• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月15日
|Single User||￥552,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥617,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥975,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The pallets market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period (2021 – 2026). As supply chains become steadily global and customers demand greater transparency as to how products and materials move through them. So by embedding RFID chips directly into pallet materials, it is possible to track and trace individual pallets in real-time. Pallet tracking can help businesses manage recalls and expiration dates, minimizing product loss and getting items to their end-users in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
– Increasing demand for plastic pallets across the industry verticals is driving the market. From the past three decades, wooden pallets have been adopted due to their strength and easy manufacturing process, however it has many disadvantages such as less durability, moisture absorption, and its splinter break easily. Nowadays logistic and shipment companies are shifting towards plastic pallets owing to its advantage such as lightweight and environmental friendly, and growing awareness to reduce carbon footprint is also increasing the plastic pallet demand. Also the demand for HDPE material is increasing in the automotive and shipping industry, due its ability to handle heavy loads. HDPE disposable plastic pallet are extensively used in the food and beverage industry as they are resistant to organic and inorganic chemicals at normal temperature. According to Woodworking Network, the demand of plastic pallet in United States is increasing yearly at a high growth rate. The demand is expected to increase to 43.4 million units till end 2019 from 41.5 million units in 2018 in all industry verticals.
– Adoption of pallets for transportation purpose drives the market. The freight industry entails firms that move bulk goods as part of an integrated, multimodal logistics network. According to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), the global freight volumes will expand more than fourfold by 2025, and road freight dominates the segment, controlling nearly one-third of the total global logistics spend. For instance, motorcycle is an example of a product where the use of pallets is highly required. It cannot steadily stand by itself because its base is composed of 2 wheels and relying on a motorcycle stand would not assure that it would not fall especially when inside a running cargo truck. Mounting the product on a pallet and tightly strapping it on prevent it from falling and bumping to other valuable product. So, due to increasing freight volumes, the demand of pallets will continue to increase in future.
– Limiting availability and high price of raw materials for manufacturing pallets is the reason which restraints the market growth. As the market is captured by wooden pallet, and these are made by lumber, often fluctuations in the prices challenges the market to grow. Lumber prices typically rise in the spring as builders stock up for construction season and also due to bad weather and less penetration towards home building, the prices fluctuates.
Key Market Trends
Wood Holds the Significant Share in The Market
– Wooden pallets play important roles in the movement of safe, effective transport and storage platforms throughout the handling and distribution process worldwide. Although there are standardized versions, pallets are produced in many sizes and configurations to accommodate different handling equipment (generally forklifts), and cargoes.
– Pallet construction is becoming more standardized in many countries. For instance, in Europe with a migration to the EUR pallet (specified by European Pallet Association) the most prevalent size of wood pallet is 800mm x 1,200mm unit. However, wooden pallet sizes and designs are much less standardized in North America, where most pallets in use are custom-designed to suit transport and shipping configurations.
– Over 70% of all wood pallets are now recycled, which is a much higher recycling rate than for aluminum, paper, or plastic. Also, trees are usually not cut down to make pallets. The wood which is used for pallets is a by-product of the timber used in the construction of houses and furniture.
– According to Rose Pallet company, U.S. industry harvests 42% of the annual growth in hardwood timber that are biologically available to harvest, and each day there are more than 1.8 billion pallets in service in the United States, where 93% of these pallets are made from wood, and rental pallets are mostly provided by CHEP and PECO company. Moreover in North America, food and beverage industries are the largest users of pallets followed by the chemical and pharma industries, and then agriculture.
– Meanwhile, in April 2018, CHEP announced that its 40×24 inch pooled (shared and reused) half pallets have achieved carbon neutral status. This makes CHEP’s half pallet the first and only CarbonNeutral® certified pooled platform in North America.
– However, competition from substitute products such as plastic and steel pallets and the fragmented nature of the industry is giving challenge in the growth in United States. But industry could benefit from adopting better supply chain management practices in their strategic planning and operations, both to ensure supply of raw materials and ensure better service to customers
Asia-Pacific Account for Significant Market Growth
– Pallet utilization is anticipated to be high in Asia-Pacific during the forecast years. The region shows the highest adoption of plastic and wooden pallets for massive imports and exports of goods. Countries such as Japan, China, and India are likely to be the most progressive markets in the forecast years.
