• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月10日
|Single User||￥552,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥617,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥975,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The low-power WAN market was valued at USD 6.33 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach a value of USD 249.12 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 84.53% during the forecast period of 2021-2026. The need for enhancement of 4G technology, in terms of low-cost, network capacity, network efficiency, and end-to-end delay, is projected to ascend the usage of LPWAN.
– The rapid growth in the investment of smart cities is likely to foster the market’s growth. For instance, in October 2018, the National Science Foundation (NSF) announced an investment in connected and smart city programs worth USD 22.6 million.
– Though it is capable of delivering messages to distances, ranging about 30-50 km in rural areas, 3-10 km in urban settings, and up to 1,000 km in line-of-site applications, its packet size has been limited to 150 messages of 12 byte per day.
– The major application of LPWAN, includes fleet management, good tracking, smart metering, smart grid management, home automation, waste management, process monitoring and control, and climate monitoring, among others.
– Few of the challenges to this technology that may hamper the overall adoption and market include future coverage and scalability, technology co-existence, real-time communication. In addition, the security of the network, not as robust as sending data back to endpoints, can also be prone to interference.
Key Market Trends
5G Technology to Drive the Market Growth
– The 5G technology (5th generation of mobile technology), which is expected to be commercialized by 2020, is likely to support a wide array of features and the existing usages of LPWAN.
– The need for enhancement of 4G technology in terms of low cost, network capacity, network efficiency, and end-to-end delay, is projected to ascend the usage of LWPAN. Hence, these aforementioned factors have positive impacts on the market’s growth.
– Diverse organizations are raising funds and increasing investment toward 5G technology. For instance, WIG, a wireless infrastructure provider, raised GBP 220 million for the investment associated with 5G infrastructure. As a result, it is expected to ascend the demand for the technology in the next six years.
– Notably, the rapid growth in the investment of smart-cities is likely to foster the market’s growth. For instance, in October 2018, the National Science Foundation (NSF) announced an investment in connected smart-city programs worth USD 22.6 million.
– Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates are expected to lead in terms of investments in smart-city projects, owing to the favorable government initiatives. As a result, it creates an immense opportunity for the companies to invest in these countries. These factors will help not only in boosting the market’s growth but also in garnering higher market shares.
North America Expected to Occupy a Major Share
– North America has a high concentration of the growing IoT technology with trends, such as the Industrial Internet of Things and wearables, coupled with the growth of smart-cities . These are some of the primary factors responsible for the growth of LPWAN in the region.
– Many developments toward the growth of smart-cities have been taking place in the region. These are expected to further increase the use of LPWAN in the region.
– Google’s Sidewalk Lab and Waterfront Toronto have been involved in building a smart city at Quayside area in Canada. The competitive evaluations for the existing smart-city infrastructure are also leading to better implementation of the Internet of things. This factor is also expected to boost the growth of the LPWAN market in the region.
The low power WAN market is moderately fragmented. With the increase in the IoT ecosystem, various technologies are also evolving, such as LPWAN, which drive the players to invest in the market. Moreover, the players are entering the market gradually with technological upgradation. Some of the key players, include Cisco Systems Inc., Sigfox SA, AT&T Inc., Vodafone Group PLC, Semtech Corporation, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd, and Ingenu Inc., among others.
– May 2019 – Argon Consulting announced its collaboration with Guerlain on an innovative approach to accelerating supply flows, based on Sigfox IoT technology and international 0G network. Guerlain, a leader in Perfumes and Cosmetics, is the first company to ever use this approach, in this case on a strategic supply-flow of packaging components for care products.
– May 2018 – Invoxia, a French innovation company, in collaboration with a community website called, Wamiz, developed a new wearable that runs on LPWAN technology. The wearable is used to track the location of pets. The device is named as Pet Tracker, which has been made available for preorder on the website.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Rising Need of Long Range Connectivity Between Devices
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Privacy and Security Concerns
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
5.1.4 Other Types (Sigfox, Weightless, etc.)
5.2 By Service
5.2.1 Professional Service
5.2.2 Managed Service
5.3 By End-user
5.3.1 Oil and Gas
5.3.2 Consumer Electronics
5.3.4 Industrial Manufacturing
5.3.5 Logistics and Travelling
5.3.6 Other End-users
5.4 By Application
5.4.1 Smart Cities
5.4.2 Smart Homes/Buildings
5.4.3 Smart Agriculture
5.4.4 Other Applications
5.5.1 North America
5.5.4 Latin America
5.5.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Semtech Corporation
6.1.2 Sigfox SA
6.1.3 Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
6.1.4 Ingenu Inc.
6.1.5 Cisco Systems Inc.
6.1.6 AT&T Inc.
6.1.7 Vodafone Group PLC
6.1.8 Loriot AG
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS