• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月20日
|Single User||￥552,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥617,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥975,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The semiconductor in the healthcare market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 10.2% during the forecast period (2021 – 2026). The collaboration and integration of semiconductor electronics with medical/healthcare applications are proliferating, focusing on patient centricity. Conventional techniques of diagnosis and resultant therapies are becoming less invasive and more effective. Intelligent, connected portable devices keep patients out of hospitals and monitored in the comfort of their own homes (telemonitoring). Semiconductor technology has an essential role in these innovations.
– Application-specific Integrated Circuit (IC) is used nowadays in implantable medical devices, which can supply therapy for several conditions such as pain management, epilepsy, psychological disorders. A medical IC can be used in devices programmed to deliver drugs on a more productive way to effectively treat and relieve patient’s conditions with very few side effects.
– The upcoming trend of patient care is moving away from hospitals and clinics and into homes. As home care can help enhance efficiency and lower costs incurred by doctors, the healthcare providers and hospitals are using this. This process can be accelerated by portable medical electronics technology. Some of the components used in portable home-based and consumer medical devices are Bio-sensors or bio transducers, Power management: system power control, and power sequencing. Microcontrollers, all of which extensively use semiconductors.
– Also, the increasing number of people suffering from diabetes is significantly supporting the growth of semiconductors in healthcare. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), around 422 million people have diabetes worldwide, and the number is increasing, leading to an increase in the sales of a glucometer. The demand for digital and electronic devices in the healthcare sector has been a huge factor that has impacted and supported market growth. For instance, In February 2020, UNC School of Medicine and MIT developed a smart insulin-delivery patch that could one day monitor and manage glucose levels in diabetics and deliver the necessary insulin dosage.
– Further, the growing aging population, as a result of increased life expectancy rates across regions, creates a scope for medical device manufacturers. The advent of novel products, due to advancements in biopharmaceutical and biology, supported by the requirements for better compliance, is expected to further drive the growth of the market.
– Additionally, The spread of COVID-19 has helped in aiding market growth. This is because of the increased use of infrared thermometer and oximeters, which are non-invasive methods for monitoring temperature and oxygen saturation levels. Countries like India have made it mandatory to COVID-19 cases in home isolation to record their oxygen saturation levels daily with pulse oximeters. The cost of oximeters has also seen a rapid decline in the country, leading to market growth.
Key Market Trends
Consumer Medical Electronics to Witness Significant Growth
– The use of sensor and other wireless technologies are being used for applications such as remote patient monitoring. Wireless technology and sensors enable connected devices to provide a whole new world of remote patient monitoring and virtual service delivery. A wide range of solutions are still in the development phase to harness data from these connected devices and other electronic ecosystems to enable better patient care.
– Scientists at the Khalifa University Semiconductor Research Center are putting the finishing touches to a device they hope will predict a heart attack hours, or even days before it happens. It is a wearable bracelet, powered by body heat and constantly monitor irregular heart patterns in patients who have had an attack before. The device consists of a sensor, processor, and wireless chip that transmits data to a mobile phone or healthcare provider. With the increasing connected wearable devices across the globe, the market is further expected to grow.
– Over the forecast period, web-integrated wireless devices are also expected to witness a rise in the use to manage doctor-patient interactions, and digital diagnostic tools might enable remote examinations, which is also expected to aid the integration of semiconductors in the healthcare industry.
Asia Pacific is Expected to Witness High Growth
– The Asia-pacific region is expected to expand at a healthy rate during the forecast period. Major factors supporting the growth are increasing investments in research and innovation centers, government programs, and governmental policies favoring the IT healthcare equipment and devices markets. Moreover, the region is the biggest market for semiconductors across the globe with countries like China, Japan, India, Taiwan, South Korea, and Singapore, contributing to the growth of the healthcare segment.
– The prevalence of diabetes in China has increased drastically over the past few decades. According to Diabetes UK, The number of people with diabetes in China is estimated to be 1 in 10 out of Chinese adults. This is causing an increase in sales of glucometer and other glucose monitoring devices. Moreover, China’s State Council’ 2014 “National Integrated Circuit Industry Development Guidelines” set the goal of becoming a global leader in all segments of the semiconductor industry by 2030. Besides, the Made in China 2025 initiative maintains achieving the knowledge with regards to advanced semiconductor manufacturing as a vital component of China’s future economy and society
– South Korea is one of the major investors, consumers, and innovators in the market studied. South Korea’s strong presence in the semiconductor industry and medical device manufacturing is helping the country strengthen its presence in the global healthcare semiconductor market. The government is also playing a significant role in developing the domestic market, mainly to drive its economy. For instance, the South Korean government has long encouraged investment in its digital healthcare industry to tackle the rising medical costs and ensure the sustainability of world-class advanced healthcare. The country’s medical industry is already witnessing the massive adoption of AI technologies, helping them in combating COVID-19 cases.
– The country is utilizing AI in its pharmaceutical industry, which is further expected to expand the market studied growth. According to government data, the Korean market for AI-driven drug development is expected to grow by 40% annually to reach USD 3.9 billion in 2024.
The semiconductors in the healthcare market are highly competitive, owing to the presence of many large players in the market. The market appears to be fragmented, and the competitive dynamics in the market are expected to rise during the upcoming years with more investment in R & D for more innovative healthcare devices. Some of the major players include Texas Instruments Incorporated, Analog Devices Inc., STMicroelectronics, Broadcom Inc., among others.
– February 2020 – NXP Semiconductors NV released the new JN5189 and JN5188 IEEE 802.15.4 wireless microcontrollers (MCUs) that deliver ultra-low-power connected intelligence Zigbee 3.0 and Thread applications. An Arm® Cortex powers the JN5188 and JN5189 devices ®-M4 running at 48MHz and include up to 640KB of onboard flash and 152KB SRAM, providing storage space and flexibility for complex applications and software over-the-air (OTA) updates.
– May 2019 – Analog Devices Inc. announced a new electrochemical and impedance measurement front end. It enables the next generation of vital sign monitoring devices and intelligent electrochemical sensors. The AD5940 analog front end incorporates both potentiostat and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS) functionality on a single chip, allowing for sensor measurement in both time and frequency domains.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview (followed by Impact of COVID-19 on the market)
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Market Drivers
4.4.1 Growth of Connected Devices in Medicines
4.4.2 The Need for Technology for Better Medical Care
4.5 Market Challenges
4.5.1 Revamp of the Existing Hardware and High Equipment Cost of the End Use Product
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Application
5.1.1 Portable and Telehealth Monitoring
5.1.2 Consumer Medical Electronics
5.1.3 Medical Imaging
5.1.4 Clinical, Diagnostics, and Therapy
5.2 By Component
5.2.1 Integrated Circuits
5.2.4 Discrete Components
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Texas Instruments Incorporated
6.1.2 Semiconductor Components Industries LLC (ON Semiconductor)
6.1.3 Analog Devices Inc.
6.1.4 Maxim Integrated Products Inc.
6.1.6 NXP Semiconductors NV
6.1.7 Broadcom Inc.
6.1.8 ams AG
6.1.9 Vishay Intertechnology Inc.
6.1.10 Renesas Electronics Corporation
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 FUTURE OF THE MARKET