companies are also entering into strategic partnerships, and other organic & inorganic growth strategies to earn a competitive edge.
Some of the recent developments in the market are:
– July 2020 – Nexon Co. Ltd launched V4, a new AAA cross-platform MMORPG, on mobiles through the App Store and Google Play, globally. It is developed by NAT GAMES Co. Ltd, a consolidated subsidiary of Nexon. V4 is powered by Unreal Engine 4 and delivers console-quality graphics and a AAA gameplay experience on mobile. Also, Nexon’s official V4 PC client allows cross-play and progression with a mobile account.
– June 2020- Atari announced a partnership with Native Gaming and Black Dog Venture Partners to integrate the upcoming Atari Token in Native Gaming’s soon-to-launch MMORPG.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rising Smartphone Penetration and Increasing Penetration of Internet among Developing Economies
5.1.2 Technological Advancement such as IoT, AR, and VR
5.1.3 Emergence of Gamification
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Hardware and Connectivity Issue
5.2.2 Fraudulent Gaming Activities
6 IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON MMORPG GAMING MARKET
7 MARKET SEGMENTATION
7.1 By Gaming Platform
7.1.3 Gaming Console
7.2.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
7.2.3 Asia Pacific
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia Pacific
7.2.4 Latin America
184.108.40.206 Rest of Latin America
7.2.5 Middle East and Africa
220.127.116.11 United Arab Emirates
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East and Africa
8 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1 Company Profiles
8.1.1 Activision Blizzard, Inc.
8.1.2 Electronic Arts Inc.
8.1.3 Ubisoft Entertainment SA
8.1.4 NCSOFT Corporation
8.1.5 Giant Interactive Group Inc.
8.1.6 Tencent Holdings Limited
8.1.7 Amazon Game Studios
8.1.8 Nexon Co., Ltd.
8.1.9 Jagex Limited
8.1.10 Bright Star Studios
8.1.11 Daybreak Game Company
8.1.12 CCP games UK Ltd
8.1.13 Neteasegames Inc.
8.1.14 Aeria Games
8.1.15 Gravity Corporation
9 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
10 FUTURE OF THE MARKET