• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年1月
|Single User||￥552,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥617,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥975,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The solid-state relay market is expected to register a CAGR of 5% over the forecast period (2021 – 2025). A solid-state relay is an electronic switching device that uses the electrical and optical properties of solid-state semiconductors to switch on or off when a small external voltage is applied across its control terminals. They are mostly used to avoid any significant accidents or flashovers as it trips the circuit breaker when a fault is detected and prevents damage to the central system. These do not have moving parts, unlike electromechanical relay, to wear out, and thus, they have a long self-life.
– The demand for low-cost, accurate, small-size, bounce less operation and long self-life of protective systems have increased during the last decade in industrial, automotive, energy and infrastructure, healthcare, and building equipment. Increase demand to upgrade the power infrastructure in developed countries to reduce the heat generation through thermal dissipation with the usage of solid-state relays is expected to drive the market.
– In addition, the higher penetration of the Internet of Things has propelled the development of smart grids for smart cities. The smart grids work on advanced technologies to modernize electricity networks, extending from the end user to distribution and transmission. They use two layers of the relay (AC power relay and solid-state relay) in the smart meters to reduce the heat dissipation. According to the IEA report, smart meter deployment has advanced considerably in recent years, as China is in the midst of the full deployment, and Japan, Spain, and France are poised to achieve full rollouts in the next few years.
– Moreover, in 2020, Ameren, one of the largest utility companies in the United States, announced that it plans to spend USD 7.6 billion on a five-year grid modernization plan that includes the installation of smart meters for more than 1.2 million customers. It will develop solar energy and battery storage in rural areas and switch to storm-resilient utility poles and wires.
– The solid-state relay ensures wear-free, silent, and extremely fast switching operations and meets the mechanical as well as electrical demand of the automotive industry, and thus, is suitable for automotive applications, especially in electric vehicles. Growing modernization of electric vehicles and lenient governmental policies are driving the sales of electric vehicles, which, in turn, is fueling the solid-state relay market. It is the integrated component of the switching network in the electric car’s battery. The cell-measurement system comprises of switching array of solid states relay that blocks higher threshold voltage, and helps in heat management and offers overcurrent protection to the battery.
– The cost of a solid-state relay is significantly higher than that of electromechanical relay and can hamper the growth of the market. However, the ongoing technological advancements are expected to reduce the price of the product that will boost its application in the future.
– Further, the increasing spread of COVID-19 has put most of the countries under temporary lockdown. It has affected many construction and manufacturing industries that will slightly hamper the growth of solid-state relay in the future. Moreover, it has lowered the consumer’s purchasing power and has induced the 2020 recession that will disrupt the automotive, consumer electronics, semiconductor, and IT infrastructure businesses worldwide.
Key Market Trends
Industrial Automation Segment to Witness Significant Growth
– Since its introduction, the Solid state relay technology has gained acceptance in many areas that had previously been the sole domain of the EMR or the Contractor. The major growth areas have come from Industrial Process Control applications; particularly heat/cool temperature control, motors, lamps, solenoids, valves and transformers.
– Solid state relays are compatible with a variety of control systems and are immune to magnetic noise; their solid-state nature means they mount in various orientation and they are also impervious to heavy vibration, which makes them a perfect fit for automation in industries.
– Virginia-based Weidmuller offers the TERMOPTO solid-state relay modules, which are used in industrial applications where electrical isolation and signal conditioning is sufficient. The highly compact solid-state relays in modular terminal block design is used for simple decoupling of digital signals.
– Some of the electric-motor applications of solid state relays are
– On the motors of large conveyor belts or assembly lines with the potential to jam
– On industrial motor blowers for commercial ovens at risk of being overworked should a door be left ajar
– On motors subject to overcurrent conditions or incorrect starting currents
– On neglected motors and those attached to wearing mechanical components exhibiting excessive friction
– On general-purpose electric motors subject to high-temperature environments
North America is Expected to Gain Significant Market Share
– The solid-state replay market in North America is expected to have a significant growth due to the increasing investment in the manufacturing of electronic devices and equipment used in various industries, as well as the increase in the number of data centers and power plants across the United States and Canada.
