• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月20日
|Single User||￥552,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥617,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥975,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The safety motion control market was valued at USD 14.85 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 21.99 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 5.65% over the forecast period (2021 – 2026). The growing trend of automation, increasing adoption of digital technologies, and stringent government regulation regarding industry safety are some of the major factors driving the investment in the safety motion control market.
– Major motion control products for automation solutions are motion controllers, drives, motors, and robotics. Motion control systems are being used to automate processes, and more companies are turning to robotics and conveyor systems to achieve higher efficiency margins in assembly and production. Therefore, various motors are used in these applications to control the process.
– The ongoing trend in industrial automation and rules and regulations regarding energy reserves demands more safety motion control products. Vendors witnessed increasing investments in this arena via multiple product launches, acquiring IIoT software-based companies, and collaborations.
– The increasing adoption of Industrial IoT(IIoT) and the growing number of smart factories are further expanding the growth of the market studied. Smart factories are becoming a significant adopter of safety motion control products, as safety products are the principal architect of smart factories. Besides, the industrial IoT further increased the need and demand for connected machines in the industries. These connected machines alone are not enough to accomplish pure digital transformation; hence, organizations are developing a seamless ecosystem of humans and machines, performing optimized, end-to-end processes.
– Additionally, The increasing trend of warehouse automation and growth in trends, such as digital twin, edge computing, and predictive manufacturing, is also developing space for advanced safety motion control devices. Robots have become a major automation trend across the world. In advanced automotive manufacturing, robots have become a major component. Companies, like Amazon, are also heavily increasing, and robots, like collaborative robots, and AGVs are also becoming the center of attraction in the manufacturing industry.
– COVID-19 pandemic has created an economic turmoil for small, medium, and large-scale industries worldwide. Additionally, the country-wise lockdown has further hit many manufacturing industries. This has fluctuated the demand for safety motion control devices across some sectors. However, the impact of the COVID-19 crisis forced the businesses to adhere to strict requirements to ensure the ongoing safety of their employees and their machines. As a result, the need for automation witnessed a sudden spike.
Key Market Trends
Automotive Industry to Witness Huge Demand
– The demand for safety motion control systems in the automotive industry has seen a marked increase due to the developments in the manufacturing and assembly processes of HCV’s and high-end motor vehicles.
– High-end motion controllers are used in the automotive industry for controlling the movements of mechanical parts in the production process. Safety motion control systems are extensively used during the manufacturing of major components, like engines and driver assistance systems.
– All the important automotive suppliers have been relying on motion control systems to optimize their production chains through actuators and robotic arms. Furthermore, assembling and maintenance processes are also witnessing increased adoption of safety motion control systems.
– For instance, vehicle assembly (an exhaustive process requiring high levels of precision and throughput) has been using safety control systems widely for performing repetitive tasks for using minimal resources.
– Moreover, the increase in the production of automobile vehicles is expected to drive the motion controller market. According to the Motion Control and Motor Association, the global motion control and the motor market experienced record growth in 2018, with USD 3.827 billion in shipments, increasing by 8% from 2017. The largest categories within the overall market were motors (40%), actuators and mechanical systems (19%), and electronic drives (17%).
– Owing to the ongoing recession in automotive manufacturing was further hit by nation-wide lockdown, which could also result in a decrease in demand for some vendors for the short term. For instance, Germany-based Siemens AG’s orders for the Digital Industries segment declined from EUR 16,287 million, in 2018, to EUR 15,944 million in 2019, a decrease of 4%, largely as a result of weakened demand in the motion control and short-cycle factory automation businesses. To which company faced adverse market conditions during the fiscal year 2019, particularly in the automotive and machine-building industries. However, the crisis is also expected to create new opportunities and revenue streams in the market.
Asia-Pacific to Witness Fastest Growth
– Due to the growing adoption of automation across the various end-user industries in the region, Asia-Pacific is emerging as one of the most significant safety motion control devices. The energy concern in the region is also increasing the adoption of advanced tools and motivating many companies to invest in machine safety devices, further driving the growth market.
– The region is also a manufacturing hub for many global markets, and automation has become a major requirement in these facilities. Manufacturing is a major contributor to China’s economy, and it is undergoing a rapid transformation. The country’s industrial control system has emerged across various fields, like the energy, transportation, water, and municipal sectors. Due to the deep integration and rapid development of the IoT, the networked control system is becoming the development trend of industrial automation in China.
– Additionally, Initiatives like industry 4.0 and ‘Made in China 2025’ in China, further fueled the market growth to ensure efficiency in the motor controls and aid in easy integration with advanced technologies.
– Also, the emerging economies such as India offers vast potential for the studied market vendors. The country is regarded as a newly industrialized landscape due to increasing investment in advanced technologies, turning out to be a preferred manufacturing hub. The country plans to achieve 175 GW of installed renewable capacity, which includes solar and wind power by 2022, driving the market for machine condition monitoring and safety control. The country plans to derive 40% of the energy from renewable sources by 2030, at 15% at present.
The safety motion control market is highly fragmented. The increasing number of players are boosting their share of the motion control drive market through strategic mergers and acquisitions and partnerships with several small players. Some of the key players in the market include Rockwell Automation Inc., ABB Ltd, Schneider Electric SE, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, General Electric Co., SICK Group, and Siemens AG.
– Jan 2020 – Rockwell Inc announced the launch of new motor protection circuit breakers that offer space, time, and cost savings. The circuit breakers are enabled by UL approval for use in group installation. This type of installation can reduce panel space, installation and wiring time, and overall costs, by eliminating the need for individual branch shortcircuit protective devices for each motor circuit.
– May 2019 – Mitsubishi Electric Automation introduces interactive cycle insertion screens compatible with Renishaw GoProbe Macros on M8 series CNC Controls.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.4 Assessment of the Impact of COVID -19 on the Industry
4.5 Market Drivers
4.5.1 Stringent Regulation Regarding Safety
4.5.2 Increasing Automation and Increasing Investment in Advance Automation Tool
4.6 Market Restraints
4.6.1 Installation Costs and Data Security Concern
5 TECHNOLOGY SNAPSHOT
6 INDUSTRY POLICIES AND REGULATIONS
7 MARKET SEGMENTATION
7.1.3 Other Components
7.2 End-user Industry
7.2.2 Energy and Power
7.2.3 Oil and Gas
7.2.4 Aerospace and Defense
7.2.5 Food and Beverage
7.2.7 Other End-user Industries
7.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
7.3.3 Asia Pacific
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia Pacific
7.3.4 Latin America
184.108.40.206 Rest of Latin America
7.3.5 Middle East and Africa
220.127.116.11 United Arab Emirates
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East and Africa
8 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1 Company Profiles
8.1.1 ABB Ltd
8.1.2 General Electric Co.
8.1.3 Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
8.1.4 Rockwell Automation Inc.
8.1.5 Schneider Electric SE
8.1.6 SICK Group
8.1.7 Siemens AG
8.1.8 Pilz GmbH & Co. KG
9 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
10 FUTURE OF THE MARKET