– Within Asia, the two most popular pallet sizes are the square 1100mm x 1100mm pallet and the 1200mm x 1000mm pallet. Both are among the six ISO-approved pallet sizes, although the 1200mm x 1000mm pallet is better suited for export from Asia-Pacific to Europe and the United States as these dimensions integrate nicely into both regions’ systems.
– For instance, Loscam Asia pallet presents the standard pallet for retailers, manufacturers, and distributors across the Asian region. The ECR-nominated size of 1m x 1.2m (1,200mm x 1,000mm) four-way-entry pallet has been benefited in revolutionizing supply chains in Asia, bringing the inherent benefits of standardization to warehousing, transport, product handling, product integrity, and safety.
– Plastic pallets are regular within the automotive, dairy, pharmaceutical, and beverage industries, where plastic pallets make up 50% or more of the reusable pallet pools in some Asian countries.
– For instance, DIC’s chemical operations enclose downstream business segments, such as plastic molding and the company is expanding and diversifying its plastic pallet operations. The plastic pallet has been a part of DIC’s product lineup for over 35 years, and the company’s product reflects a good sale in Japan, where they are sold under the name of DIC PALLET. DIC also started to expand its plastic pallet operations in South East Asia and is currently considered one of the world’s leading suppliers in these regions.
The pallets market is fragmented in nature due to the presence of several small and large manufacturers who compete against one another in terms of prices and quality. Key players are Falkenhahn AG, CABKA Group GmbH, CHEP, etc. Recent developments in the market are –
– Oct 2019 – Craemer Group launched a facility for plastics injection molding at Hortonwood West in Telford, Great Britain. It is the second plastics facility in Craemer Group in Telford for the production of wheelie bins, pallets and storage, and transport containers. The Group is investing Pound 25 million in the new site including large machinery to add new products to Craemer UK’s portfolio, which is a range of four-wheeled commercial waste bins and pallet boxes.
– Feb 2019 – Farmers’ Fresh Mushrooms, based in British Columbia harvests 30 million pounds of mushrooms every year annually, making it one of the largest mushroom producers in the Pacific Northwest and Western Canada. To provide fast, fresh delivery to retail and wholesale customers, Farmers’ Fresh is planning to convert 40,000 whitewood pallets to CHEP’s pooled 48×40 pallets. Under this new agreement for 40,000 CHEP pallets, Farmers’ Fresh will conceive eight years of sustainability savings in one year, with an expected annual reduction of 22,540 pounds of solid waste and 17,008 pounds of CO2, which is the equivalent of eliminating 28,641 kilometers driven by an average passenger vehicle yearly.
– Sep 2018 – ORBIS launched Grocery Pallet to its 40 x 48 XpressPal family of pallets. This XP Grocery pallet is designed to ship finished goods from distribution centers to retail in grocery supply chains. Grocery and foodservice industries continue to evolve, and the XP Grocery pallet is a versatile and reliable pallet option. According to ORBIS, this latest addition to the XpressPal family provides a nestable fully hygienic pallet option that features a new design and innovative features for handling high-demand products, such as fresh food.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Increasing Demand for Plastic Pallets Across the Industry Verticals
4.3.2 Adoption of Pallets for Transportation Purpose
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Limiting Availability and High Cost of Raw Materials
4.5 Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.3 Other Types
5.2.1 Transportation & Warehousing
5.2.2 Food & Beverage
5.2.5 Other End-Users
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Falkenhahn AG
6.1.2 CABKA Group GmbH
6.1.3 CHEP (Commonwealth Handling Equipment Pool)
6.1.4 Palettes Gestion Services
6.1.5 PalletOne, Inc.
6.1.6 Schoeller Allibert Group B.V.
6.1.7 The Corrugated Pallets Company
6.1.8 ORBIS Corporation
6.1.9 Craemer Holding GmbH
6.1.10 Rehrig Pacific Company, Inc.
6.1.11 World Steel Pallet Co.,Ltd
6.1.12 Arrington Lumber & Pallet Co. Inc.
6.1.13 LCN, Inc.
6.1.14 Loscam Australia Pty Ltd
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS