• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年1月
|Single User||￥552,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥617,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥975,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The Smart Mining Market was valued at USD 8 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 24.23 billion by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 20.40% over the forecast period 2021 – 2026. Mining is a resource critical industry, where the ability to remotely monitor personnel and control equipment can have a significant impact.
– Numerous mining operations have begun to partner with technology companies to invent creative solutions for deploying wireless networks underground. Along the way, they’re keeping better track of employees and equipment, increasing safety, improving maintenance, and boosting efficiencies.
– From an application on a mobile device, supervisors at mine sites can receive the alerts via email, SMS, or in-app notifications. This helps the supervisors to react to critical problems that are occurring in real-time and help in the maximization of productivity.
– Furthermore, advanced data analytics are being applied to the raw data to create visualizations, insights, and recommendations. This information is then delivered to mine managers and employees in real-time on their mobile devices.
– For instance, Dundee Precious Metals was one of the first mining companies to introduce wireless network technology into an underground mine. The company utilized RFID and Wi-Fi technology to monitor the location of people and equipment. The networks also acted as a means of surveillance as they allowed the person to stay connected to the surface.
– The Mining industry is suffering from a skilled labor shortage. The shallow talent pool has made it complicated for mining companies to hire new employees with the technical skills required to work on new energy sources. Moreover, in the wake of COVID-19 outbreak and industries shut down, the situation is expected to drive the mining companies to improve their production efficiency which in turn is expected to drive the demand for smart mining solutions.
Key Market Trends
System Integration is Expected to have Significant Share
– The integration of IoT and smart systems is being undertaken to replace the legacy parts of the systems. This practice is making the operations in these industries much more accessible, productive, and efficient.
– Nowadays, IoT adoption can also depend on how the integration unfolds, in the existing mines. For instance, the proper integration of radiofrequency technology and wireless sensor network can enhance the safety inside the mines. As smarter technologies and IoT devices are adopted in the sector, the need for advanced integration systems is projected to grow simultaneously.
– In December 2018, ABB expanded its ABB AbilityTM system 800xA power control library (formerly MIDAS library) software, to integrate more options, in order to communicate with and control electrical devices throughout the power infrastructure, for mining and mineral processing operations. It helps in integrating the PLC connect functionality, to extend power automation beyond IEC 61850 devices and infrastructure.
North America to Hold Major Share
– The discovery of shale formations, coupled with the global dependency on oil and gas resources, has created an unprecedented pace in the development of mining activities, especially in the oil and gas sector.
– Some of the prominent players operating across the region, are focusing on providing real-time analysis with the evolution of the Internet. For instance, Cisco connected mining helps to gain real-time visibility into each step of the mining and production process, accurately monitor output, equipment, worker location, and security.
– Wencolite fleet management has streamlined equipment assignment, payload compliance, dispatch, equipment health monitoring. Hence, providing easy-to-access on mine or quarry for a more productive and even safer operation.
– Latest technological breakthroughs have aided the advancement of new smart mining systems, which can make the overall processes more efficient and significantly improve accuracy in various services and solutions.
The smart mining market has been gaining a competitive edge in the recent years. Major players include Cisco Systems Inc., SAP SE, Rockwell Automation Inc., among others. Few recent developments are:
– June 2019 – Cisco introduced a new networking technology purpose-built to withstand the rigors of the harshest of environments, while providing IT and OT teams with intent-based networking capabilities to scale and accelerate IoT projects.
– June 2019 – AppDynamics, a Cisco company working in application intelligence, announced the AppDynamics Integration Partner Program, a new partnership program that simplifies the rapidly expanding technology ecosystem for enterprises, through strategic collaboration with leading technology companies.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumption and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing emphasis on worker safety & health
5.1.2 Rising adoption of wireless monitoring and centralized solutions among several large mining installations
5.1.3 Technological advancements and convergence of various digital transformation practices
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Operational & cost challenges remain a concern in the emerging regions
5.3 Market Opportunities
5.3.1 Initial success of connected mining installations
5.4 Key Application Areas & Case Studies in the Mining Industry
5.4.1 Worker Safety & Health (Shanxi region – China)
5.4.2 Cost Reduction & Efficiency (Rio Tinto – Australia)
5.4.3 Remote Monitoring (Dundee Metals – Bulgaria)
5.4.4 Critical Asset Protection (Gold Corp – Canada)
5.5 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Solution
6.1.1 Smart Control System
6.1.2 Smart Asset Management
6.1.3 Safety and Security System
6.1.4 Data Management and Analytics Software
6.1.5 Monitoring System
6.1.6 Other Solutions
6.2 By Service Type
6.2.1 System Integration
6.2.2 Consulting Service
6.2.3 Engineering and Maintenance
6.3 By Mining Type
6.3.1 Underground Mining
6.3.2 Surface Mining
6.4.1 North America
6.4.4 Latin America
6.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Cisco Systems Inc.
7.1.2 Wenco International Mining Systems Ltd.
7.1.3 SAP SE
7.1.4 Rockwell Automation Inc.
7.1.5 Komatsu Mining Corporation (Joy Global)
7.1.6 Symboticware Inc.
7.1.7 ABB Ltd
7.1.8 Trimble Inc.
7.1.9 IBM Corporation
7.1.10 Atlas Copco
7.1.11 Outotec OYJ
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 FUTURE OF THE MARKET