• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月15日
|Single User||￥487,500 (USD3,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥552,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥910,000 (USD7,000)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The Nordic Commerical Printing Market is expected to register a growth at a CAGR of 2.27% over the forecast period (2021-2026). Technological proliferation along with rising applications across multiple end-use segments is anticipated to encourage the demand for commercial printing prints on materials such as business forms, financial printing, and training manuals in the Nordic countries. Advertising and the product needs of business customers drive demand for high-quality printing jobs.
– Commercial printing covers a broad range of materials including product manuals, catalogs, direct mail, books, and transactional purposes. For large print-runs, offset printing – which includes the creation of print plates – remains the principal means. However, there is a burgeoning requirement for digital printing, which does not need plates and is nimble enough for short-run production in a wide variety of applications and fast turnaround.
– The lithographic process is observed to be dominating the retail print industry but is expected to suffer market share to methods such as digital prints that are entirely suited to shorter print runs. Application segments include advertising, office products, catalogs, periodicals, labels and wrappers, and directories. Furthermore, it can be used to print garments, books, & other fabrics, documents, financial & legal forms, catalogs, & directories simultaneously with office products.
– As the printing industry is a supplier to many other economic sectors, the emergence of COVID-19 outbreak across the globe is significantly impacting the commercial printing industry in the region. The first impact can be considered on the commercial printing companies supplying to trade fairs/exhibitions or meetings and events; and large amount of which got cancelled at the last moment.
– Synthetic ethyl alcohol is an important ingredient material for the production ofprinted packaging material, and also for the production of food packaging. Synthetic alcohol is also used for production of disinfectants, due to this outbreak the demand for it has significantly propelled, sparking the concerns over its shortage.
Key Market Trends
Digital Printing is Expected to Grow Significantly
– Digital printing has been making the segment evolve apart from the traditional use of renewable resources to improving print accuracy and significantly reducing emissions and wastage. With a rising concern among the printing companies and overall goal to meet the sustainability goals, they are reducing their carbon footprint.
– Drop-on-demand (DOD) technology is further sub-divided into thermal DOD and piezoelectric DOD. Most consumer inkjet printers use the thermal inkjet process. Inkjet printing uses thermal excitation to move the tiny drops of ink onto the substrates. Most commercial and industrial inkjet printers, along with some consumer printers, use a piezoelectric material that is excited by the application of a voltage to ensure a continuous flow of ink. When the voltage is applied, the shape of the piezoelectric material changes, generating a pressure pulse in the fluid that forces a droplet of ink from the nozzle.
– The significant advantage of using inkjets is due to its capability to produce short runs and unique products effectively. Commercial printing is being driven by the growth of online ordering and specification by using web-to-print technology. The ability of inkjets in the production of short runs and one-off products has reinforced their role as a critical enabler in such an ecosystem.
Revenue from the Newspaper Printing is Expected to Follow the Downward Trend
– Due to high circulation and extensive readerships, the Nordic region has been characterized as a newspaper region. According to Nordicom, the overall number of newspaper in the region is stable; however; the number of titles in Norway has been experiencing a continuous decline since 2000 due to digitization and globalization rapidly taking place and changing the media landscape and use, challenging the strong position of newspapers in the Nordic countries.
– According to the latest data released by the Nordicom, the newspaper revenue in the Nordic countries decreased to NOK 11,028 million in 2019 from NOK 13, 947 million in 2013. The data indicates the significant drop in circulation across the countries, and the largest drop is experienced among the national single-copy-sold tabloids in each country.
– The newspaper printing companies are also actively looking forward to making strategic mergers and acquisitions to gain on market share. For instance, in May 2020, Sanoma Media Finland announced the acquisition of Alma Media’s regional news media business by investing over USD 125 million for printing services provider Alma Manu Oy. The company has over 185,000 subscribers, with only 15% of digital copy subscribers.
The commercial printing market is significantly fragmented due to the presence of many international and regional companies. Owing to reasons such as the overcapacity of firms and pricing pressures, the market appears to be extremely competitive. Product obsolescence, expansion of commodity materials, and more affordable material imports are the main challenges faced by commercial printing businesses. Demand is encouraged by advertising and product requirements of business customers. The profitability of individual firms is strictly linked to effective sales operations. Small organizations can fight efficiently by giving more genuine local service in a specific product category.
– October 2019 – TC Transcontinental announced the acquisition of Holland & Crosby Limited, a manufacturing company specialized in in-store marketing product printing, including advertising display and signage, for Denmark retailers. The transaction is aligned with TC Transcontinental’s strategy of enhancing its offering in the promising vertical of in-store marketing product printing which has been continuously growing for several years.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Potential Industry Sectors & Increased Demand for Promotional Materials by the Retail, Food and Beverage Industries
4.2.2 The Introduction of Eco-friendly Practices, Reducing the Printing Industry’s Impact on the Environment
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Increase in Digitization
4.3.2 Rising Dependence on Feedstock Prices
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Porters 5 Force Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Assessment on the Impact of COVID-19 on the market
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Product Type
5.2 By Printing Technology
18.104.22.168 Offset lithography
5.3.5 Rest of Nordic Region
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Aller Tryk A/S
6.1.2 Sanoma Media Finland Oy
6.1.3 Amedia Trykk og Distribusjon
6.1.4 Bold Printing Group AB
6.1.5 Botnia Print
6.1.6 Daily Print
6.1.7 Gota Media AB
6.1.8 Pressgrannar AB
6.1.9 ScandBook Holding
6.1.10 Schibsted Trykk AS
6.1.11 Tryck i Norrbotten
6.1.12 UPC Center
6.1.13 V-TAB AB
6.1.14 Ålgård Offset
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS