• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月10日
|Single User||￥620,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥693,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,095,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The massive multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) market was valued at USD 1.92 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach a value of USD 12.36 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 38% over the forecast period (2021-2026).
– The massive multiple-input and multiple-output (MIMO) technology is the most recent iteration of antennas. The wide range of advantages, such as increased range and 3D beamforming, may rapidly expand the adoption rates of this technology, especially in the advanced telecommunication markets, like North America and Europe.
– However, in the case of much higher demand zones of Asia Pacific, this technology is still in the testing phase and is limited to top-end commercial applications only.
– In recent years, the exponentially growing mobile devices for commercial use, coupled with the trend of bring-your-own-device (BYOD) to work, have created an enormous demand for high-speed Internet connections, which is expected to further propel the growth of the market.
– The evolution of LTE advanced and LTE advanced pro applications served the growing demand for high-speed Internet connections for quite a long time now. They stand to be the key technologies for implementing MIMO antennas in the current market scenario. However, with mobile network companies focusing on 5G preparedness, multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) is expected to drive the growth of the massive MIMO market over the forecast period.
– The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has compelled the industries in all sectors to either stop their manufacturing completely or grant work from homes to their employees. This has increased the usage of Internet for browsing online media content. Such factors are putting a burden on the existing networks. Therefore, it has become imperative for the players in the telecom industry to look for solutions, like MIMO, in order to provide uninterrupted services to their consumers.
Key Market Trends
Increasing 5G Deployment May Drive the Market Growth
– Massive MIMO is a key enabler of 5G’s extremely fast data rates, and it is also helping raise 5G’s potential to a new level. Massive MIMO is contributing to the increasing capacity by enabling 5G deployment in the higher frequency range in Sub-6 GHz (e.g., 3.5 GHz), as well as by employing MU-MIMO where multiple users are served with the same time and frequency resources.
– In February 2019, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd launched a solution that can help operators build a 5G network with better performance and user experience, simplified and fast deployment, and low operating cost. This solution is oriented to diversified deployment scenarios, such as traditional macro, antenna limited, street hotspots, and indoor. It contains serialized 5G Massive MIMO, LampSite, Book RRU, etc.
– Moreover, companies are investing in the development of 5G core services and architecture, which is further boosting the massive MIMO market. For instance, ZTE Corporation, in January 2019, completed the IMT-2020 third phase of the 5G test for core network performance stability and security function, thoroughly verifying the maturity of ZTE’s 5G core network.
North America Occupies a Significant Market Share
– North America is considered to be the most advanced market for mobile communications and MIMO technology in the world. According to GSMA, the number of unique mobile subscribers in the United States was 281 million in 2019, and it is expected to increase by up to 297 million by 2025.
– In the United States, major players, such as AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint, account for nearly 95% of all subscriptions. With most of these companies investing heavily in 5G technology, massive MIMO is expected to witness an increased rate of adoption in this region, during the forecast period.
– Moreover, collaborations between companies, like Verizon and Ericsson, and T-Mobile and Sprint, to implement massive MIMO technologies to future-proof their companies are the major factors driving the growth of massive MIMO in the region.
The massive multiple-input, multiple-output (MIMO) market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of many large players in the market. The market appears to be moderately concentrated, with the major players adopting strategies, like product innovation and merger and acquisition. Some of the major players in the market are Verizon Communications Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, and Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd, among others.
– Oct 2020 – ZTE Corporation,has signed a partnership with MTN Zambia, a leading telecommunications operator in the Middle East and Africa, to construct a cross-border Optical Transmission Network backbone in Zambia. This partnership will help expand network of ZTE.
– Sept 2020- NEC Corporation along with Fujitsu Limited and announced today that they have achieved what they believe to be the world’s first carrier aggregation using 5G frequency bands in a multi-vendor radio access network (RAN). This would help increase future market profitability.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing number of Mobile Devices
5.1.2 Increasing 5G Deployment
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 High Cost of Equipment
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Technology
6.2 By Type of Antenna
6.2.4 128T128R and Above
6.3.1 North America
6.3.3 Asia Pacific
6.3.4 Rest of the World
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles*
7.1.1 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
7.1.2 Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
7.1.3 Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
7.1.4 Nokia Corporation
7.1.5 ZTE Corporation
7.1.6 Texas Instruments Incorporated
7.1.7 Qorvo Inc.
7.1.8 NEC Corporation
7.1.9 Qualcomm Technologies Inc.
7.1.10 Intel Corporation
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 FUTURE OF THE MARKET