– Solid-state relay is employed in various industrial process control systems such as power storage battery, smart grid, solar power plants, and quick charger stations to protect the central system from excessive current flow.
– Ongoing development in the automotive sector and the growing sensitivity of various governments toward a cleaner environment has flooded the road of North America with electric vehicles. According to the Department of Energy (DOE) reports 2019, there are more than 68,800 Level 2 and DC fast charging units throughout the United States and out of that 16% are DC fast chargers that make long-distance travel more practical for electric vehicles as compare to 16,000 public electric vehicle charging stations in 2017.
– California has the maximum number of electric vehicle charging units (22,620) and represents about a third of the nationwide share. Hence, the rapid adoption of electric vehicles has fueled the demand for solid-state relay impressively and also promises a great opportunity ahead.
– Solar electricity is now the fastest-growing energy source around the world and according to the International Energy Agency (IEA) report, by 2050 solar power could account for 27% of the world’s electricity mix, making it the world’s largest source of electricity, ahead of nuclear, fossil fuels, hydro and wind. Canada’s solar electricity sector is growing at a rapid pace due to the success of Ontario’s solar project, which contributes almost 99% of countries’ solar electricity. For instance, in 2019, Ontario Power Generation (OPG) has completed the Nanticoke solar project, built at the former Nanticoke Generating Station site, generates 44 MW of solar energy.
The solid-state relay market is highly competitive and is dominated by a few major players like Rockwell Automation Inc., Alstom Power, ABB Ltd, General Electric, and Omron Corporation. These major players, with a prominent share in the market, are focusing on expanding their customer base across foreign countries. These companies are leveraging strategic collaborative initiatives to increase their market share hence, profitability. However, with technological advancements and product innovations, mid-size to smaller companies are increasing their market presence by securing new contracts and by tapping new markets.
– March 2020 – Fujitsu announced its plan to launch a new company that combines its divisions in charge of the business with local government, medical and educational institutions in Japan with Fujitsu Marketing Ltd. The company aims to expand its domestic business in the Japanese service market, where it holds the top share. It accelerates the advancement of ICT in local governments, medical institutions, educational institutions, and second-tier, small and medium-sized enterprise customers in the private sector. The new company will launch on July 1st. It will play a key role in accelerating the creation of new business while and efforts to resolve a variety of social issues confronting local communities.
– March 2020 – Alstom has contracted with Romanian state rail carrier to provide digital train control, traffic management, and electrification infrastructure as part of the rehabilitation and modernization of a section of the European Rhine-Danube rail corridor in Romania. It covers the modernization of approximately 170 kilometers of railway infrastructure for passenger trains operating at up to 160 km/h. It includes infrastructure and superstructure rehabilitation, electrification, signaling and telecommunication systems, including GSM-R, as well as civil works. The project is expected to last four years.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increased Investment in Renewable Energy Sources
4.2.2 Elevated Requirement of Power Savings in the Residential and Industrial Sectors
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 High Cost of the Solid-state Relay Compared to Electromechanical Relay
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Industry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Panel Mount
5.1.2 PCB Mount
5.1.3 DIN Rail Mount
5.2.1 AC Solid State Relay, , and
5.2.2 DC Solid State Relay
5.2.3 AC/DC Output Relay
5.3.1 Energy and Infrastructure
5.3.2 Industrial OEM
5.3.3 Building Equipment
5.3.4 Food and Beverages
5.3.5 Automotive and Transportation
5.3.6 Industrial Automation
5.4.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.4.3 Asia Pacific
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia Pacific
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Rockwell Automation Inc.
6.1.2 ABB Ltd
6.1.3 Alstom Power
6.1.4 Sensata Technologies
6.1.5 General Electric
6.1.6 Omron Corporation
6.1.7 Fujitsu Limited
6.1.8 Teledyne Relays Inc.
6.1.9 Avago Technologies Ltd
6.1.10 Omega Engineering Inc.
6.1.11 Crydom Inc.
6.1.12 Celduc Relais.
6.1.14 Mitsubishi Electric
6.1.15 NR Electric
6.1.16 IXYS Integrated Circuits
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS