• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月10日
|Single User||￥552,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥617,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥975,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The Meat Packaging market was valued at USD 12.1 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 13.65 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 4.37% over the forecast period 2021 – 2026. With the growing demand for meat products, the demand for quality and attractive meat packaging is rising. Packaging can help in maintaining the existing quality of meat and delay the onset of spoilage by controlling the factors that contribute to it.
– One of the important factors in meat packaging is the type of meat being packaged. Large pork and beef packing plants use vacuum packaging to preserve meat. Vacuum packaging removes oxygen within the package that helps to preserve the meat within the packaging. Grocery stores mostly use a stretchable plastic meat film coupled with a bottom foam tray.
– According to the OECD and FAO, the per capita meat consumption across the world is 34 . 4 kilograms in 2019 and is projected to increase to 34 . 9 kilograms by 2024. There is a strong demand for products like packaged meat, mainly because most of the consumers across the world are preferring the convenience of ready -to -serve foods . For instance, as per the US Department of Agriculture and Economic Research Service, in 2017 , the most consumed type of meat in the United States was broiler chicken, at about 91 pounds per capita . This is expected to increase to 94 . 3 pounds per capita by 2028 . As per the American Institute for Packaging and the Environment, in 2017 , around 68 % of meat in the country was packaged.
– According to the US department of agriculture, the volume of cold storage of frozen red meat amounted to 1101.5 million pounds in FY2019, while foods like frozen poultry amounted to 1,212.92 million pounds, respectively.
– With the recent outbreak of COVID 19, the active packaging manufacturers have been flooded with a pool of issues that are expected to remain only for the short-term. Some of the effects of lockdown include supply chain disruptions, lack of availability of raw materials used in the manufacturing process, labor shortages, fluctuating prices that could cause the production of the final product to inflate and go beyond budget, shipping problems, etc.
– A rash of COVID-19 outbreaks at dozens of meat packaging plants across the United States is far more extensive than previously thought, according to an exclusive review of an Industry Insider. More than 150 of America’s major meat processing plants operate in counties where the rate of coronavirus infection is already among the nation’s highest, based on the media outlets’ analysis of slaughterhouse locations and county-level COVID-19 infection rates.
Key Market Trends
Flexible Plastic is Expected to Hold a Significant Share
– The market segment for flexible packaging solutions is expected to witness exponential growth during the forecast period, owing to factors like the increased consumption of animal products. Factors such as the increasing world population, rising incomes, and urbanization, are strongly and positively related to the consumption of animal products. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that meat consumption may increase to 376 million metric tons by 2030, from 218 million metric tons during 1997-1999.
– The market is strengthened by the increasing availability of meat and pork products across widespread and robust retail chains in different countries. With the demand for a more considerable stable-shelf time, the demand for retort packaging and thermoformed high barrier films is on the rise.
– Further, with the consumers in different countries being inclined toward products containing fish, meat, and vegetables, which are mainly retort -packed to keep them shelf-stable, the readymade meals have gained increased popularity among the consumers. The increasing trend of online purchasing has further buoyed them.
– Also, flexible vinyl films have very good barrier properties to oil and grease but are oxygen permeable. They have excellent clarity and are puncture resistant. These properties make flexible PVC films suitable for food packaging to keep meat and other perishable produce fresh. Further, PVC films are an ideal choice to package fresh red meat as they are semi-permeable, meaning they are just enough oxygen permeable to keep meat products fresh and to maintain their bright red color. PVC films are often used when transparency is essential.
– Owing to the increasing demand, several market players are establishing collaborations and partnerships to further drive better revenues. For instance, in January 2020, Amcor announced its partnership with Moda vacuum packaging systems in North America and Latin America. With this partnership, combining Amcor’s shrink bag and roll stock film for meat barrier films and its polyvinyl chloride (“PVC”) films, which include a broad array of PVC meat films that are used primarily to wrap fresh meats, especially poultry.
United Kingdom is Expected to Show Significant Growth
– The increasing urban population in the United Kingdom has been contributing significantly to the growth of the market studied. According to a study by the World Bank, the degree of urbanization in the United Kingdom amounted to 83.65% in 2019. The altering patterns in lifestyle, including decreasing the amount of time spent on the preparation of meals, is leading to a shift toward more processed, easily-packed, and pre-prepared meat, which is expected to propel the growth of the market studied.
– The high industrial competition from the emerging economies of India, China, and Brazil has urged the manufacturers in the United Kingdom to continue to develop their production capabilities with innovation and technology to maintain a competitive edge in the market.
– The country is observing an increasing meat export in the last few months, which is therefore bolstering the growth of active packaging. According to the recent statistics published by HMRC, the country’s lamb exports to Switzerland have increased by over 200% in the first six months of 2020 compared to last year.
– With lamb from Wales accounting for nearly a third of UK exports overall, it is estimated this increase could be worth GBP 600,000 to the Welsh red meat sector alone. Swiss foodservice buyer Fideco confirmed that they are back to around 90% of the supply they were providing to eating-out venues in July 2019 and are aiming to be back at 100% by September.
– Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, nations across the world have witnessed lockdown restrictions, which led to panic buying. This imposed a massive pressure on the companies to adopt flexible packaging solutions, as the processed and ready to eat meat-producing companies have increasingly witnessed an inclination towards pre-packaged food in smaller, consumer-sized packaging.
– Also, the rise in demand for ambient foods, frozen foods, and comfort foods is expected to increase the demand for flexible packaging solutions in the country, owing to its ability to extend the shelf life of such products.
The meat packaging market is marked with intense competition and consists of several major players. Companies in the market are continuously involved in increasing their market presence by introducing new products, expanding their operations, or by entering into strategic mergers and acquisitions.
– September 2020 – Mondi launched an 80% paper-based packaging solution for cold meats and cheese. The new packaging will reduce plastic usage for Austrian dairy producer SalzburgMilch by approximately 40 tons per year, compared to its previously used rigid plastic trays.
– August 2020 – Sealed Air has developed chlorine-free vacuum shrink bags to help food processors and retailers improve food safety and sustainability in a circular economy. The new CRYOVAC brand OptiDure Bags are made from a carefully selected range of resins to deliver a highly protective chlorine-free EVOH barrier. These products are a significant choice for packing fresh meats and poultry, smoked and processed meats, and cheeses.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Meat Packaging Industry at a Global level
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers (Increasing Demand for Convenience Food etc.)
5.2 Market Challenges (Environmental Issues such as Recyclability and Health Concerns etc.)
5.3 Technology Snapshot
5.3.1 Vacuum Packaging
5.3.2 Active and Intelligent Packaging
5.3.3 Modified Atmosphere Packaging
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Material Type
220.127.116.11 Flexible (By Product Type)
18.104.22.168.3 Films and Wraps
22.214.171.124.4 Other Flexible Products
6.1.2 Rigid (By Product Type)
126.96.36.199 Trays and Containers
188.8.131.52 Other Rigid Products
184.108.40.206 Other Material Types
6.2 By Type of Meat
6.2.1 Fresh and Frozen
6.2.3 Ready to Eat
6.3 By Geography
6.3.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
6.3.3 Asia Pacific
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia Pacific
6.3.4 Rest of the World
188.8.131.52 Latin America
184.108.40.206 Middle East and Africa
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Sealed Air Corporation
7.1.2 Berry Global Inc.
7.1.3 Crown Holdings Inc.
7.1.4 Amcor PLC
7.1.5 Mondi Group
7.1.6 Coveris Holdings S.A.
7.1.7 Winpak Ltd.
7.1.8 Smurfit Kappa Group
7.1.9 Viscofan Group
7.1.10 Sonoco Products Company
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET